the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It can't be understated how bad of a campaign Warren ran, and how poor of a presidential candidate she is. Leave her in the senate, where she can craft biils and nerd out all she wants. On the political stage she doesn't come off well. People don't care about plans or policy right now. They want help. The question is whether the guy in charge can give it, or whatever the next guy can. There is nothing intellectually impressive about Biden, nor has there ever been. But if voters trust he can fix this with a competent tone and TEAM...he wins.

Warren fires up parts of the base...ie the non black parts. But again, she didn't do shyt in the primaries. Didn't win her state. Nothing. She's certainly a calm, intelligent hand...something that could be needed at this time. But again, I'm just not sure I want her on that stage.
People forget she was in the lead for over 2 months.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There is something to be said about how Bernie couldn't defeat this guy, and take his campaign strategy to task. He and his campaign had faults.

But on the other hand I read the NY times article about how there was a deliberate pivot from a faction of blue voters to prevent Bernie from winning after he became the front-runner... And noticed all the jabs from mainstream media, the concerted efforts by other candidates to rally behind a candidate who for all intents and purposes was dead in the water, and is in his current position, despite his efforts, because he was Obama's running mate...

Bernie has lost and I'm really not interested in him staying in the race for much longer... But the indian poster/spammer here aside, does anyone really believe Biden is in his position because of the excellent work his candidate has done from the beginning? :jbhmm:

And does anyone have faith in anti-Trump sentiment being enough to carry the Democratic nominee over the hump, despite us having 2 recent examples in history of that not being enough against some of the worst Republican candidates in history (Dubya/Trump)? I hope so but given recent events (voter suppression, Trump's ratings) I have my doubts.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bernie was too nice to point stuff like this out. Do you think Trump will do the same or make fun of Biden for shyt like this? :usure:
biden crushed bernie and won the election outright, so im not really concerned about the general

if people were willing to vote for biden in the primary to the extent that he crushed and embarrassed bernie so badly, then he'll get the votes in the general. its all name recognition anyway. progressives need to stop acting like bytches and look at the bigger picture

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is something to be said about how Bernie couldn't defeat this guy, and take his campaign strategy to task. He and his campaign had faults.

But on the other hand I read the NY times article about how there was a deliberate pivot from a faction of blue voters to prevent Bernie from winning after he became the front-runner... .
youre right. and all that means is that bernie would have lost in the general. because literally a third of the democratic party (moderates) would have stayed home or voted for trump :yeshrug:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Warren is a bad VP pick all her constituents Biden already has on lock and like @A.R.$ said she is too old. Pick someone like Klobuchar who can bring you Minn., Abrams who can get the base out in force or a Latina from a purple state.
I think she would be the best VP choice because she would be most effective in actually bringing about progressive change, but I see your points regarding electoral pros/cons. One theory is that she might be able to juice turnout amongst progressive/younger voters, but I question whether Warren would placate Bernie or Busters at this point, they hate her more than they hate Biden. But I also think a Biden/x ticket needs to adopt some progressive policies to bring those folks back into the fold, and I think Warren would have the credibility to bring those policies onto the ticket. :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think she would be the best VP choice because she would be most effective in actually bringing about progressive change, but I see your points regarding electoral pros/cons. One theory is that she might be able to juice turnout amongst progressive/younger voters, but I question whether Warren would placate Bernie or Busters at this point, they hate her more than they hate Biden. But I also think a Biden/x ticket needs to adopt some progressive policies to bring those folks back into the fold, and I think Warren would have the credibility to bring those policies onto the ticket. :yeshrug:
im kinda torn on warren. mostly it's because i'd rather see her just be a prominent senator than a VP :yeshrug: i mean she has all these amazing ideas, her and bernie should be making them happen in the senate right?

plus she's from massachusetts. im not sure how the middle of the country actually responds to her

it's pretty clear at this point that WI, MI and PA are the path to victory

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
biden crushed bernie and won the election outright, so im not really concerned about the general

if people were willing to vote for biden in the primary to the extent that he crushed and embarrassed bernie so badly, then he'll get the votes in the general. its all name recognition anyway. progressives need to stop acting like bytches and look at the bigger picture
You won't even answer a simple question yet we are acting like bytches? Do you think Trump will let Biden's gaffes slide, yes or no?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
im kinda torn on warren. mostly it's because i'd rather see her just be a prominent senator than a VP :yeshrug: i mean she has all these amazing ideas, her and bernie should be making them happen in the senate right?

plus she's from massachusetts. im not sure how the middle of the country actually responds to her

it's pretty clear at this point that WI, MI and PA are the path to victory
Some of these amazing ideas are congressional, but some are also executive. I think the only equivalent position of power to VP under a zombie Biden would be Senate Majority/Minority Leader, and that role is already filled. But yeah, I don't think she's the best choice for VP from an electoral perspective.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You won't even answer a simple question yet we are acting like bytches? Do you think Trump will let Biden's gaffes slide, yes or no?
the democratic voters let his gaffes slide :yeshrug: not sure why i should be concerned when biden is beating bernie 60-20 in florida despite those gaffes

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah, that's the thing. Bernie supporters who want Trump out have already resigned themselves to voting for Biden. Those salty he didn't get the nom do not like Warren so picking her is of no value electoral wise to bring in Progressive voters. I agree once he is elected she could do a lot to help his presidency but as far as getting home elected I think she is a net negative. Not only do a section of Progressives not like her but neither do some Biden folks ask Atrofella.