MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

This argument is so tired. The voters also picked Clinton and Obama. 2 times each.

And those "electable" candidates ie Gore 2000 and Hilary 2016, were extremely close to winning. Gore should've won. We all know this.

Trying to equate political calculus post-2016 to anything pre-2016 is pointless. We're in a new era.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Super tuesday voters spoken it's over, I'm focused on getting trump out of office and replacing ruth bader. Having biden getting slander ADS now does us no good against trump
Ask a policy question respond with electability?
So now policy doesn't matter. Maybe you never really cared and wanted a woman president or something. lol

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Oh so when Bernie was in the lead delegate wise he wasn't the presumptive nominee? I wonder why? :ohhh:
It’s not just about delegate count. It’s about the polling, field consolidation, and the amount of increased turnout that’s actually voting Joe.

No, I didn’t count anyone as the presumptive nominee after 4 contests, but with 16 down and things looking bad for Bernie this Tuesday, yes, I’m assuming Biden will be running this fall

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Ask a policy question respond with electability?
So now policy doesn't matter. Maybe you never really cared and wanted a woman president or something. lol
:gucci: did i not just tell you I'm following where the voters have went.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It’s not just about delegate count. It’s about the polling, field consolidation, and the amount of increased turnout that’s actually voting Joe.

No, I didn’t count anyone as the presumptive nominee after 4 contests, but with 16 down and things looking bad for Bernie this Tuesday, yes, I’m assuming Biden will be running this fall
I don't know prior to Super Tuesday did Bernie have the higher polling and was turnout up? Yes.
Is 16 even a majority of the states? No.
But at this point before even your preferred candidate endorses you are fully behind Joe? That's weird to me.
Glad you didn't mention policy. Because that would look funny since you know your preferred candidate was more similar to Bernie than Biden.
But you are not the only one, seems a lot of Warren supporters threw policy out the window as soon as she lost. Maybe her being your favored candidate was never about policy in the first place?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't know prior to Super Tuesday did Bernie have the higher polling and was turnout up? Yes.
Is 16 even a majority of the states? No.
But at this point before even your preferred candidate endorses you are fully behind Joe? That's weird to me.
Glad you didn't mention policy. Because that would look funny since you know your preferred candidate was more similar to Bernie than Biden.
But you are not the only one, seems a lot of Warren supporters threw policy out the window as soon as she lost. Maybe her being your favored candidate was never about policy in the first place?
My bad, we’re at 19 (really 20) contests with 6 coming up, getting to the half way point and looking like he’s gonna come out of it losing says assume Biden

and what does policy or Warren have to do with assuming it’s Biden? You’re conflating a lot of stuff to try to make a point.

And I already wished your boy good luck, that’s all I can do, I voted for Liz on Super Tuesday - I’m just a spectator now :manny:

F K

All Star
Daps
i mean do any of those countries have 1 million people a year show up with nothing and expect to be let in

for example, the UK has a salary/bank account minimum for them to let you in. and so does canada. the same people pushing medicare for all in america would call that "racist" :dead:

im not against the system if we can make it work, i just dont really believe we can. how come not even one state can pull this off?

states can't do it because they don't have the negotiating power to take on insurance companies and pharmaceuticals like the federal government can. Economies of scale are a thing. Every state would fail at having an army too, but we do it fine on a federal level.

Immigrants aren't a big deal because they come here to work.

Even undocumented pay taxes on each check, pay taxes when they pay rent, and pay taxes when they buy things at the store. Removing over head and stupid duplicative processes saves money. 1 million doctor's visits is probably still cheaper than all the advertising we have to pay for private insurance and all the employee salary time that is spent navigating the cluster fukk that is the private insurance system.

And honestly if you are really that concerned we should just make it easier for people to have a path to work here for long periods of time without becoming citizens.

I suggest you take time to look into various forms of universal healthcare, because I think most of your fears have to do with single payer, which is when the government owns and operates all of the medical facilities. There are many other ways to ensure that everyone gets healthcare. The australian model is my personal favorite. Countries far poorer than the united states per capita have been able to implement better systems, the biggest obstacle is winning out over the people who currently get rich off of our misfortune.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
states can't do it because they don't have the negotiating power to take on insurance companies and pharmaceuticals like the federal government can. Economies of scale are a thing. Every state would fail at having an army too, but we do it fine on a federal level.

Immigrants aren't a big deal because they come here to work.

Even undocumented pay taxes on each check, pay taxes when they pay rent, and pay taxes when they buy things at the store. Removing over head and stupid duplicative processes saves money. 1 million doctor's visits is probably still cheaper than all the advertising we have to pay for private insurance and all the employee salary time that is spent navigating the cluster fukk that is the private insurance system.

And honestly if you are really that concerned we should just make it easier for people to have a path to work here for long periods of time without becoming citizens.

I suggest you take time to look into various forms of universal healthcare, because I think most of your fears have to do with single payer, which is when the government owns and operates all of the medical facilities. There are many other ways to ensure that everyone gets healthcare. The australian model is my personal favorite. Countries far poorer than the united states per capita have been able to implement better systems, the biggest obstacle is winning out over the people who currently get rich off of our misfortune.
i dont "fear" medicare for all, i just dont trust the government to roll something out for 330 million people

can you name one thing that the government does efficiently and on-budget on that scale?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Why are we acting like Gore didn't win and he was in fact robbed of the Presidency? :mjtf:
Convenient amnesia. Or that Hillary, despite being hated by the majority of white men, still won the popular vote during one of the most extraordinary election scandals in American history.

F K

All Star
Daps
W
i dont "fear" medicare for all, i just dont trust the government to roll something out for 330 million people

can you name one thing that the government does efficiently and on-budget on that scale?
What do you mean by efficient and on budget? The us postal service is great. Social security keeps millions of old people alive every year. OSHA does good work, the CDC does good work. NOAA does good work. Electrical utilies are fantastic. Our state universities pump out good research every year.

Our healthcare expenditures are already the highest and most inefficient in the world, there's no where to go but up.