MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Dammit didn't see your post

Sucks for dee hart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk breh!

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It's official. If he's healthy, Phillip Sims is the new starting quarterback.

tumblr_m23c5gJFC61qh084yo1_500.gif

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Nick Saban no fan of no-huddle offenses, asks 'Is this what we want football to be?' - CBSSports.com

In a shocking, shocking Wednesday development, dyed-in-the-wool pro-style offense and lockdown-defense devotee Nick Saban revealed that he's no fan of no-huddle attacks like the kind that produced 133 points between West Virginia and Baylor.

"[The no-huddle]'s obviously created a tremendous advantage for the offense when teams are scoring 70 points and we're averaging 49.5 points a game," Saban said on an SEC coaches teleconference, as quoted by the Birmingham News. "With people that do those kinds of things, more and more people are going to do it.

"I just think there's got to be some sense of fairness in terms of asking, 'Is this what we want football to be?' "

But Saban wasn't just arguing against the no-huddle over its lack of "fairness" to the defenses -- he views it as a safety hazard as well.

"At some point in time, we should look at how fast we allow the game to go in terms of player safety," Saban said. "The team gets in the same formation group, you can't substitute defensive players, you go on a 14-, 16-, 18-play drive and they're snapping the ball as fast as you can go and you look out there and all your players are walking around and can't even get lined up.

"That's when guys have a much greater chance of getting hurt when they're not ready to play."

lol @ Saban crying about the No Huddle. Now I really wanna see Oregon or WVU play Alabama.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I dont mind OU runnign the no huddle....nothing wrong with it.

But what I HATE is the look to the sideline thing.

It was good at first, but now everyone has seen it and it gives them a chance to get their defense in place regardless.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I dont mind OU runnign the no huddle....nothing wrong with it.

But what I HATE is the look to the sideline thing.

It was good at first, but now everyone has seen it and it gives them a chance to get their defense in place regardless.

darron thomas was the worse, runs to the line of the scrimmage fake hut, comes out of center looks to the sideline goes back, does it again, finally.

and saban who cares what he thinks, hes lucky his players are so talented and his oline is nfl quality because his offense is basically run on 1st and second down short little mccaron dink, toss in a pa here or there and voila. it works because his players are a step above mostly any other team.

running a up tempo no huddle offense has its benefits, you cant rotate in and out all your studs, your 3rd down pass rusher, your nickel corner, the only way to counter it is to do the bill snyder slow and methodical drives, running on first and second hiking the ball with 1 second left on the playclock picking up the third down, even if tyou are not scoring having long 6-7 minute drives, thi sis how they beat baylor last year

Status
Not open for further replies.