2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
no but I'm saying, I don't get how u can justify a roy hibbert max contract

lol this is whats wrong with the league, every all star feels they deserve a max contract

its like an entitlement thing

either way, I'd love to see another team destroy their cap space :clap:

:rudy:

It's not the players' fault that there are dumb GM's out there. I'd be trying to get paid much as possible too.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Billy King is a top 5 terrible GM. Didn't anybody learn from all of the Sixer's teams that he ruined? :snoop:

Wasn't he the GM of the hawks when they drafted Marvin Williams over Chris Paul and Deron Williams? These NBA front office types are pretty much entrenched in their own ol' boys club until they die.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
son you're slow.

What? He has a history of injuries, he's never played a full season, he's nearing 30 already. He'll be 34 when his contract's done. If his athleticism has left him by then, this contract definitely won't be worth it. But I see what they're trying to do. This is being done for sign and trade purposes.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
:why:

and this is why the blazers will continue to be the blazers

spending money for the sake of spending money

word....when does that ever work

:birdman: success in the bushes

Every team spends money for the sake of spending money. Even the Miami Heat gave Mike Miller the MLE for shyts and giggles. There's a limited window to use cap space to add talent. With player getting raises and then there's free agents on your team and contract extensions, eventually that cap space goes away. You can go over the cap to sign your own guys. To sign others all you have is cap space or the MLE.

Some deals are incredibly stupid. Some deals become worth it if your team improves. If Portland signs Hibbert and keeps Batum and gets back to the playoffs, nobody will care that Hibbert's overpaid.

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
What? He has a history of injuries, he's never played a full season, he's nearing 30 already. He'll be 34 when his contract's done. If his athleticism has left him by then, this contract definitely won't be worth it. But I see what they're trying to do. This is being done for sign and trade purposes.
u really are slow. I dont think u watch basketball on a daily. Gerald Wallace is very very good, a great defender, great rebounder, great slasher, and hell of a competitor. His "athleticism" wont be leaving him, he's a world class athlete, not you. he should have gotten 12 mil a year for all what he brings to a team. Hes showed no signs of slowing down. Injury prone? why dont you check his recent years games missed games per season before you open ur mouth.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
i complain about ernie grunfeld in washington but billy king is ten times worse

what an embarrassing save face this deal was