2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
First the Perry Jones “gamble,” now Hasheem Thabeet? Source says Oklahoma City is the most likely landing spot for the 7-3 center who was taken No. 2 by Memphis in 2009 and will be playing for his fourth team (assuming he doesn’t sign with Portland, Houston or the Griz)

low risk high reward

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
AwvEW5RCAAAlHSQ.jpg:medium

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
I doubt its anything over 1-2 million per year he still has potential to become a defensive presence.

I guess he could, I just don't have the faith in him to do it. Plus he could only develop so much on the bench behind Collison & Aldrich.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Seriously?

Here is what really happened. When the Magic were in San Antonio for their final game before the trade deadline, officials from the organization had the necessary waiver paperwork in hand. Howard addressed his teammates at the team hotel the morning of the game, told them he was "all in," and wanted to sign the papers. Team officials wanted him to focus on the game and deal with the issue when they returned to Orlando.

On the flight home, sources said, Howard still wanted to sign the waiver. Team officials didn't feel comfortable with Howard signing the paperwork that would end the trade saga without Howard's agent, Dan Fegan, or some other legal representative present.

When the team landed in Orlando in the middle of the night, Smith drove to the airport to greet the flight. Howard again indicated he wanted to sign the waiver, but Smith -- with whom Howard had grown close -- told him he didn't want such an important and meaningful decision about his future to be made on some tarmac at 3 a.m. They agreed that Howard should go home and sleep on it. He showed up at the Magic practice facility the next day -- hours before the trade deadline -- and signed the waiver.

Does that sound like blackmail to you? Does that sound like coercion?

:dead: