2 weeks before AEW's flagship PPV and only two official matches have been announced and set?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I think that's the point breh. The audience has been trained to expect Mox vs Punk on Dynamite to be a legit title match so pulling of a no context, DQ or whatever non finish you can come up with would actually have the desired reaction of wanting to see the match again with a definitive winner.

I could be wrong but I think it's way more likely we get Punk vs Mox again at All Out than an out of nowhere new challenger (with only 1 week to build to that match) or a triple threat that will feel rushed too (again, not enough TV time to set it up and hype it). I wouldn't even be shocked if the title match doesn't even has a proper start and they just brawl all over the arena to set up a gimmick match at the PPV so they can both have the bloodbath we all know they wanna have :manny:
We got 7 turns last Dynamite, shyt wouldn't surprise me one bit :russ:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
BTW I agree the build to this PPV has been fukking atrocious. Christian vs Jungle Boy is the only match that has a long term build and it hasn't even been announced yet.

The Trios Title tournament was a last minute call (they were probably waiting for Kenny to get the final OK) and it took away the chance of another FTR vs Young Bucks match that would've been much bigger than a Trios Finals (could've saved that for Grand Slam in NY).

There's not a lot that could've been done for Punk and Kenny because they were going to be last minute calls anyway so just having them at the PPV is a plus. But the angles that could've supported those returns for a "big show feel" have been either focused on the TV episodes (JSA vs BCC, Darby/Brody, Swerve/Lee) or almost non existent.

We could get Jericho vs Danielson (or a tag match involving them) or Eddie/Sammy, which would have more long term history but to be honest neither match feels like something that was meant to end or at least feel special enough for PPV only, and that's what your biggest show should have most than any other card of the year.

I mean, Hobbs turning on Starks has been the best angle they've done in months and All Out should have a "chapter 1" match for them, but they've been floundering on TV with bullshyt filler ever since the fire segment that started it all.
So basically you saying they giving us a glorified trailer for the PPV main event?
It's what makes the most sense to me. I know WWE and WCW ruined the concept of a non-finish TV match that bleeds into a PPV match. But let's not act like it can't work or that it isn't smart if done right.

We got 7 turns last Dynamite, shyt wouldn't surprise me one bit :russ:
True, Adderall Man has been too much on a Vince Russo "we gotta get ratings!" booking and is throwing shyt at the wall to what sticks. But I have a hard time picturing Punk and Mox accepting a triple threat with little to no build for their biggest PPV of the year.

Again, I could be wrong and we might get Page involved to "spice things up" but man, if that's the case then someone take the book out of TK's hands...

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That page isn't even up to date. Not listing the six-man tag match of FTR and Wardlow vs. Lethal, Singh, Dutt, doesn't list the finals of the Trios Tournament. Both are announced for ALl Out, we just don't have the Trios matchup yet since the Tournament is still going.
That’ page is AEW official website :lolbron:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
BTW I agree the build to this PPV has been fukking atrocious. Christian vs Jungle Boy is the only match that has a long term build and it hasn't even been announced yet.

The Trios Title tournament was a last minute call (they were probably waiting for Kenny to get the final OK) and it took away the chance of another FTR vs Young Bucks match that would've been much bigger than a Trios Finals (could've saved that for Grand Slam in NY).

There's not a lot that could've been done for Punk and Kenny because they were going to be last minute calls anyway so just having them at the PPV is a plus. But the angles that could've supported those returns for a "big show feel" have been either focused on the TV episodes (JSA vs BCC, Darby/Brody, Swerve/Lee) or almost non existent.

We could get Jericho vs Danielson (or a tag match involving them) or Eddie/Sammy, which would have more long term history but to be honest neither match feels like something that was meant to end or at least feel special enough for PPV only, and that's what your biggest show should have most than any other card of the year.

I mean, Hobbs turning on Starks has been the best angle they've done in months and All Out should have a "chapter 1" match for them, but they've been floundering on TV with bullshyt filler ever since the fire segment that started it all.

It's what makes the most sense to me. I know WWE and WCW ruined the concept of a non-finish TV match that bleeds into a PPV match. But let's not act like it can't work or that it isn't smart if done right.

True, Adderall Man has been too much on a Vince Russo "we gotta get ratings!" booking and is throwing shyt at the wall to what sticks. But I have a hard time picturing Punk and Mox accepting a triple threat with little to no build for their biggest PPV of the year.

Again, I could be wrong and we might get Page involved to "spice things up" but man, if that's the case then someone take the book out of TK's hands...
All the injuries have been killing them all summer. It forced TK to make changes on the fly and he hasn't been good with that.

Was a bit of a wasted opportunity to establish some guys who aren't in the class of Danielson, Punk, and Omega yet.

Wardlow and PAC should be having title defenses unless they stricly want to make the TNT title a TV belt. Starks vs. Hobbs should be advanced further along than it is, as should Miro vs. House of Black. This whole Eddie and BCC vs. JAS thing should have been dead after blood and guts. Swerve and Lee have done nothing since winning the belts.

The Forbidden Door PPV kinda screwed things up as far as stories go because of the timing, and we had hoped for a bit of a reset after that, then all of the injuries hit to fukk up that reset. Hopefully once All Out gets out of the way, and with *knock on wood* a largely healthy roster giving some stability, we can get that reset and start back up with some long-term story telling and get the title pictures worked out.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Remember how the bytching was about Forbidden Door? Y’all still gonna watch the show anyway. :mjlol:

Wrasslin fans will never stop bytching. I’m glad this shyt doesn’t affect me like a decade ago. :whew:

And of course the alias comes out to play. :sas2:
It really gets sad when we're supposed to believe "never been interested in talking about wrestling for over ten years on this site, but suddenly I'm making threads with the same agenda as someone who was recently banned, hey everybody I'm totally a different person with a similar immature voice"

Since Max was banned, this is the second account that emerges from a decade long dormancy to reveal how they've been hatewatching AEW.

Honestly just feels like Da King has VPNs, dozens upon dozens of spare emails, and forethought to make several aliases at the site's inception.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It really gets sad when we're supposed to believe "never been interested in talking about wrestling for over ten years on this site, but suddenly I'm making threads with the same agenda as someone who was recently banned, hey everybody I'm totally a different person with a similar immature voice"

Since Max was banned, this is the second account that emerges from a decade long dormancy to reveal how they've been hatewatching AEW.

Honestly just feels like Da King has VPNs, dozens upon dozens of spare emails, and forethought to make several aliases at the site's inception.
It’s not even sad or pathetic. Straight loser ass shyt. If you’re over 25 doing this shyt, you need a real look into the mirror and do some soul searching. :hhh:

﹏﹏⛴﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Supporter
Daps
Remember how the bytching was about Forbidden Door? Y’all still gonna watch the show anyway. :mjlol:

Wrasslin fans will never stop bytching. I’m glad this shyt doesn’t affect me like a decade ago. :whew:

And of course the alias comes out to play. :sas2:

Good grief, suddenly I'm an alt account. Is it hate watching when you spend your own money to watch it? Y'all gotta relax.

With the exceptions of the Death Triangle vs House of Black and Bucks vs Hardys, this show was feeling somewhat lacking. Then the Anarcy 10 man went on and gave the show a much needed jolt of energy and excitement. It was a complete car crash and had everybody in the theater hyped for the first time. Then the 3 way tag was really great especially considering they followed the 10 man match. Punk/Hangman was a really good main event even with the terrible Punk buckshot lariat attempts and the predictable winner.

The tag matches carried this show by far and for 25 bucks, I enjoyed it even though I haven't watched AEW in a long time. The wack stuff didn't linger too long and the best stuff was really good. Anarchy in the Arena, Tag title match, and HoB/Death Triangle were the best parts of the show for me.

﹏﹏⛴﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Supporter
Daps
Interesting dialogue here when I was trying to find out about Bullet club shirts.

Can anybody speak on Hot Topic's shirt quality? Considering copping some Bullet Club joints since they on post-Christmas sale.

What's the sale?

Pretty much every design for $17.43. OG Jacket for $38.

Do you know how long it's lasting?

One day. It'll probably be another one afterwards.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
All Out (2021) - Wikipedia
Last year, Christian vs Omega took place on the debut episode of rampage (where Christian won the Impact title) before running it back at the All Out PPV in a AEW title match, so it is a possibility of Mox vs Punk happening somehow someway at All Out 22 after their title unification match on Dynamite this Wednesday...

I'd like to see Swerve/Lee vs The Acclaimed, Jade vs Kayla Rossi, Jericho vs Bryan(too end the Club vs Appreciation Society feud for Good)