2012 NBA Free Agent Watch Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This is the kind of cordial recruiting call that Bryant and Dwight Howard haven’t had, a silence existing for most of a year now. Bryant will not recruit Howard to reaffirm the Lakers as part of Howard's list of teams that he’s willing to accept a trade and sign a long-term extension. For several reasons – including Bryant's respect for teammate Andrew Bynum – the odds of Bryant picking up the phone and calling are remote. Bryant would welcome Howard as a teammate, sources say, but he’s shown no inclination to be part of a process of trying convince him to come.

When they spoke several months about the possibility of Howard coming to the Lakers in a trade, Bryant and Howard pictured the center’s role through far different prisms. Howard wanted an offense to play through him far more often than not, and Bryant imagined the NBA’s best defender protecting the rim, rebounding and scoring as an offensive option beyond Bryant and Pau Gasol. The call ended uneasily, and sources say they haven’t had a meaningful conversation since then.

Howard has always wanted to play with a great point guard, and, perhaps, with the ball in Nash’s hands now, he’ll see the Lakers in a different way. Before Nash, Howard had been longing for life with Deron Williams and the Brooklyn Nets. Now, the Lakers have a generational point guard, and that could change everything.

LesterDiamond

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Daps
Reppin
AZ
What the hell happened to Aaron Brooks did that nikka even play last yr

Nah he played ball in China and didn't end up coming back because he took his team to the finals. Ended up losing to Marbury tho :ld:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
brooks was in china last year, and didnt come back after the strike ended. i believe phoenix still had the rights to him.

my cousin has been hitting me up concerning aaron brooks & ray allen repeatedly since saturday.:laugh: at 1st he was inquiring about brooks. then by monday, he was saying that the suns signed him. i guess he was doing his best chris broussard impersonation.:thumbsdown:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

:stopitslime:

Now we dont have a back-up point.. Wait Rose hurt. We dont have a PG
I dont know what to fukking say at this point. JL3. Really JL3? What if he goes to the Wizards.

We are a fukking joke. I know the Watson is not the best point in the world but he decent.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:stopitslime:

Now we dont have a back-up point.. Wait Rose hurt. We dont have a PG
I dont know what to fukking say at this point. JL3. Really JL3? What if he goes to the Wizards.

We are a fukking joke. I know the Watson is not the best point in the world but he decent.

could be back we got till july 10th

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 2m

In another unforeseen twist of this wild offseason, sources say Jason Kidd has decided to leave Mavs and join Knicks on a multiyear deal