2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I'm not. Again, you're pathetically stupid breh.

I'm saying that thousands of people DID vote for her. Thousands more than voted for the Republicans running in that same district. I'm saying that thousands more people in that region have voted for the Democrat in every election since 2004. Therefore, I'm saying the same voting patterns that have literally existed since the Obama era will continue for that district whether it's Cuellar or Cisneros.

Obligations? wtf does that even mean. You're just an idiot.
you're making no point at all, just whining and crying that people didnt vote for a shytty, out of place politician

progressives have a bright future with this kind of dynamic strategy :wow:

why dont you just go hold a "stop the steal" rally, because it was "rigged and stolen" :mjlol:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
you're making no point at all, just whining and crying that people didnt vote for a shytty, out of place politician

progressives have a bright future with this kind of dynamic strategy :wow:

why dont you just go hold a "stop the steal" rally, because it was "rigged and stolen" :mjlol:

I literally have no complaint that people didn't vote for anyone you dumbass. I haven't said shyt about people not voting at all.

The argument being had has nothing to do with who won the Democratic primary moron. I'm saying that Cuellar will win the district but is not the only politician that can win the district. If Cisneros had won, she would also defeat a Republican opponent. There's not claims that she actually won or that the results were rigged. I'm pointing to the results and saying that the fact she came so close against him and garnered so many votes is proof that she could compete with a Republican in that district. I mean this from the bottom of my heart, you're dumb.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I support progressives WINNING elections.

I'll repeat my questions:
why should we assume a loss for a candidate that ran even with Cuellar, got more votes than the entire Republican turnout in her district, and who is running in a district that has consistently voted blue for nearly 20 years?

A 0.4% margin out 44,000 is not a referendum on the entire region. And I don't see how that small gap reflects a demographic change that will cost Cisneros an election that Cuellar likely wins fairly comfortably. You want to claim that she wouldn't win by the wide margins Cuellar had been pulling, I can vibe with that. But the idea that he's the only option for winning that district is some shyt you got from defending Joe Manchin so long.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'll repeat my questions:
why should we assume a loss for a candidate that ran even with Cuellar, got more votes than the entire Republican turnout in her district, and who is running in a district that has consistently voted blue for nearly 20 years?

A 0.4% margin out 44,000 is not a referendum on the entire region. And I don't see how that small gap reflects a demographic change that will cost Cisneros an election that Cuellar likely wins fairly comfortably. You want to claim that she wouldn't win by the wide margins Cuellar had been pulling, I can vibe with that. But the idea that he's the only option for winning that district is some shyt you got from defending Joe Manchin so long.
Because progressive candidates usually shyt the bed in the general unless its a very safe district.

Look at the squad and their districts.

Voters dont like taking risks unless they know they won't pay for it.

Part of this is understanding political psychology of democrat voters vs republican voters. The motivations are different. Democrats dont like risking any gains. Republicans will bet the house on bullshyt...and win... why? Because white supremacist or crazy ass candidates have a strength on the right. Democrats vote defensively. You all don't get this. This is precisely why a lot of democrats are to the left of the actual politicians they select.

As for Manchin, thats a SENATE seat. Not a district. The entire state went for Trump by almost 70%. Manchin is going to reflect that. Its a miracle he's a democrat.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Because progressive candidates usually shyt the bed in the general unless its a very safe district.

Look at the squad and their districts.

Voters dont like taking risks unless they know they won't pay for it.

Part of this is understanding political psychology of democrat voters vs republican voters. The motivations are different. Democrats dont like risking any gains. Republicans will bet the house on bullshyt...and win... why? Because white supremacist or crazy ass candidates have a strength on the right. Democrats vote defensively. You all don't get this. This is precisely why a lot of democrats are to the left of the actual politicians they select.

Again, this district isn't a conservative bastion. Look how blue this has gone. Cuellar's margins have been big, Dem presidential candidates have won by comfortable margins too.

And Cisneros herself has gained momentum, not lost it. She went from losing by 4% to 0.4% (for the time being, mail-ins and provisional may change that math). Trump did better with Hispanic voters than expected and that's driven a lot of speculation. I'll repeat the hard numbers here. Cisneros got 22K plus votes and the Republican turnout was less than 15K combined. She ran neck and neck with Cuellar. It has voted for Gore, Clinton, Obama, and Biden over Republicans. Before Cuellar, other Dems held office. This district doesn't require a rightwing Democrat at minimum. And there's no actual evidence that a progressive would lose there either. Just an assumption about voters.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The Texas voters made their choice. Folks gotta live with it.
Yeah having full support of democrat party apparatus and Jim Clyburn holding a rally just three weeks before the runoff nothing to do with it :ohhh:

Thank you Nancy Pelosi and Jim Clyburn :blessed:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yeah having full support of democrat party apparatus and Jim Clyburn holding a rally just three weeks before the runoff nothing to do with it :ohhh:

Thank you Nancy Pelosi and Jim Clyburn :blessed:

It seems y'all want it both ways.

On one hand you celebrate when AOC setup courage to change whose purpose was to primary moderate dems and replace them with progressives. Yet you cry foul when when other politicians do the same.

On one hand you say that voters don't like establishment dems, yet everytime a progressive loses to one you blame them for tipping the scales.

You guys are just being emotional and it shows. :mjlol:

KTSE:

Last edited:

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
The most interesting races to me are the PA senate race and GA senate race. Herschel and Oz are going to be very tough candidates. I might give the strong odds to herschel because of that football factor but the debates might be a huge factor

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It seems y'all want it both ways.

On one hand you celebrate when AOC setup courage to change whose purpose was to primary moderate dems and replace them with progressives. Yet you cry foul when when other politicians do the same.

On one hand you say that voters don't like establishment dems, yet everytime a progressive loses to one you blame them for tipping the scales.

You guys are just being emotional and it shows. :mjlol:

KTSE:

You’re disingenuous and it shows.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You’re disingenuous and it shows.
Nah, I'm just not out here pretending to care about an election in Texas because I received an email blast from AOC.

What's disingenuous is believing that a district that has Elected the same man since 2004 somehow was swayed by Dem leadership to keep him in office.

What's disingenuous is suggesting that there was foul play involved because the incumbent is leading against the same candidate he beat in 2020 and he led in 2022 primary.

Instead of talking about what's happened, you guys are winding up your gears arguing with nap about if Cisneros could hypothetically win. It's a fools errand and serves no purpose.

Foh.