2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I don't know if this is some kind of inside joke or something... but passing bills upwards that have zero chance of going anywhere, then patting yourself on the back while also saying its out of your hands is not exactly something new or indicative of some greater winning strategy at work lol
But that's literally what their job is, to pass bills in the House. It's not about a greater strategy, it's about understanding the limits of their power.

What would you like them to do?
It's literally their job to pass bills. And it's the Senate's job to take those bills up on a vote. The senate has the ability to pass those bills with changes and then they can go into committee and hash out the difference.

We're too old to not understand the fundamentals of how our government is supposed to work.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I don't know if this is some kind of inside joke or something... but passing bills upwards that have zero chance of going anywhere, then patting yourself on the back while also saying its out of your hands is not exactly something new or indicative of some greater winning strategy at work lol
Republicans were doing for years with the ACA and were laughed at.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
But that's literally what their job is. It's not about a greater strategy, it's about understanding the limits of their power.

What would you like them to do?
Not making excuses while asking for a votes at the same time would be a start.... But this is also by far the most *reactive* Congress I can remember going back to the 90s. Outside of very specific things like data regulation, this admin and congress both have consistently been a step behind. Whether its the above foreign policy situations or domestically where, things that were issues even before COVID remain critical and have also costed democrats elections.

Lets take education for example. Not even the student loans thing because I've seen plenty about that. The VA Gov race went off the rails the moment it became clear that there was no interest in appropriately tacking a growing issue regarding teacher availability and concerns with providing proper support in the classroom. Now, you'd think that that would be a red flag or alert in districts everywhere because teachers unions and associations were striking constantly these past few years. So there is an uncertainty there when you present yourself and your party as the supporters of a group in distress, then let a freebie go due to inaction, then continue to drag feet on an issue.

But this isn't isolated to just education. This is a pattern of shyt hitting the fan then mad scrambles to catch up after the fact and then not even being on the same page when it comes to that. But that's only *my* tangent.

You don't have to look far in any direction to see people unsatisfied and not accepting the narrative of "we're trying".
It's literally their job to pass bills. And it's the Senate's job to take those bills up on a vote. The senate has the ability to pass those bills with changes and then they can go into committee and hash out the difference.

We're too old to not understand the fundamentals of how our government is supposed to work.
Its their jobs to facilitate action within that branch as a whole. If you're unable to collaborate, negotiate, or provide the foundations of a solid leaping pad then you're not doing anything other than spinning wheels. That's what this is. Spinning wheels - but against their own interests. Typically this is used to trip up the opposing party and buy time....

Its also wild how greater leadership within the party fails to leverage committee assignments, etc or even scrutinizes those who benefit from the select few who happily take on all the blame to absolve their counterparts.

But its not on voters to solve that equation on their elected officials behalf nor should it be expected.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Its their jobs to facilitate action within that branch as a whole. If you're unable to collaborate, negotiate, or provide the foundations of a solid leaping pad then you're not doing anything other than spinning wheels. That's what this is. Spinning wheels - but against their own interests. Typically this is used to trip up the opposing party and buy time....

Its also wild how greater leadership within the party fails to leverage committee assignments, etc or even scrutinizes those who benefit from the select few who happily take on all the blame to absolve their counterparts.
Oh you're one of those guys. Nm. Let's just stick to sports.:pachaha:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Im enjoying watching how swiftly y'all are moving between people should stand on their square and fight for what they were elected to do while also saying they should only bring forward bills that can pass.

Then when they do the latter they're criticized for watering down bills. :pachaha:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
So the house Republicans failed to do their job because John McCain tanked it? :comeon:
No :what:

No one is elected saying, "our chamber will vote to change this law and pass it to a different chamber," they say "we will change this law."

That's how this thing works. :pachaha:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Oh you're one of those guys. Nm. Let's just stick to sports.:pachaha:
What does being an apologist in spite of public reaction, polling, and exhibited patterns get anyone? lol. Its not like I'm talking out my ass either. NC house members in particular have plenty of traction in education - so that point still stands even if you want to take the first opportunity to be a reductionist and plug your ears taking the smallest part of a post to bail out. You cannot be known as stagnant AND reactionary and think you're going to have a high turnout. It doesn't work that way.

So even if you don't blame the democrats for everything, and I don't think most do, there's still the fact that people must consider if they're able to handle new and developing issues. And before anyone says "but but but vote republican?? :damn: is that what you want???", that goes back to the first thing I said in mitigating/controlling the damage. Its already bad and getting worse. I hope that exploring primaries in a productive way is on the menu instead of the typical finger pointing/wagon circling....

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No :what:

No one is elected saying, "our chamber will vote to change this law and pass it to a different chamber," they say "we will change this law."

That's how this thing works. :pachaha:
So when Bernie and the squad do Performative votes that you champion they're just wasting time? :skip:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So when Bernie and the squad do Performative votes that you champion they're just wasting time? :skip:
Mostly, yeah. It was harmless and you'd think that exploring new ways to gain traction as well as developing near leadership would be a priority but fukk all that.

The same people not doing shyt now are the ones acting like those folks were tearing the party apart :dead: I really thought the "blame progressives for everything" shyt was over with by now.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What does being an apologist in spite of public reaction, polling, and exhibited patterns get anyone? lol. Its not like I'm talking out my ass either. NC house members in particular have plenty of traction in education - so that point still stands even if you want to take the first opportunity to be a reductionist and plug your ears taking the smallest part of a post to bail out. You cannot be known as stagnant AND reactionary and think you're going to have a high turnout. It doesn't work that way.

So even if you don't blame the democrats for everything, and I don't think most do, there's still the fact that people must consider if they're able to handle new and developing issues. And before anyone says "but but but vote republican?? :damn: is that what you want???", that goes back to the first thing I said in mitigating/controlling the damage. Its already bad and getting worse. I hope that exploring primaries in a productive way is on the menu instead of the typical finger pointing/wagon circling....
No. I placed my blame squarely where it lies for the lack of bills being passed and that is in the Senate.

They should have bushed the filibuster. They should take more majority votes to bring bills to the floor if the majority leader refuses to schedule them for a vote. They should remove the majority leader when he/she is incapable of getting popular legislation up for a vote.

As voters we should vote for representatives that will vote for the policies that we personally care for.

And I expect party leadership to do their part.

The problem here is y'all seemingly either don't know why legislation is stagnant or you do know and are arguing in bath faith because you'd rather wax poetic about other things.