2020 Random NFL Thoughts Thread

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
And the football gods rewarded y'all with Ken Norton Jr. as a DC that Pete ain't ever firing and everyone knows is too terrible to become a HC somewhere else. We both know y'all defense is bullshyt still. Playing against terrible QBs the past month got the media pretending it's good.

:blessed::mjgrin:
Defense has been solid since jamal and dunlap got here

Pete got conservative w offense since tho :beli:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Defense has been solid since jamal and dunlap got here

Pete got conservative w offense since tho :beli:

:usure:

Past 5 QBs:

Week 12 - Wentz
Week 13 - Colt McCoy
Week 14 - Darnold
Week 15 - Haskins
Week 16 - Goff (with a broken thumb)

3 out of those 5 aren't even starting anymore. Y'all second round opponent is gonna roast y'all. I'd much rather have our mid round draft pick.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
:usure:

Past 5 QBs:

Week 12 - Wentz
Week 13 - Colt McCoy
Week 14 - Darnold
Week 15 - Haskins
Week 16 - Goff (with a broken thumb)

3 out of those 5 aren't even starting anymore. Y'all second round opponent is gonna roast y'all. I'd much rather have our mid round draft pick.
it goes back further than that
since week 9 they been number 1 or 2 in sacks in the league.

and this doesnt have to be a top 5 defense. just has to be middle of the pack. well see what happens in the playoffs

I remember having a team and the highlight being looking forward to the draft every year :wow:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
12 reasons why the Falcons have NFL's most appealing job openings
12 reasons why the Falcons have NFL's most appealing job openings (msn.com)

12. Team ready to win now: The Falcons may have missed the playoffs three straight years, but the team has the right mix of veteran experience and young talent to turn things around quickly.
11. Better roster than Lions, Jets and Texans: The three other teams without coaches have significantly bigger holes than the Falcons do. Matt Stafford, Deshaun Watson and Sam Darnold are talented QBs, but these rosters are fairly bare outside of these signal-callers.

10. The NFC South is old: Tom Brady and Drew Brees may have eluded father time for another season, but that time is coming sooner rather than later. Atlanta has a good chance to become the perennial favorite in the NFC South.

9. Promising 2020 draft class: A.J. Terrell was among the most criticized draft picks, but he's validated the selection with a really solid year. Plus, rookies Marlon Davidson, Mykal Walker, Jaylinn Hawkins and Sterling Hofrichter each figure to have prominent roles in 2021.

8. Two young studs at LB: Deion Jones has been one of NFL's best LBs, but he may have found the perfect running mate this year in Foye Oluokun. Together, the two have thrived and should have a bright future in the middle of Atlanta's defense.

7. Best WR corps in the NFL?: All-Pro WR Julio Jones is bound to be healthier next season, and Calvin Ridley is fifth in receiving yards. Throw in a the rapidly-improving Russell Gage and you get the NFL's top WR trio.

6. Rich McKay can make transition easier: Both the new head coach and GM stand to benefit from having Rich McKay around to make it a smooth transition. McKay's knowledge of the franchise should take some pressure off of the new hires and allow them to focus on football.

5. Young, talented offensive line: It took some time, but the Falcons young offensive linemen are starting to come into their own. Kaleb McGary has improved a ton in pass protection, Chris Lindstrom continues to make terrific progress and Atlanta drafted versatile Matt Hennessy in the third round this year.

4. Matt Ryan is still a top-10 QB: Ryan has a good mix of critical and fanatical fans, but it's hard to argue the 13-year veteran isn't still among the NFL's top 10 passers. Despite a down year, we've seen what the former MVP can do in the right system.

3. Core players on all three phases: Atlanta has elite players on offense in Matt Ryan and Calvin Ridley. on defense with Grady Jarrett and Foye Oluokun, and on special teams with Younghoe Koo and Sterling Hofrichter.

2. Top-5 draft pick in 2021: The Falcons have inexplicably blown leads in several games they should have easily won. On the bright side, Atlanta currently sits at No. 4 in the 2021 draft order with one game remaining

1. Arthur Blank is a world-class owner: Arthur Blank is arguably the NFL's best owner. His loyalty, class and willingness to spend money to improve both the team and the community make him one of kind.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
it goes back further than that
since week 9 they been number 1 or 2 in sacks in the league.

and this doesnt have to be a top 5 defense. just has to be middle of the pack. well see what happens in the playoffs

I remember having a team and the highlight being looking forward to the draft every year :wow:

:whoa: Middle-of-the-pack defenses are usually a high-risk for fukkery in clutch moments, though. :merchant: :damn:

Coming from a Saints fan, trust me, I know. :mjcry: :sadbron:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Big, big blow. Dude was mulling retirement this past offseason, I think this is the nail that finally does it in. :salute:to my LT for his services.

Last edited:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
KC finished with a top 10 scoring defense after looking like THE worst defense a majority of the szn. They weren't the same defense down the stretch
I know this

Seattle been doing the same. But if you average out the season they probably averaged out as a average unit