intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
It's an interesting concept. If they want to level the playing field I suppose they could play the same ideological game as Republicans.

If Dems started allowing people to die until Republicans began to act in good faith would it change anything?

:manny:

If the Dems started allowing people to die the GOP would masterbate to it because that's exactly what they want to happen and the Dems would be electorally punished for it.

The media and the gen pop don't hold these parties to the same standard.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, it's weird that Senate Dems, the people in minority who can only filibuster or not vote, have to compromise because the other side, the one with actual power, is a corporate death cult that routinely tries to gut the country's social safety.

It's almost like Senate Dems aren't in power and we're in a national emergency.

Yada yada yada the same shyt every time.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If the Dems started allowing people to die the GOP would masterbate to it because that's exactly what they want to happen and the Dems would be electorally punished for it.

The media and the gen pop don't hold these parties to the same standard.

I think that's true in local and state politics, but I'm just not sure if that transfers to federal politics.

Dems have been saving the republicans for most of my life, but don't see the results in the ballot box. Hell, a lot of people still criticize the dems for not doing enough.

Maybe people need to see what an unchecked republican agenda looks like to wake up.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think that's true in local and state politics, but I'm just not sure if that transfers to federal politics.

Dems have been saving the republicans for most of my life, but don't see the results in the ballot box. Hell, a lot of people still criticize the dems for not doing enough.

Maybe people need to see what an unchecked republican agenda looks like to wake up.
:whoa:

We gotta stop with this Susan Sarandon levela of thought. There's no evidence to suggest this would cause voters to change drastically.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I think millennials and generation z aren’t the same people. Some of the people who voted for Bernie in 2016 are in their 30s now. Generation Z is on their damn phones and doesn’t take anything serious. That Trump shyt hasn’t affected a lot of them because they aren’t on the job market yet. Millennials are different. We have been in some sort of war since we were kids and were in college for a recession. We were mad as shyt in 2016. In 2020, there seems to be a fukk it kind of vibe.
This. Millenials and Gen Z are being confused so much and it's really frustrating me.

A lot of millennial (maybe even most) are either in their 30's or very close. We're the ones that were fought in Afghanistan and Iraq 2.0.

I think the lack of post Generation X turnout (I'll just round up and say 40 and under) is due to frustration and feeling jaded among millennials, and then Gen Z just not caring or too busy wanting to be young and they don't care as much about politics yet.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That same person accusing Biden was making pro-Biden statements years ago on a previous twitter. :francis:

I haven't looked much into the details, but for what it's worth, people are complex creatures. It's possible to make public (or anti) statements about someone in public while actually holding opposite beliefs about them.
:yeshrug:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Fam, you aren’t even a “democrat.” No Democrat would’ve considered Trump over Hillary. I think what you’re really witnessing is what any student of political science knows - the average American voter is an idiot. This is why Trump is president. I can’t think of one time in history where the average voter was being rational instead of emotional. That’s not how politics works. Why do you think Clyburn told Biden to stop talking about policy?

And then to adopt as much of Bernie's platform as possible.
even if that person raped you? :huhldup:

Yes.

Some rape/abuse victims form or have already formed attachments to their abusers (especially people who they look up to) that aren't always easily severed.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Yada yada yada the same shyt every time.
If you keep getting the same responses because you keep making the same ignorant statements, then perhaps you should educate yourself on how power dynamics work in the Senate so you can finally understand who currently wields power?

Or you could keep doing the same song and dance then whine when people check you.

People saw what it looked like under Reagan and they voted for his VP when those two terms were up. If the economy didn't faulter when it did I think HW gets another term. On other hand, people saw what it looked like from 2016-18 then a blue wave happened. I suppose more credence can be given to the 2018 wave election since we live in that era, so perhaps you're right?

For your second point could you elaborate? I want to make sure I'm 100% clear on what you mean by Dems have been saving the GOP but you doubt seer the results in the ballot box.

I actually think state and municipal levels have been more responsive; however, demographics and gerrymandering have placed limiters on how much that bears out electorally.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you keep getting the same responses because you keep making the same ignorant statements, then perhaps you should educate yourself on how power dynamics work in the Senate so you can finally understand who currently wields power?

Or you could keep doing the same song and dance then whine when people check you.

:mjlol: at you checking anyone.

You've said nothing new and act like your dropping knowledge. I literally stated your exact premise 2-3 days ago. It's still bullshyt. Whether it comes from you now or me a couple days ago it's all bullshyt.