goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Warren condemns Sanders supporters' attacks after 2020 exit, says "We're responsible for people who claim to be our supporters"

U.S.
WARREN CONDEMNS SANDERS SUPPORTERS' ATTACKS AFTER 2020 EXIT, SAYS 'WE'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE OUR SUPPORTERS'

BY JEFFERY MARTIN ON 3/5/20 AT 10:31 PM EST

Current Time 0:09
/
Duration 0:32
Loaded: 100.00%

Meghan McCain Presses Elizabeth Warren To Acknowledge Qasem Soleimani Is A Terrorist: 'Of Course He Is'
U.S.ELIZABETH WARRENBERNIE SANDERSRACHEL MADDOWDEMOCRATIC PARTY
In her first interview since dropping out of the Democratic presidential race, Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Thursday that candidates "are responsible for people who claim to be our supporters" online that participate in online bullying.

Warren's comments came during a discussion about Senator Bernie Sanders' difficulties with a culinary union in Nevada. When the labor group Unite Here printed up flyers against Sanders' Medicare for All plan in February, alleged supporters of the Vermont senator posted threats and personal information of the group's leadership online.

Union officials reported a number of threats via email, telephone and social media after the literature, which claimed Sanders' health plan would "end Culinary healthcare," was made public.

Current Time 0:23
/
Duration 0:32
Loaded: 100.00%

Meghan McCain Presses Elizabeth Warren To Acknowledge Qasem Soleimani Is A Terrorist: 'Of Course He Is'
U.S.ELIZABETH WARRENBERNIE SANDERSRACHEL MADDOWDEMOCRATIC PARTY
In her first interview since dropping out of the Democratic presidential race, Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Thursday that candidates "are responsible for people who claim to be our supporters" online that participate in online bullying.

Warren's comments came during a discussion about Senator Bernie Sanders' difficulties with a culinary union in Nevada. When the labor group Unite Here printed up flyers against Sanders' Medicare for All plan in February, alleged supporters of the Vermont senator posted threats and personal information of the group's leadership online.

Union officials reported a number of threats via email, telephone and social media after the literature, which claimed Sanders' health plan would "end Culinary healthcare," was made public.

Secretary-Treasurer of the Nevada Culinary Workers Union (NCWU) Geoconda Arguello-Kline said in a February statement that "Senator Sanders' supporters have viciously attacked the Culinary Union and working families in Nevada simply because our union has provided facts on what certain healthcare proposals might do to take away the system of care we have built over 8 decades."

Ads by scrollerads.com

In response, Sanders condemned the behavior. "Anybody making personal attacks against anybody else in my name is not part of our movement," Sanders told PBS NewsHour in February. "We don't want them. And I'm not so sure, to be honest with you, that they are necessarily part of our movement."

elizabeth-warren.jpg

Senator Elizabeth Warren said Thursday that candidates are "responsible" for their supporters who engage in online bullying.AMANDA SABGA/AFP/GETTY
While Warren agreed with Sanders, she also implied some of the responsibility for such behavior lay with the candidates themselves.

"I think there's a real problem with online bullying and this sort of organized nastiness," Warren said. "I'm talking about some really ugly stuff that went on. We are responsible for the people who claim to be our supporters and do really threatening, ugly, dangerous things to other candidates."

"I
shouldn't speak for him," Warren said. "It's something he should speak for himself on."

When asked by Maddow whether she would accept a vice president role, Warren declined to offer a definitive answer

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
welp, depends on how the states of MI, PA, OH, and WI feel...that point doesn't really matter outside of them, (IL and NY [upstate] will be blue no matter what]...does that electorate get riled up over Joe's vote 26 years ago or are they more concerned about the state of their states under Trump :ld:

Iraq war and NAFTA 17 and 26 years ago?:gucci:
How old the votes were is irrelevant. Hillary was hit on the Crime Bill and NAFTA in 2016. Both bills were over 20 years old at the time. She also got buried on her Iraq War Vote. Biden have the same record on all of these issues. Not sure why people would think this election would go differently when Trump is much harder to beat now than he was in 2016.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How old the votes were is irrelevant. Hillary was hit on the Crime Bill and NAFTA in 2016. Both bills were over 20 years old at the time. She also got buried on her Iraq War Vote. Biden have the same record on all of these issues. Not sure why people would think this election would go differently when Trump is much harder to beat now than he was in 2016.
again, those voters get to decide on whether biden's vote or trump's rule is/was worse to them...so yes, there is a benefit of distance from the agreement. there are voters who weren't even born when NAFTA popped off, and plenty who were kids - their life has always been post NAFTA. trump was in a stronger position on that in 2016 when he had no record or actions in office to compare it to

lastly, yall keep screaming trump is stronger in 2020 - where? how? what base has he grown? which swing states have grown redder since 2016 aside from maybe WI? this man barely won, now he's much harder to beat? :huh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

that's part of the sexism piece, she's already smarter than everyone in the race which intimidates people, can't be too authoritative or aggressive on top of that - men don't like that and the women who don't see that as a woman's role reject it.

hillary got a lot of that throughout the course of her life, it's why i can't hate her. every time she popped her head up with an opinion, people told her to fall back. when she showed that she actually wanted and believed she could be in power, people started to hate her.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
These cacs are so fukking stupid

Biden needs to distance himself from Beto’s goofy ass. That take your guns shyt is something all these hateful fukks will easily be able to rile their base up with. Biden just had to say he’s gonna put him in charge of gun control smh

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
again, those voters get to decide on whether biden's vote or trump's rule is/was worse to them...so yes, there is a benefit of distance from the agreement. there are voters who weren't even born when NAFTA popped off, and plenty who were kids - their life has always been post NAFTA. trump was in a stronger position on that in 2016 when he had no record or actions in office to compare it to

lastly, yall keep screaming trump is stronger in 2020 - where? how?
There were voters in 2016 that weren’t born when the crime bill and NAFTA were signed. Those votes still hurt Hilary.

Trump is much stronger now than he was in 2016 for a few reasons
1. He is a incumbent. Incumbent politicians are usually harder to beat. This is because of the money advantage. Trump have more money than either Bernie or Biden. This not even including the billions of dollars of free media he gets.

2. There are almost no never Trumpers left. Trump have over a 90 percent approval rating among republicans. It wasn’t like that in 2016. Trump have consolidated all of the republican base.

3. The media have wrongly given him credit for a good economy. It is complete bullshyt but that is the perception.

4. Biden is a perfect candidate for Trump to beat. IMO Biden is a weaker Hillary Clinton. He have all the same weaknesses(except he won’t have to deal with the sexism). But at least Hillary was a good debater and could talk in full sentences.

Don’t get me wrong. If Biden s the nominee I will hold my nose and vote for him. It is also a chance will will hit a economic downturn and that would completely change the race. But in general Biden is a extremely weak and flawed candidate.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Seems like no one knows how to brand a populist fight.

I would say Obama came close, but I know folks will be there to tell me Obama wasnt populist.

His 2012 campaign stoked populist tones. Especially with how they defined Romney that summer.

Obama was heavily in the Midwestern states and slamming vulture capital.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
His 2012 campaign stoked populist tones. Especially with how they defined Romney that summer.

Obama was heavily in the Midwestern states and slamming vulture capital.
People always talk about 08, but 2012 was one of the best campaigns I ever seen. Obama had almost everything going against him but he was able to make the race about Romney, and not the slow economic recovery. It was really a brilliant campaign.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Seems like no one knows how to brand a populist fight.

I would say Obama came close, but I know folks will be there to tell me Obama wasnt populist.

Obama was a populist, Unlike Bernie he was part of the party and still had a HUGE uphill battle to get the nomination...it was not his turn :lolbron:. I don’t know if anyone remember but his rallies had cities shutdown...so the Democratic Party calculated correctly when they nominated...if they didn’t I think it would have caused a civil war.