AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
She was getting heaps of shyt when her position was literally just "I'm with Bernie", so I'm not sure how that tracks. Back then the goalposts were that she refused to say she would raise taxes and was somehow sabotaging the movement by doing so. Then she doubles down on full M4A, and does it without raising taxes on the working class, and the goalposts shifted to a head tax being disastrous and she's sabotaging the movement. Now she releases a transition plan that gets to M4A in 3 years and the goalposts shifted to a 2-step transition is disastrous because it's inevitable that Republicans will win the 2022 midterms and full M4A can somehow be passed in the current political climate within 2 years. :coffee:
Again, changing over and over again is flip flopping. When has that ever been looked at as good? If she had a position and stuck to it despite criticism she would be in a better spot right now. But it seems Liz cannot live with criticism, she keeps changing to please everybody and you see it winds up not pleasing anyone.
She is messing up; ideally you stake out a position and stick to it despite any critiques, second to that you change once and stick to that despite criticism. But to continually change not only makes you wrong on the issue @ hand but can be pointed @ as an overall character issue.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Again, changing over and over again is flip flopping. When has that ever been looked at as good? If she had a position and stuck to it despite criticism she would be in a better spot right now. But it seems Liz cannot live with criticism, she keeps changing to please everybody and you see it winds up not pleasing anyone.
She is messing up; ideally you stake out a position and stick to it despite any critiques, second to that you change once and stick to that despite criticism. But to continually change not only makes you wrong on the issue @ hand but can be pointed @ as an overall character issue.
Expanding your plan and fleshing it out is flip-flopping? :dahell:

Her health care position has always been M4A. No candidate had a funding plan, she was the first one to provide one. She consistently said she wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class to pay for it, and that's exactly what her plan does. She said upfront she would be coming out with a transition plan and did. She never said she would introduce Bernie's M4A bill in the first week of her presidency, she said she would get to full, single-payer, universal healthcare in 4 years, and that's what her transition plan does. Again, Liz's mistake is in trying to court voters who will see this as flip-flopping instead of filling in crucial missing gaps and contending with reality instead of fantasy. The fantasy voters are with Bernie (not saying that all Bernie voters are fantastical), they're not going to anyone else. Her campaign mistake was not forging her own M4A path and attaching herself to him.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
No one is saying that tho. I still like Elizabeth Warren but I can also acknowledge when she is messing up in her campaign. How about you? :francis:
The same scrutiny applied to her should also be applied to sanders record and actions. Unless you think he does nothing wrong.
The "mistake" she made was daring to stand in the way of Bernie. That was the real unforgivable act. But because people want to commit to the veneer of impartiality and hold on to the idea that they're not caught up in a cult of personality (much like how Obama's defenders are) they have to constantly shift the goalposts about how whatever new thing Warren does is disastrous.
basically. I’d be able to tolerate it more if they just admitted they were unabashed cultists. At least then we could have a decent conversation with that in hand. When you feign impartiality and exude faux ideological superiority we can’t even talk frfr.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The same scrutiny applied to her should also be applied to sanders record and actions. Unless you think he does nothing wrong.

basically. I’d be able to tolerate it more if they just admitted they were unabashed cultists. At least then we could have a decent conversation with that in hand. When you feign impartiality and exude faux ideological superiority we can’t even talk frfr.
Sure, I have said he needs to stop being so nice to his opponents. That's a criticism of how he is campaigning. I'm not acting like he never makes mistakes.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Expanding your plan and fleshing it out is flip-flopping? :dahell:

Her health care position has always been M4A. No candidate had a funding plan, she was the first one to provide one. She consistently said she wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class to pay for it, and that's exactly what her plan does. She said upfront she would be coming out with a transition plan and did. She never said she would introduce Bernie's M4A bill in the first week of her presidency, she said she would get to full, single-payer, universal healthcare in 4 years, and that's what her transition plan does. Again, Liz's mistake is in trying to court voters who will see this as flip-flopping instead of filling in crucial missing gaps and contending with reality instead of fantasy. The fantasy voters are with Bernie (not saying that all Bernie voters are fantastical), they're not going to anyone else. Her campaign mistake was not forging her own M4A path and attaching herself to him.
'Fleshing it out' means doing something else first and then doing M4A? It also means passing other historically impossible legislation first before paying for M4A?
And yeah, leave 'reality' in the governing part of the job where it belongs. Mentioning it now is dumb and undercuts your ultimate position unless that's not really your position at all. It seems you have a hard time critiquing Liz while claiming others don't criticize Bernie. I guess you're upset you are in the smaller cult? lol

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That tweet is talking about the average democratic voter. Obama's approval rating is like in the 90s with Democrats. Matt even says that, "This is a real political problem and it's not a few donors or people in DC."

"I hate hillary" voters who like Obama, and vice versa, are confusing as fukk because they hate the other candidate but are forced to acknowledge that the policies, staffing assignments, and nominations between the 2 would be the same. Yet despite these similarities actually believe that there is enough of a gap to justify stanning one and hating the other. That is the myth and the internalized lie. That buffer they craft because they "incorporate things other than policy" is the con that elevates Biden for decades, or boosts a Mayor who only received 8000 votes into the Presidential debates.
the bolded doesn't really mean the average voter...and quite honestly, he's not really the person to speak on it as he's likely involved with the highest information voters and or course actual politicians. lobbyists, media and other washington insiders

you're overcomplicating it, a lot of people don't like hilary for optics/personality issues as opposed to obama. there isn't some deeper digging into policies (staffing...which c'mon, this is a political elite thing, the average voter cant pinpoint a policy issue let alone staffs :dahell:) and whatnot. i really don't know what segment of voters yall are speaking for/or, but you talk to regular ass people and it's all a personality thing

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
'Fleshing it out' means doing something else first and then doing M4A? It also means passing other historically impossible legislation first before paying for M4A?
It's not doing something else, it's expanding M4A coverage to millions of people through the only tools available. There is no way to do M4A immediately. Plus, her first steps can be passed through budget reconciliation, while full M4A cannot, which makes her plan far more legislatively possible than M4A passing in the first week of 2021. Public option almost passed during the Obamacare fight, I see no reason to believe the country or Congress has moved dramatically rightward on healthcare since that time.

And yeah, leave 'reality' in the governing part of the job where it belongs. Mentioning it now is dumb and undercuts your ultimate position unless that's not really your position at all.
I am sympathetic to this point of view. I think it's a legitimate thing to discuss or critique Liz for. But the idea that she's abandoned M4A or is some disastrous shill is fukking ridiculous. Nothing in her transition plan warrants the response she's gotten from the Bernie left, and it's blatantly obvious that this is no longer about the actual plans or objective facts. It's getting close to game time, Bernie isn’t dominating, and she's a convenient excuse for that.

It seems you have a hard time critiquing Liz while claiming others don't criticize Bernie. I guess you're upset you are in the smaller cult? lol
lol maybe. I think Liz has made some bad moves. Her Deval Patrick comments were terrible, the worst thing I’ve seen out of her campaign. Her non responsiveness to global events is discouraging. Right now, the gap between her and Bernie is closer than its ever been for me. I’m just sick of the dumbass, bad faith critiques she keeps getting from the Bernie left. It sucks and doesn’t indicate they're serious about creating real, systemic change.