SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
How is it NOT compelling? RBG & Breyer have an increased chance of passing away in the next 4 years and if Trump gets re-elected then the Supreme Court will become 7-2 CONSERVATIVE DOMINATION of the Supreme Court. Trump would nominate HARD RIGHT, STAUNCH conservatives like Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court.

Any progressive legislation passed by either the federal government or state governments would be challenged by conservatives and then blocked by the Supreme Court. Not only that but Roe v. Wade would be overturned (abortions would become illegal) and corporations would gain even more "rights" and environmental regulations would be eroded even further.

Is that the future "progressives" want just to spite the "centrist establishment"? :jbhmm:

I'm not a "progressive", the future I want is the death of the democratic party and for an undemocratic, excessively powerful supreme court to be put back in it's proper place with term limits. Unless step 1 happens there is very little electoral politics can do for me. If people have to reach higher levels of discomfort to actually stand in solidarity with the poor and working class then so be it.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I'm not a "progressive", the future I want is the death of the democratic party and for an undemocratic, excessively powerful supreme court to be put back in it's proper place with term limits. Unless step 1 happens there is very little electoral politics can do for me. If people have to reach higher levels of discomfort to actually stand in solidarity with the poor and working class then so be it.
Oh OK, so you're a Trump supporter then.

Thanks for letting me know. I will act accordingly now to your revelation :ehh:.

Armchair Militant

Stay woke
Daps
Reppin
Miami
was obama running a trump campaign when he said hillary would say anything and do nothing? have you all forgot that campaigns used to be tough?
Bernie’s anti-establishment revolution rhetoric turns voters away from him. Yet I’m seeing left wing media push the idea that Bernie was too nice and that he should’ve went scorched earth on the party. We already know Trump is going to be nasty. It works for him. I just don’t think it’s reasonable to expect Bernie to go at his friend the same way.

Bernie already tried to hit Biden on social security, NAFTA, and the war in Iraq. It didn’t work. What more did y’all want from him?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
you said a bunch of words with no clarity

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Bernie’s anti-establishment revolution rhetoric turns voters away from him. Yet I’m seeing left wing media push the idea that Bernie was too nice and that he should’ve went scorched earth on the party. We already know Trump is going to be nasty. It works for him. I just don’t think it’s reasonable to expect Bernie to go at his friend the same way.

Bernie already tried to hit Biden on social security, NAFTA, and the war in Iraq. It didn’t work. What more did y’all want from him?
i dont think going scorched earth is needed, especially not against the party. if anything, bernie should have been trying to take over the party and establishing his ideals as the guiding principles for it.

he could have attacked biden's only strength, the electability argument, and he could do that in a way that is not "scorched earth". all he needed to do was poke holes in the argument. instead, he kept saying anybody on the stage could beat trump. bernie let all the whining and tone policing ruin him. obama and hillary have been far harsher toward opponents with no whining. bernie on the otherhand is being blamed for the internet behavior of people who dont even work for him. i look forward to the think pieces doing a postmortem on this campaign and how bernie's strategy was fatally flawed in a few ways, this being one of them

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
i dont think going scorched earth is needed, especially not against the party. if anything, bernie should have been trying to take over the party and establishing his ideals as the guiding principles for it.

he could have attacked biden's only strength, the electability argument, and he could do that in a way that is not "scorched earth". all he needed to do was poke holes in the argument. instead, he kept saying anybody on the stage could beat trump. bernie let all the whining and tone policing ruin him. obama and hillary have been far harsher toward opponents with no whining. bernie on the otherhand is being blamed for the internet behavior of people who dont even work for him. i look forward to the think pieces doing a postmortem on this campaign and how bernie's strategy was fatally flawed in a few ways, this being one of them
He wasn't trying to build a coalition and reach an achievable goal.

It was always a doomed strategy considering his key legislative proposals would require a broad coalition.

People keep citing the tea party, but their goals were never implement policy, but to keep policy from taking place.

You can't be a progressive with no achievable legislative goals.

Electability is a broad term, but Joe's proposals also have feasibility during a time where a lot of liberals are seeing the country devolve under republican rule.