2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic have had preliminary contact about a possible deal for All-Star center Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Noooo :noah:

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
I don't understand why any team other than Brooklyn would trade for Dwight at this point. If he doesn't sign an extension before you get him, then you're setting yourself up for him to do it to you next year.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
n8qO3.png

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Howard may be a bytch and a c00n, bet he can be our bytch and c00n. Get it done Mitch!:bryan:

I just don't want to give away Bynum so Dwight's homotional ass can just up and leave.

Plus is still doesn't fix our PG problem, and unlike Bynum Dwight can't knock down FT's.

Jram

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I put my thoughts on the first day of free agency here:

Court Bully » Bully Thoughts: First day of free agency

With an eye on Boston though, I think they should have rebuilt and not kept Garnett and chase Allen and Terry.

'I think this playoff run is fools gold. I don’t blame them at all for going for it this offseason, and I respect that they have ben able to remain as competitive as they have despite the aging of three of their four best players, but you have to put their 2012 run in context. It’s annoying when people say they were ‘one win away from the finals’ without putting it in context. They played eigth seeded Philadelphia in the second round because the first seeded Bulls lost Derrick Rose early in that series. The Bulls would have been favored to beat them. Secondly, The Heat didn’t have Chris Bosh for four games in the Eastern Conference Finals and worked him in off the bench when he came back in games five, six and seven. And you also have to add that Wade’s knee issues were limiting him. Yes, Allen was limited with bone spurs and the Celtics were missing Avery Bradley, but lets not compare that to Rose, Bosh and Wade injuries. The Celtics are a top ten team in the league and a top four team in the Eastern Conference, but they don’t beat a healthy Miami Heat team as currently contructed.'

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I don't understand why any team other than Brooklyn would trade for Dwight at this point. If he doesn't sign an extension before you get him, then you're setting yourself up for him to do it to you next year.

The Lakers are on the brink of falling apart. Nobody wants to take our trash in Pau. Bynum and Pau just don't work well together. Dwight gives us a chance, even if we risk losing everything. Just make sure JJ is in the deal.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think the Lakers want to really give Bynum the max?

Dude has been penciled in for the Max since he dropped 40 during the 07-08 season. Jim Buss has a man crush on Bynum.

With that said the only reason Bynum isn't a max contract player is because of his fickle ass attitude.

Dude is one of the more skilled post players in the league, is capable of playing great D, is a solid FT shooter, and is still young.