F K

All Star
Daps
It seems like you have a much worse opinion of the federal government than I do.i think an Australian style public option would allay your concerns. There is a mostly free, tax funded public option, but also private healthcare that is subsidized. Also everyone in the top 10% (I believe) of earners is forced to buy private insurance. That way if someone like you doesn't feel like the govt is doing a good job you can still take your business to a private business. Best of both worlds

edit: I suggest everyone read this series of articles Everybody Covered

especially the australian one:Two sisters. Two different journeys through Australia’s health care system..
Bernie's medicare for all plan is just one way of providing universal coverage. There are many different styles that work throughout the developed world, and almost all of them are much better than ours.

Last edited:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Postal Service Still Americans' Favorite Federal Agency

3/4 Americans say it is doing excellent or good job. My letters always get there or come on time. I remember I mailed a bunch of postcards back to my friends in middle school from china. I made so many mistakes but the post cards all made it to the right people.

What complaints do you have about USPS? and what's wrong with social security?

I ship hundreds of packages every month and USPS messes up a lot, that being said so does FedEx and UPS and DHL. They have all managed to cost me money

@the cac mamba talking about gov't healthcare would be inefficient and not on budget, but ignoring that our current situation is already inefficient and that we spend too much money on it.

public does not mean efficient, neither does private

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What complaints do you have about USPS? and what's wrong with social security?
that if they were private businesses, they would be bankrupt :dahell:

did you really just ask what's wrong with social security? :laff: do i REALLY have to post articles on that? oh my god :laff:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a gary johnson voter parroting RW talking points and mocking people in the process

Ignorance is bliss
ive acknowledged that it was ignorant to vote for gary johnson, and am actively trying to tell people not to make the mistake i did and won't be repeating

the fukk else can i say? :dahell: plus, i live in a fukkin blue state. my vote didnt matter

F K

All Star
Daps
that if they were private businesses, they would be bankrupt :dahell:

did you really just ask what's wrong with social security? :laff: do i REALLY have to post articles on that? oh my god :laff:
edit: I'm clearly not going to change your mind on the efficacy of government. Luckily the democratic frontrunner has a plan that works for libertarians like yourself and social democrats like me. Public option and private industry and co-exist. I don't think profit margin has any place in health care but if you really want to stick to the status quo, that will be an option for you.

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
edit: I'm clearly not going to change your mind on the efficacy of government. Luckily the democratic frontrunner has a plan that works for libertarians like yourself and social democrats like me. Public option and private industry and co-exist. I don't think profit margin has any place in health care but if you really want to stick to the status quo, that will be an option for you.
in a perfect world, i dont either :yeshrug:

let me know when bernie sanders supporters get together and start putting CEOs in guillotines. but until then, the reality is that bernie sanders' campaign was no match for the status quo. it wasnt even fukkin close

F K

All Star
Daps
in a perfect world, i dont either :yeshrug:

let me know when bernie sanders supporters get together and start putting CEOs in guillotines. but until then, the reality is that bernie sanders' campaign was no match for the status quo. it wasnt even fukkin close
but we don't need to put ceos in guillotines to get universal healthcare :dwillhuh:

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
ive acknowledged that it was ignorant to vote for gary johnson, and am actively trying to tell people not to make the mistake i did and won't be repeating

the fukk else can i say? :dahell: plus, i live in a fukkin blue state. my vote didnt matter
You're open to taking in new info and that's certainly a good thing, I'll tone it down

This has been studied government does no worse than large corporations in efficiency, large organizations are inefficient in general

Also Republicans underfund and understaff government agencies so they can point and say look it doesn't work, let's get rid of it