2016 was the worst summer movie season since......

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Absolute dogshyt summer movie season. There's never been one worse than I can remember. I liked Bourne & Captain America, but the rest has been mostly :snoop:

Save us Hell or High Water. :sadcam:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Absolute dogshyt summer movie season. There's never been one worse than I can remember. I liked Bourne & Captain America, but the rest has been mostly :snoop:

Save us Hell or High Water. :sadcam:

I laughed, but I see it's at 100% with a 7.9/10 and a 7.8 on IMDB :leon: Seeing the trailer before Suicide Squad actually made me want to see it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
My two favorite movies of the year (thus far) - Deadpool and Zootopia - came out in February/March. Remember when that was considered a time for shyt movies?
Next year March is STUFFED.

March 3rd - The Wolverine 3
March 10th - Kong: Skull Island
March 17th - Beauty And The Beast
March 24th - Power Rangers
March 31st - Ghost In The Shell

And 2 weeks after that is Fast 8

:dead:

March is the new summer.

this business model is not sustainable.

Last edited:

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
Zootopia, The Nice Guys, 13 Hours and Deadpool are the only films that come to mind this year that I really enjoyed and that's mainly because I had no great expectations going into them.

Civil War to me was just 2 hours and 30 mins of great action but what was the point, they couldn't even kill useless war machine to have some meaning to the film.

A lot of bad scripts.

I am starting to think Rogue One is going to be another disappointment with studio interference.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
So far this the only really good movie I've seen is Zootopia. Its the only movie I'd give higher then a 7 out of 10

Films that are 7 out of 10 so far imo are
Suicide Squad
Deadpool
Finding Dory
Warcraft
Star Trek: Beyond

BvS
Civil War
BFG
ID4 2
Jason Bourne
are all lower.

So this has been a pretty lackluster year

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I agree that Zootopia is the only really really good movie I've seen this year. Like its heads above everything else. Civil war is dope as is deadpool and the nice guys and a few others but Zootopia is on another level that nothing else has touched yet or even come close

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Next year March is STUFFED.

March 3rd - The Wolverine 3
March 10th - Kong: Skull Island
March 17th - Beauty And The Beast
March 24th - Power Rangers
March 31st - Ghost In The Shell

And 2 weeks after that is Fast 8

:dead:

March is the new summer.

this business model is not sustainable.

I didn't realize so many movies were coming out in March of next year. :whew: Yeah, I think if things go well for most of those movies, we'll start seeing studios put more movies not meant to be DOA in the Feb/March slots in years to come.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I didn't realize so many movies were coming out in March of next year. :whew: Yeah, I think if things go well for most of those movies, we'll start seeing studios put more movies not meant to be DOA in the Feb/March slots in years to come.

Really it's starting in January because studios realize you can't just dump everything into three months and expect people to come watch it because you tell them. In a world of VOD, Netflix, Hulu, etc, there's no need to just put your big movies in a tight three month box.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
maybe it's cause i'm not trying to be a part time professional critic, but i disagree...all the movies i've checked out in the theaters this year have at least been entertaining/good to me...none of the movies i saw left me thinking 'that was bad', 'eh..ok', nor left me feeling how i felt after watching transformers 2/3, xmen 3, spiderman 3, etc.....

think this age of social media, where people can easily express themselves to the masses, has changed people's perspectives on things...instead of just enjoying shyt, people wanna be like i said: part time professional critics when it comes to everything and voice their opinions like it's the only one that matters...that's why the grading scale for shyt has changed drastically...people are saying stuff like 'it's not bad...it was eh, ok' when they give shyt a 7 outta 10 lol....for something to be deemed 'good' by people it seems it gotta be earth shattering, damn near the best thing ever nowadays....

I don't get this point of view at all. Are you saying that before social media people didn't analyze or critical reflect on why they liked or didn't like a film? I mean I know a few people like that who can't really articulate why they like or don't like something, or don't like discussing it, but I can't really talk to them about movies because that kinda blatant discomfort with critical thinking baffles me.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
maybe it's cause i'm not trying to be a part time professional critic, but i disagree...all the movies i've checked out in the theaters this year have at least been entertaining/good to me...none of the movies i saw left me thinking 'that was bad', 'eh..ok', nor left me feeling how i felt after watching transformers 2/3, xmen 3, spiderman 3, etc.....

think this age of social media, where people can easily express themselves to the masses, has changed people's perspectives on things...instead of just enjoying shyt, people wanna be like i said: part time professional critics when it comes to everything and voice their opinions like it's the only one that matters...that's why the grading scale for shyt has changed drastically...people are saying stuff like 'it's not bad...it was eh, ok' when they give shyt a 7 outta 10 lol....for something to be deemed 'good' by people it seems it gotta be earth shattering, damn near the best thing ever nowadays....

I'll agree with you that the Internet is binary in that if its not the greatest thing ever then it's bad and a piece of crap. But I disagree that social media has made some new thing of people expressing themselves. Now you just get a chance to read it whether you want to or not. Fans have always discussed movies and analyzed their merits and faults.