2014 article - 10 Lowest Drawing WWE Champions Of All Time

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
Bryan had a grand total of one month on TV as the WWE champion, and he didn't even appear on Raw for half of that. Get the fukk outta here with your third grade troll logic. WWE lost money because they gassed up stockholders and overestimated how many casual fans would be interested in the Network.
Thisnjs aboht wwe champions not being draws right...who dress less then 750 million dollars fkr the company

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Got to laugh at the HBGOAT slander, the entire business was trash and this was the height of the gimmick era

He was carrying the damn company on his back being the ONLY thing worth watching, everyone during that time period was having their best matches with him

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I'll always feel like the think that happened with Punk was post Pipe Bomb, he really was "The One To Watch" in WWE.

Folks deny it, but there's been no bigger draw since Austin than the story of "The Regular Slobby Looking/Acting/Talking Dude vs The Corporate Machine Or Whatever Represents It"

WWE misses this point by always having the Corporation pick on these pretty boy square jawed babyfaces, but I digress...

Anyway, I saw it as Punk leveraging that fame in his contract renegotiations and one of the stipulations was that he was champ for a determined length of time.

Vince or whoever, being tired of his shyt, gave him the belt..... but booked Cena as champ. :mjlol:

Absolutely truth. They had their best chance at creating a new megastar with CM Punk during and after the summer of Punk and completely blew it.

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The list is bullshyt.. Greenfield, headwriter on Smackdown in 2004-2006, said Eddie was mainly responsible for Smackdown's successful ratings during that time.

What was so impressive about the smackdown numbers? They went down every year

The ppv buyrates in 2004 when Eddie and Benoit became champ tanked so bad they had to put the belt on JBL and Orton :russ:

Eddie and Benoit made the world title seem like a midcard title

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
The mid -90s sucked in general though.

Benoit, for all the technical skill he had, had the charisma of a cardboard box, and that's a bit of an insult to the box.

Can't tolerate that Eddie slander.....

Punk was neutered.

Miz is spot on. I almost forget he had a Wrestlemania main event and I watched that shyt live.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
This list is garbage. Putting Bret, HBK, and Undertaker on the list, when all three are probably top 10 all-time performers?

Yeah, I never understood the logic of thinking that people ONLY turn in for the champ.

Especially, when there were 2 heavyweight belts.

People tune in to watch the whole show, the champ is only on screen maybe 20 minutes the entire 3 hr telecast.

And the mid '90s were terrible for everybody.

Just look at what WCW were doing in 1995 and they had Hogan, Flair, Savage,etc. . .

the bottom line is, that the NWO saved the wrestling business in '96 and EVERYBODY, especially Vince benefited from the boom and the chain reaction they caused.

Hell, a guy like Stone Cold Steve Austin would'nt have even been considered a viable character in the mid '90s. The NWO made "bad guys" cool. Black became white because of them.

The only ones I agree with are Miz, JBL, Eddie, and Benoit.

None of those guys are supposed to be anyone's heavyweight champ.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The mid -90s sucked in general though.

Benoit, for all the technical skill he had, had the charisma of a cardboard box, and that's a bit of an insult to the box.

Can't tolerate that Eddie slander.....

Punk was neutered.

Miz is spot on. I almost forget he had a Wrestlemania main event and I watched that shyt live.
:russ:

Messiah

King of Hardcore
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Lol at Punk being on the list. WWE moved to three hours mid-way through his reign and the WWE's roster was depleted compared to what it is now. Rollins/Brock last month did worse in terms of TV ratings than Punk/Del Rio.

Of course he's on the list. He should be #1.. Nobody paid to see him, one of the most boring champions they've ever had in WWE.. Punk would be on most people's list.