2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Democrats' problem with Hispanic voters isn't going away as GOP gains seem to be solidifying

At some point, I'm going to need you to argue like an adult.

I want any democrat who can win. I dont give a shyt about local corruption like that. I'm a black male and national legislation is putting our political welfare and access on a very thin edge right now as republicans are locally wiping us out of office by erasing our districts and flat out changing local electoral rules out of sheer spite.

I'll tolerate any imperfect democrat sailing to victory over an untested progressive who will could lose the general election.

I see instead of defending your claim, you're pushing anti-immigration views again. But that wasn't the discussion:
Your claim was that Henry Cuellar is the only democrat that can win that district. I called bullshyt. Your only forms of proof are two op-eds that base their claims on one election (Biden vs Trump).

My retort is the same as before:
- There were two primary's in the 28th district. Cuellar/Cisneros and Garcia Whitten...Turnout for the Dem race topped 44,000 voters with separation of less than 200 voters between the two. The Republicans had 15,000 voters combined.

- That district has gone blue for nearly 2 decades. The only difference was that the gap closed for Biden v Trump, but he was still +5 there. It's a 20 year stronghold that faltered a little. But to claim only Cuellar can win there isn't just dubious, it's ignoring the district's blue-leaning ways entirely.

- And for any shifts that may have occurred, they've gone away from Cuellar and toward Cisneros. She lost the last race by a 4% margin. That margin decreased to 0.4% this time. So Cuellar lost popularity with his constituents or Cisneros gained enough new constituents to gain ground on him in a significant chunk.

So again...instead of making dubious claims about Hispanic people as a whole based on one election result, show and prove that Henry Cuellar is the only individual that could win a race in that district that has gone blue for the nearly 20 years straight.

If you can't...I'll just keep talking down to you :manny:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1) she’s clearly more intelligent than you.

2) She’s absolutely right. It’s not like they went to war for a moderate, they went to war for the most conservative dude in a district Biden won by 5 who is currently under federal investigation. They could’ve told him to sit his ass down and pick someone else.
They did betray their own voters for a conservative, corrupt piece of shyt. She is not wrong.
actually, "their own voters" voted for that 'conservative piece of shyt'. its called democracy :what:

you far left clowns are embarrassing. if the voters wanted cisneros, they would have fukking voted for her :camby:

and for what? cisneros to lose to a republican in november? i bet you guys also think its a good idea for bernie to help someone primary manchin :laff:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
actually, "their own voters" voted for that 'conservative piece of shyt'. its called democracy :what:

you far left clowns are embarrassing. if the voters wanted cisneros, they would have fukking voted for her :camby:

and for what? cisneros to lose to a republican in november? i bet you guys also think its a good idea for bernie to help someone primary manchin :laff:

By 175 votes out of 44,000 she lost. You fools gotta stop treating Texas 28th District like it's Joe Manchin's WV haven. It's not. It's been a clearly blue district for a long time. Pretending Cisneros couldn't win a blue stronghold is moronic.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By 175 votes out of 44,000 she lost. You fools gotta stop treating Texas 28th District like it's Joe Manchin's WV haven. It's not. It's been a clearly blue district for a long time. Pretending Cisneros couldn't win a blue stronghold is moronic.
so why didnt she win the primary :heh:

stop bytching. i dont see any evidence that says hispanics are buying what the far left is selling. frankly it looks the opposite

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

stop bytching. i dont see any evidence that says hispanics are buying what the far left is selling. frankly it looks the opposite

I didn't think you could be this fukkin' stupid lmao. Gonna explain this like I'm talking to a 4th grader.

Cuellar beat his Republican opponent by something like 30% last election.
Cisneros losing to Cuellar by 0.4% doesn't mean she'd lose to a person Cuellar beat by 30%.

Are you able to follow this very simple concept? It's not that complicated. That's been a blue seat since 2004. Cuellar wins it, Cisneros wins it, generic Democrat probably wins it too. How is this confusing?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Beto went into the lions den, not giving a single fukk. Texas better get right. This man loves that state and wants what's best.
It's still mind boggling to me that these people chose Ted Cruz over Beto

I mean not really cause Murica and Texas but holy shyt...

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

You’re such a vapid a$$hole. I’m so sick of you guys acting like “nothing can move votes” whenever it’s an outcome you like. Like you honestly think SuperPACs and entire democratic leadership running ads for this dude at the last minute had no impact. You think they showed up for no reason? No one is questioning the results you idiot. We are questioning the methods. You’re acting like if I’m a left leaning candidate with popular ideas and 1,000 dollars that I’m not still a heavy underdog to someone with less popular ideas with 10 million in cash and an entire party behind them. You’re pitiful. What’s worse is you know that you’re full of shyt.

Dudes really are going to sit here and pretend that there isn’t an entire process to actually catering to voters. There would be no need to cater to special interests if they had no impact on elections.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't think you could be this fukkin' stupid lmao. Gonna explain this like I'm talking to a 4th grader.

Cisneros losing to Cuellar by 0.4% doesn't mean she'd lose to a person Cuellar beat by 30%.

Are you able to follow this very simple concept? It's not that complicated. That's been a blue seat since 2004. Cuellar wins it, Cisneros wins it, generic Democrat probably wins it too. How is this confusing?
but DEM PRIMARY VOTERS didnt want her in that district :what: shes too far left

listen to this smug cocksucker telling a district, where he doesnt even live, who they should have voted for :laff:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re such a vapid a$$hole. I’m so sick of you guys acting like “nothing can move votes” whenever it’s an outcome you like. Like you honestly think SuperPACs and entire democratic leadership running ads for this dude at the last minute had no impact. You think they showed up for no reason? No one is questioning the results you idiot. We are questioning the methods. You’re acting like if I’m a left leaning candidate with popular ideas and 1,000 dollars that I’m not still a heavy underdog to someone with less popular ideas with 10 million in cash and an entire party behind them. You’re pitiful. What’s worse is you know that you’re full of shyt.

Dudes really are going to sit here and pretend that there isn’t an entire process to actually catering to voters. There would be no need to cater to special interests if they had no impact on elections.
or maybe, spoiler alert; the far left just sucks at politics :laff:

maybe cisneros wins, if progressives werent the self appointed representatives of militant LGBTQ, covid fascism, and "high gas prices are good because it'll force electric cars"

why dont you just move to san francisco, where'd you be happier? what is this fukkin bullshyt that anyone is obligated to vote for progressives?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

This isn't helping your argument.

Primaries are a reflection of the base.

AOC snuck in because no one watched her election and replaced the 3rd ranking democrat in a safe district.

Cisneros would lose her seat because she's too far left for the district.

You can't one one hand say Cuellar is too conservative then say he's winning the general elections too much. Cuellar's district and demographics and surrounding districts are swinging republican at rates that political scientists couldn't predict. CUELLAR'S CONSERVATIVE ASS wins that seat. Not Cisneros.

Not everywhere is LA or Brooklyn.

I want to see an argument supporting why replacing frontline democrats is a great idea if they just lose the general.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I see instead of defending your claim, you're pushing anti-immigration views again. But that wasn't the discussion:
Your claim was that Henry Cuellar is the only democrat that can win that district. I called bullshyt. Your only forms of proof are two op-eds that base their claims on one election (Biden vs Trump).

My retort is the same as before:
- There were two primary's in the 28th district. Cuellar/Cisneros and Garcia Whitten...Turnout for the Dem race topped 44,000 voters with separation of less than 200 voters between the two. The Republicans had 15,000 voters combined.

- That district has gone blue for nearly 2 decades. The only difference was that the gap closed for Biden v Trump, but he was still +5 there. It's a 20 year stronghold that faltered a little. But to claim only Cuellar can win there isn't just dubious, it's ignoring the district's blue-leaning ways entirely.

- And for any shifts that may have occurred, they've gone away from Cuellar and toward Cisneros. She lost the last race by a 4% margin. That margin decreased to 0.4% this time. So Cuellar lost popularity with his constituents or Cisneros gained enough new constituents to gain ground on him in a significant chunk.

So again...instead of making dubious claims about Hispanic people as a whole based on one election result, show and prove that Henry Cuellar is the only individual that could win a race in that district that has gone blue for the nearly 20 years straight.

If you can't...I'll just keep talking down to you :manny:
bruh holy shyt....what are you talking about? :gucci:

I didn't push anything anti-immigrant! :mindblown:

My nikka, take your bytchass hate for me out of the picture and get fukkin real. Cut the hoe shyt.

LATINOS IN THE SOUTHWEST ARE VOTING INCREASINGLY FOR REPUBLICANS.

Cry about it if you want.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

its worse than that...I'm down for replacing conservative democrats...in seats that aren't frontline seats :stopitslime:

Why is this so difficult to understand?

None of this shyt matters if Cisneros loses in the election that matters in November.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Tell me, in the bottom of your heart that makes rational decisions, that Cisernos wins the general election. Show your evidence.

I've told you the stats, explained the demographics, and the trends and the political science analysis.

I'm not seeing it and I think you're not being honest about far left politicians in general elections.