the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not for another woman. Women go harder at each other. I saw a clip from yesterday and McCain’s daughter and the Huntsman daughter from the View were shytting all over Haley with basically the same criticism that many had for Clinton - the power hungry evil/conniving bytch character flaw. My guess is that a lot of those same suburban whites want the first female president to look like them :mjpls:
Warren is their last shot then. If it's not Liz, the first woman president will be a minority. White women have no one to blame but themselves anyway, way too much focus on Hillary since 1992.

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
This thread is so far behind. Warren and Bernie both surged past Pete yesterday in Iowa, and took the lead back while y'all were busy looking at the crosstabs from the other Iowa poll:mjlit:

Left Set closing out strong :lupe:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Biden's not going to be the nominee.

And neither is Warren.

People have to get past this 94 crime bill issue. If you were not around that time, you would never understand how violent the 90s were and how much people were calling for the government to do something.

barese

Pro
Daps

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The crime bill was a terrible idea in retrospect, but at the time it was popular and a large majority of Dems voted for it.

Since there no candidate in the race that was actually in Congress at the time and voted against it, I'm not sure it's a meaningful litmus test at this point. You either have people that voted for it or that say they wouldn't have but weren't around.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
People have to get past this 94 crime bill issue. If you were not around that time, you would never understand how violent the 90s were and how much people were calling for the government to do something.
black people weren't calling for this, we were calling for help and resources and better funded schools, jobs, access to health care and other things we needed to improve our quality of life and thus curb the allure of illegal activity. these law makers took it upon themselves to structure a bill and laws that would hyper-penalize "black crime" as opposed to crimes of others.

how one can defend this then turn around and look at the response to crime/drug use in today's white community - billions being spent to fund treatment and rehab of opioid addiction, addicts being looked at with compassion, sellers completely absolved as the government spends billions suing the drug companies who produced the opioids as opposed to the lowlifes selling them on the black market...fukk up outta here with this "we needed something"...that crime bill was the denouement of reagan era tough on crime/welfare queen rhetoric and policy. devastated the black community and wiped out the socio-economic gains we made in the late 60's-early 80's....set us back decades once again

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
black people weren't calling for this, we were calling for help and resources and better funded schools, jobs, access to health care and other things we needed to improve our quality of life and thus curb the allure of illegal activity. these law makers took it upon themselves to structure a bill and laws that would hyper-penalize "black crime" as opposed to crimes of others.

how one can defend this then turn around and look at the response to crime/drug use in today's white community - billions being spent to fund treatment and rehab of opioid addiction, addicts being looked at with compassion, sellers completely absolved as the government spends billions suing the drug companies who produced the opioids as opposed to the lowlifes selling them on the black market...fukk up outta here with this "we needed something"...that crime bill was the denouement of reagan era tough on crime/welfare queen rhetoric and policy. devastated the black community and wiped out the socio-economic gains we made in the late 60's-early 80's....set us back decades once again

I just want to be clear, I’m not supporting the bill. I’m just giving context to how the bill was passed and the support it had in the black community.

People were calling for more police and tougher sentencing for drug gangs that were tearing the black community apart with violence.

I don’t know how old you are, but Im in my 40s and trust when I tell you those times were legit scary and dangerous. There were a lot of sociopaths and psychopaths victimizing the black community and they needed to be taken off the street. Look up some of the more famous criminals like Preacher, Monster Kody, Wayne Perry, Alpo etc. These were not good guys and it was to the benefit of the black community to have them off the street.

Now, the comparison with opioids is true but only to a certain extent. Opioid epidemic doesn’t have my where close to the violence of the crack epidemic.

My solution would have been to decriminalize drugs and avoid “the war on drugs” completely.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The crime bill was a terrible idea in retrospect, but at the time it was popular and a large majority of Dems voted for it.

Since there no candidate in the race that was actually in Congress at the time and voted against it, I'm not sure it's a meaningful litmus test at this point. You either have people that voted for it or that say they wouldn't have but weren't around.

So essentially your point is that records don't matter? If some shyt is popular back then than we shouldn't blame them is what your trying to say right? Get the fukk out of here.

That shyt is disqualifying period. The devastation that had on the black community cannot be understated. fukk that Bill and anyone who voted for it.