2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
giving someone a max contract isn't asking them to carry a franchise???

:what:

No. You have to look at each team's situation and see who's leading what. In Portland, it's LaMarcus Aldridge's team.

These greedy owners were just trying to guarantee they make money even when they employing horrible gms and making bad moves. How is Kahn employed?

Drafting the franchise player can take you places.

That and nobody wanted that GM job then, and if Kahn got fired today, you'd find out that even with a team that has Rubio, Love, Pekovic, Derrick Williams, Rick Adelman and a shyt ton of cap space, nobody would want the job now.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
D-will really wants to be a part of this?
Why not? I don't get the negative reaction to this. Wallace is a good player. Howard is tellin the Magic to trade him there and Williams is reportedly leaning towards staying. The Nets could be a top 3-4 team in the west right off the bat.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I'm trying to figure out how the thread title isn't "Hibbert agrees to max deal with Blazers"

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I'm trying to figure out how the thread title isn't "Hibbert agrees to max deal with Blazers"

LOL...maybe he's doing that thing where you don't want to look all eager at a job offer..like my employer was offering me a promotion and moving me from fukking metro detroit to seattle...I was like "well this sounds very good, allow me the weekend to consider it :smugfavre:"

you think for one second i was gonna reject THAT life upgrade? :usure:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why not? I don't get the negative reaction to this. Wallace is a good player. Howard is tellin the Magic to trade him there and Williams is reportedly leaning towards staying. The Nets could be a top 3-4 team in the west right off the bat.

Wallace is a decent player. 10 mil a year, no. The thing about Howard is that the Nets have nothing to trade for him unless Wallace was part of that deal.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
And the Aesik deal is asinine as well, he has proven nothing. 8 million a year? Who else was going to offer half of that to him?

There's about 5 to 6 teams pursuing him. He was looking at some major coin.

I just hope Minny's paying attention to all this and signs Pek to an extension now after we acquire somebody so we're not maxing him out. Give him 4/$44 now and see if his agent bites.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
As does Aldridge fam. The max contract for guys coming off rookie scale deals is different than the one LeBron got.

no but I'm saying, I don't get how u can justify a roy hibbert max contract

lol this is whats wrong with the league, every all star feels they deserve a max contract

its like an entitlement thing

either way, I'd love to see another team destroy their cap space :clap: