blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Might as well change names to Republican Lite™ party
Dont joke about it. We're dangerously close to realignment where one clear-eyed Republican takes the economic populism that trump ran on and actually implements it, and keeps the racism. Which would make Democrats the big-business, anti racist party and our cue to stop following national politics and focus on community because it's a wrap for a generation

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Dont joke about it. We're dangerously close to realignment where one clear-eyed Republican takes the economic populism that trump ran on and actually implements it, and keeps the racism. Which would make Democrats the big-business, anti racist party and our cue to stop following national politics and focus on community because it's a wrap for a generation
Isn't economic populism what you want?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I can't find the post(too many threads) but @No1 or @FAH1223 were saying that Bernie should've had more outreach to the black community and especially with entrenched leaders like Sharpton and Jackson. I agree with that but I would also like to point out that Briahna Joy Gray has been working for Sanders since the beginning.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Bernie should have really did better with reaching out to the black community. And no a fukking rally isn't reaching out its his biggest flaw

@Skyfall and @dtownreppin214 have talked about it. He's made an effort. Black leaders in SC say Bernie did a better job this time around. They know him, they like him. The issue is Bernie operating outside of the Dem party (even though he's caucused with Ds in Congress) has had him outside of the party networks and structures and relationships you need. He did get SC reps to endorse him and surrogate for him.

But in VA he didn't have more officials on his corner.

I think the best way he would have been able to get more black support was to tout his own work within the existing political establishment and name drop prominent reps that he's worked with over the years. But even that is no guarantee when you are running against the first black POTUS' VP...

Biden to his credit has established relationships even though he has been running the laziest campaign we've ever seen.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

that's what people on the left want...

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
When Florida pulls up :damn:

Bernie got over 30% in FL in 2016 in a 1v1 against Hillary.

I think we need to wait to see how big the lead is for Joe in a 1v1. I can't imagine Bernie not getting some delegates out of Florida. Being under 15% effectively ends him.

He needs to get himself back to 30% there and in Georgia.

Tall, tall order. Especially since besides Puerto Rico, there doesn't seem to be any places he could potentially sweep more delegates..

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State