2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Players shouldn't be able to get double paid

Brandon Roy is getting the money Portland signed him for plus an extra 5 mil from minny....get amnestied made him richer :russ:

That 5 mil should be taken off Portlands tab

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

Brandon Roy is getting the money Portland signed him for plus an extra 5 mil from minny....get amnestied made him richer :russ:

I think the reason why he's getting "double paid" is because he cleared waivers once and nobody signed him for obvious reasons.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla

but then every team would be able to sign amnestied players for the league minimum... if Roy knew that he wasn't gonna make a single penny and that whatever he agreed to would simply be taken off Portland's tab, dude would just sign for the veteran minimum so as to not burden Minny's cap situation

I agree that something needs to be done, though... maybe the player's old team and new team split the difference or some shyt, I dunno

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
David Aldridge‏@daldridgetnt

Reporting in real time, folks: impeccable source just texted of Brandon Roy, "It's minn". @jwquick had it first. Deal is 2 yrs, $10.4M

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
but then every team would be able to sign amnestied players for the league minimum... if Roy knew that he wasn't gonna make a single penny and that whatever he agreed to would simply be taken off Portland's tab, dude would just sign for the veteran minimum so as to not burden Minny's cap situation

I agree that something needs to be done, though... maybe the player's old team and new team split the difference or some shyt, I dunno

What makes you think Brandon Roy is more worried about minnys cap than his own pockets?

I think the amnesty thing was flawed from the jump. I think it would have been better to let teams retain the players and just remove their salary from the books (if they clear waivers)

This system rewards players for not living up to their contract. Gilbert arenas made extra money off getting amnestied

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I hope the Trail Blazers got D. Miles'd on their cap space if Roy coming back means the cap goes back on their books.

Their deal with Roy Hibbert could go throughed't the tables because of us :ahh:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
To top it all off, Philly called Minny about Andre Iguodala. The only holdup is that Kahn's a little iffy about the cap hit they're gonna take, but with Batum likely off the market, wait and see according to Doogie. If Kahn changes his mind about the money we're taking on, it could get better.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
What makes you think Brandon Roy is more worried about minnys cap than his own pockets?

I think the amnesty thing was flawed from the jump. I think it would have been better to let teams retain the players and just remove their salary from the books (if they clear waivers)

This system rewards players for not living up to their contract. Gilbert arenas made extra money off getting amnestied

In your scenario, wouldn't Roy just get the same amount regardless (assuming it's less than his amnesty amount), and any $$ offer he agreed to just be used as a figure by his new team to pay back Portland a portion of the money they used to amnesty him? That's what I thought you meant.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
So Tre, is Roy gonna be starting then? or 6th man type player.

Not sure. I'd venture to say off the bench. By all accounts, he'll probably play 20 minutes a night max.

Tim Allen said the Wolves probably finish off the offseason (his prediction) by signing Shved, Stiemsma, and Tolliver

C Pekovic /Stiemsma
PF Love /Tolliver
SF Williams /Budinger /Johnson
SG Shved /Roy /Lee /Ellington
PG Rubio /Ridnour /Barea

Wouldn't shock me if they went with Budinger /Ridnour as the backcourt til Rubio returns.

with one extra spot left that can go to whoever. Lee + whoever else probably goes to D-League, Ellington racks up the DNP-CD's

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To top it all off, Philly called Minny about Andre Iguodala. The only holdup is that Kahn's a little iffy about the cap hit they're gonna take, but with Batum likely off the market, wait and see according to Doogie. If Kahn changes his mind about the money we're taking on, it could get better.

Your obsession with Iguodala is mindnumbing. I don't get it at all. Dude is a latent under achiever and even though he's a decent wing players your putting him on a real high pedestal breh.

Also whats the deal with Randy poo? Is he on his way to Europe :wow: can't believe I just said that.