2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
5Oafl9T.png
GOAT shyt :wow:

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
If Biden has an effective vaccination distribution plan, cancels student debt (even if its "only" 10k), and puts 2k cash into American hands, is there any real way the GOP can combat Dem accomplishments going into 2022? They can clutch pearls about the deficit but we, we being those who follow or are in politics, all know what their tax cut has done. This recent fiasco is going to make for brutal campaign ads, especially the ones related to the upcoming impeachment vote

It'll be really interesting to see what the Republican party looks like in 2024. Primary season in 2022 is going to be really telling, especially if Trump's still a free man giving orders to magats. I've never once stopped to consider how many moderate rethugs there are vs Trump die hards but now I'm really curious
2022 will be interesting. Lots of storylines in play. Dems wrt to economic recovery and Covid relief and ReThugs and backlash wrt to Trumpism. If the ReThugs back Trump they show moderates they choose white supremacists and insurrection publicly. Vote against they lose Trump's supporters and him. I do wonder if Trump does go to jail how that affects his supporters and will they turnout given they thought this election was rigged?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
IMO it's very likely that Dems will lose the House in 2022 regardless of what they do.

Why? It's simple. Democratic voters just won't be motivated to show up to the polls in the midterms without Trump in office. Say what you want but that's what history suggests.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO it's very likely that Dems will lose the House in 2022 regardless of what they do.

Why? It's simple. Democratic voters just won't be motivated to show up to the polls in the midterms without Trump in office. Say what you want but that's what history suggests.
Not as long as th GOP plan to embrace Trump and put up candidates who love trump

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Donald Trump and the 1/6 insurrection is the biggest wakeup call in the last 50 years of the American public. People are now openly discussing the importance of midterm elections as well as local elections, with a far better understanding of American Civics. No more Obama era relaxation, the people know that they gotta get rid of these American traitors from public office. Voting is now a normal annual thing, not just a once-per-four-year presidential thing.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Donald Trump and the 1/6 insurrection is the biggest wakeup call in the last 50 years of the American public. People are now openly discussing the importance of midterm elections as well as local elections, with a far better understanding of American Civics. No more Obama era relaxation, the people know that they gotta get rid of these American traitors from public office. Voting is now a normal annual thing, not just a once-per-four-year presidential thing.

This is true. I know a gang a folks who educated themselves on politics after being sheltered in place back in the spring, how those coronavirus task force meetings pissed them off and opened their eyes. The whole George Floyd (RIP) fiasco was the cherry on top with the way Trump and the GOP handled it. They were first time voters this year to. Now they're hooked on politics.

:mjlit:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This is true. I know a gang a folks who educated themselves on politics after being sheltered in place back in the spring, how those coronavirus task force meetings pissed them off and opened their eyes. The whole George Floyd (RIP) fiasco was the cherry on top with the way Trump and the GOP handled it. They were first time voters this year to. Now they're hooked on politics.

:mjlit:

Not just that, but Joe Biden repeatedly said that only a Democratic Congress, can he get anything done.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia

the other party most always losing the house

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY

This is what I predicted. Every time republicans lose they pass more voter suppression laws. They aren’t going to moderate. They will double down with the far right, doubel down with voter suppression , go all out with gerrymandering, double down with obstruction, bank on voter apathy for lower democratic turnout and rile the maga base with high Republican turnout to win back the house. Dems will make gains in the senate but will lose the house. That’s my prediction.