Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only read the paragraph before and the highlighted my bad if that's what was saying
Its ok bro, im sure plenty of people got duped by that manuver, even back then.

The fact that bernie Sanders can spot and resist the machinations of systems of inequality is exactly why he should be president! That is economic justice :salute: glad to have you aboard. #NotMeUs:hug:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Funny you say this JUST listened to their latest video on MSNBC.... Krystal basically is arguing that trump is the boogie man and is the perfect narrative to get the elite back in the white house :deadrose:
these are the same people who want to reach out to fox news viewers and jumped over the moon with the joe rogan endorsement

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Its ok bro, im sure plenty of people got duped by that manuver, even back then.

The fact that bernie Sanders can spot and resist the machinations of systems of inequality is exactly why he should be president! That is economic justice :salute: glad to have you aboard. #NotMeUs:hug:
:ufdup: i still believe bernie has purposely dodged addressing black people but i was wrong cosigning naps post

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
real question - what keeps us from just having one day of primary voting (with ranked choice other than being scared to change)? the rolling primaries have always been flawed to me, just from the fact you get forced into certain choices the later your state votes. but this chicken and egg thing that happened this year - black voters voting for who they think white people will vote for, therefore signaling to white people to vote for the candidate black voters "support"...like wtf? just a very stupid way to find a candidate

would it just be too much chaos to have one day where clearly no delegate majority could be amassed in a field of 4-8 candidates?

@No1 @FAH1223 @Pressure @King Kreole @dtownreppin214

sorry if i didn't tag others who have deep knowledge of how elections work/why they're laid out this way

I don't have the deep knowledge but i always assumed that the primary schedule was spread out because it allowed for lesser known candidates to build a following. Most people aren't following the primary until votes begin to be cast.

Take 2008 as prime example, Obama only started rolling when he showed he could compete with Hilary with white folks (Iowa). If you made all primaries on one day, that likely doesn't happen. Same with Bernie. Primary would have been done before it began if he went up against Clinton all at once.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I think the better argument is people should protest in masses and get them to change.

Sounds good for in theory, but the drawn out primary process actually means a significant portion of the countries votes don't won't matter.

Besides, the presidential election is held on the same day and candidates make time to hit all the states.

I think the disconnect is people think of these elections as a national election when really they are party elections. If you put the election on one day and everyone is in it then the party runs a higher risk of a large field allowing a fringe candidate to win. Like let's say you have 4 moderates, 4 progressives, and one anarchist running. The party doesn't want the moderates and progressives eating into each other's votes while the anarchist racks up the crazies by himself. Above all else the party wants someone from the party to win. You stretch it out and that anarchist is eventually going to fade away. It's supposed to prevent a Trump situation but Trump is rich and hijacked the party so it didn't keep him out.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Seen this video mentioned in the latest Chapo episode.

Man wtf happened to Biden :mindblown:

This was only four years ago. He has deteriorated rapidly.

i'll admit that my initial biden support was based on fond memories of 2012 debate biden

he's definitely lost a step, if not several :dead:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I think the disconnect is people think of these elections as a national election when really they are party elections. If you put the election on one day and everyone is in it then the party runs a higher risk of a large field allowing a fringe candidate to win. Like let's say you have 4 moderates, 4 progressives, and one anarchist running. The party doesn't want the moderates and progressives eating into each other's votes while the anarchist racks up the crazies by himself. Above all else the party wants someone from the party to win. You stretch it out and that anarchist is eventually going to fade away. It's supposed to prevent a Trump situation but Trump is rich and hijacked the party so it didn't keep him out.
Or we could just have a runoff if neither candidate is viable. :blessed: