2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
and all the team got out of it was 1 national game and a "wow we look stupid making fun of Rubio." We were pretty much that team that everyone watched on League Pass yet nobody really talked about. The only ones that really talked a lot about Pek outside of local outlets were me and Wilt. Media darlings are the last thing this team is. Liking Love and Rubio does not mean they like the team. That just means they found two talented players they want playing for their squad.

As someone in this industry, not one writer wants to see the Wolves do well, because that would mean 2 things:

1. the writers that shytted on Kahn would have to do A LOT of backtracking.

2.(and this is the big one): They'd have to travel there to cover the team. Nobody wants to go to that city and cover them, not even the writers that are already there. It's by far the biggest drawback to the success OKC has had. The only one that has even come close to admitting such publicly is Barkley.

You'll see this point proven correctly when the overwhelming majority of Wolves games on National TV (if they get any at all) will be road games.
As far as point 1, I can say that about a few different teams where writers would hate to see them do well cause they've ate so well off of shytting on GMs or owners. The Knicks, Clippers and Bobcats are top of that list. Unlike those teams I just named, when it seemed like Minnesota might hang around and compete for the eighth seed, there was definitely attention paid, positive attention at that. The Timberwolves don't get shade thrown their way in the midst of any modicum of success like those teams I mentioned. People don't revel in their being trash. Plus, only LA (Lakers), Boston, and maybe Chicago are "liked" by the national media.

As for point 2, :manny:. I don't think it's a case where they want y'all to be a perennial lottery team, they're just not trying to go there. That all falls by the wayside once a team becomes good enough anyway. All of a sudden they romanticize the environment at the arena because the team's success level dictates it, ala OKC.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The only ones that really talked a lot about Pek outside of local outlets were me and Wilt.

:lawd:

I officially became a fan of his after this -

Even remember last season when you told me about him and I watched him like "Really, this goon lookin dude was the best 5 in Europe?" then he stole my heart a year later. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Possible complication in Dwight 3way deal is Nets FA Kris Humphries would seek 4yr deal with CLE and wouldn't sign 1yr pact, sources tell Y!

Lucky I ain’t have Jay drop him from the team

:pacspit:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Possible complication in Dwight 3way deal is Nets FA Kris Humphries would seek 4yr deal with CLE and wouldn't sign 1yr pact, sources tell Y!

Just give that nikka 12million over 1year. I bet he take that. Who wants to play in CLE for 4 years anyway.

Please hurry up and trade this nikka already. i'm tired of hearing abut this shyt

Quick Question. When Steven A took the lead role on First Take with Skip. Did he give up his radio show?

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just give that nikka 12million over 1year. I bet he take that. Who wants to play in CLE for 4 years anyway.

Please hurry up and trade this nikka already. i'm tired of hearing abut this shyt

Quick Question. When Steven A took the lead role on First Take with Skip. Did he give up his radio show?

he was asked to take a full time role on the show.

Not sure if he gave up his radio show.