duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Julian Castro might be a decent VP pick for Biden - he's young and firey, latino, and while not fully part of the progressive movement thanks to various purity tests, he is to the left of Biden, had some good talking points that should resonate with young black voters, and has the mouth piece to cover for Biden, shred Pence and go toe to toe with Haley. I'm fine without a woman on the ticket, but I might be the minority, but I don't know what young woman checks all the boxes he checks where Biden is weak.
Castro called him out on his cognitive decline on national tv during a debate. I don’t care if I’m losing it, I wouldn’t fukk with someone like that ever again. I don’t think Joe Biden is as petty as me tho. Do y’all really think Harris is the right call? I thought she was pretty disliked

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - Florida Democratic Presidential Primary

If you look at the Florida polls, it's obvious to me he was never going to win that state. Even before the Cuba comments and Bloomberg entering the race, he was always polling around 15%. Biden's lead has increased b/c the field has shrunk.

Breh, there is a lot of evidence now showing how low Bernie's ceiling was this whole time. He benefited the most from the large field.
Basically the dems pushed bernie into the deep end of the pool and it turns out he was bragging about being in lawn kiddie pool the whole time

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

vanityfair.com
Hillary Clinton: “Incredible” Elizabeth Warren Lost Because She’s a Woman
Benjamin Lindsay

Around the 100-minute mark of Hillary, Hulu’s upcoming long-form documentary, filmmaker Nanette Burstein asks subject Hillary Rodham Clinton about a charged topic: her “likability factor.”

The former secretary of state, assured and passionate, answers the question head-on: “My bluntness, my outspokenness, my pushback—all of that creates cognitive dissonance in people.” Even as first lady of the United States, she acknowledges, Clinton defied the expectations set for women in politics: “I violated them from the beginning.” Nevertheless those expectations persist—and continue to dog women seeking office, who are more likely to be criticized for being unlikable than their male counterparts. “They bring it up with a lot of women,” Clinton notes.

Which brings us to the 2020 Democratic presidential primary. Once, a record six female candidates were running to be nominated for the nation’s highest office; now it has narrowed to a two-person race between former vice president Joe Biden and Senator Bernie Sanders. Senator Elizabeth Warren stood as the last woman on the ballot until Thursday, when she formally ended her campaign after an underwhelming Super Tuesday turnout.

Join Vanity Fair & get a free tote.

Get unlimited access to Vanity Fair plus, a free tote.

Join Now
Speaking with Vanity Fair at the New York premiere of Hillary on Wednesday night, Clinton reflected on Warren’s campaign, admitting that “she has been an incredible candidate”—who, like fellow candidates Amy Klobuchar and Kamala Harris, was subjected to the realities of misogyny in politics. That difficulty is something Clinton knows a thing or two about.

“I think we made some progress, but there still was a lot of the unconscious bias and the gendered language that has been used around the women candidates,” Clinton said. “I think it affected all of the women that ran.”

Clinton also acknowledged that Warren’s campaign is now at a crossroads. “She has really set the bar for putting out policies that would make a big difference in lives of Americans,” the former New York senator said. “Now she’s obviously taking the time to think about what’s ahead for her. She’s been an incredible and effective competitor.”

Along with Clinton, the Oscar-nominated Burstein—who’s been working on Hillary since 2018—has a unique perspective on what it takes for a woman to rise to power in politics. Though she admitted to being a Biden supporter, it was still “really disheartening” for her to see Warren falter, Burstein said: “I really like her as a candidate. She has the same ideas, and actually better plans, than Bernie Sanders. And yet she’s gotten no traction.”

The filmmaker also echoed Clinton, speculating that Warren’s losses could be blamed partially on the challenges facing women in power.

“We’re just not comfortable, and so we judge them with a different perspective,” Burstein said. “And I wouldn’t have said that, except I’ve seen that play out in the current election cycle and the same criticisms come up: the way they talk, the way they present themselves. Elizabeth Warren is schoolmarmish, or a woman could never win, so we shouldn’t vote for her. There’s so much more to overcome. ‘Am I a good presidential candidate?’ is kind of the last thing.” The problem, she agreed, is that these prejudices tend to be unconscious: “I don’t think people think about it overtly, and that’s the problem. That’s what makes it hard.”

Hillary, in part, combats this idea. In addition to being a biographical account of one of the world’s most famous figures, it’s also a means of illuminating the biases that hamper female politicians, highlighting how Clinton has stared them down through her decades in the spotlight (to mixed effect)—and positing what needs to be done to achieve real ideological progress.

“I think the more that we can be vocal and point it out to ourselves, to men, to everyone, I do think it ultimately, cumulatively makes a difference,” Burstein said.

Clinton, before wrapping her brief set of interviews and entering the DGA Theater to screen Hillary’s first two installments, agreed, saying that the real sign of change will come when a woman does what she and “a lot of women” have helped lay the groundwork for.

“It’s going to take somebody getting out there and actually breaking that highest, hardest glass ceiling and becoming our first woman president.”

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Trump should not have gotten personal w/ him. :wow:

Bloomberg at his core is a data scientist. I've heard he's implemented machine learning and other forms of computational decision-making in his operation. Dems having this big data operation at their disposal is not getting enough play. Biden won't step foot outside w/out running the models to see which foot to lead with.