2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Lakers are an old team but in the playoffs they might be able to sustain an injury to any one player besides Lebron, AD and maybe Danny Green. Injuries to other players might change the configuration of lineups but doesn't significantly affect their chances.
That's kind of the point.

All their top players don't have age on their side and/or are injury-prone; not exactly the best recipe to go on a deep-playoff run.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
That's kind of the point.

All their top players don't have age on their side and/or are injury-prone; not exactly the best recipe to go on a deep-playoff run.
That is true but can’t the same be said for the Clippers? Age isn’t a factor but Kawhi and PG aren’t exactly known for their durability— though the Clippers are at least taking the necessary precautions with Kawhi.

Daps
That is true but can’t the same be said for the Clippers? Age isn’t a factor but Kawhi and PG aren’t exactly known for their durability— though the Clippers are at least taking the necessary precautions with Kawhi.
Health-wise - absolutely, but like you said, age isn't a factor for them. Lakers have to deal with both; they've got the steepest postseason-hill to climb in that regard.

:manny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We used to get ridiculed by LeBron stans and others for pointing this out. Now that LeBron is actually on the Lakers they know what it feels like. :francis:
Uh, LeBron hasn't been getting calls since The Decision no matter what team he played for.

average free throws per game

2011: 8.4
2012: 8.1
2013: 7.0
2014: 7.6
2015: 7.7
2016: 6.5
2017: 7.2
2018: 6.5
2019: 7.6

His first season as a Laker he damn near got the most free throws per game he has of any year since 2012. Being a Laker hasn't cost him shyt in terms of calls.

Now on this "Know what it feels like to be on the Lakers" bullshyt. :laff:

2000 WCF Game 7: 37-16 ft advantage in a game they win just 89-84. Some of the worst calls you've ever seen:

2002 WCF Game 6: 40-25 ft advantage (27-7 in the 4th) with even worse calls:

2010 FInals Game 7: 37-17 ft advantage (21 to 6 in the 4th) in a game they win just 83 to 79.

Your team has 3 of the 4 biggest FT travesties of the 21st century going in their favor. Come on now.

LeBron stans would also get ridiculed when they would tell y’all he don’t get calls like y’all think he does :manny:
Exactly, but they gonna ignore that.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

LOS ANGELES -- New Orleans Pelicans guard Josh Hart said he called some of his former Los Angeles Lakers teammates and front-office staffers to clear up the negative comments he made about the organization on his podcast and on social media in September.

Hart said he never intended those comments to become public, but there was a communication error that resulted in the audio version of the podcast editing those comments out and the video version of the podcast running in full.

In the video version of the Sept. 6 "LightHarted Podcast" with teammate Lonzo Ball, a producer is heard openly discussing cutting the portion of the conversation in which Hart derides the Lakers organization.

Ball says, "Lithuania was very depressing. I went there to go visit (my brothers); I wouldn't do it again ... It's like hella gloomy, nobody smiles, it's like everybody just hates that they're there. I'm like 'Damn.' I had to get out of there, bro."

Hart then jokes, "Sounds like L.A. ... No, I'm not talking about the city."

Ball responds, "I don't know what he's talking about. ... Next question. Cut that part out."

At that point the producer says, "We're gonna edit this part out, so you might as well just tell us."

Hart laughs and says, "I was going to say the Lakers organization."

Hart explained his comments on social media after the podcast was released, saying he was upset he wasn't given a heads-up about the trade that sent him, Ball, Brandon Ingram and draft picks to New Orleans in exchange for Anthony Davis.

The Pelicans were in Los Angeles on Sunday night to play the Clippers, the first time they have been in L.A. since the trade. On Wednesday, New Orleans will host the Lakers in the first meeting between the two teams, since the trade.

"When my sarcasm, that wasn't supposed to be in that -- it was supposed to be cut -- was in there, I called some of the people in the [Lakers] front office, I called some of my teammates that I had and made sure they knew that none of this stuff was about you guys," Hart told ESPN on Sunday night.

"I loved my time here. I loved my time here and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. I love Laker Nation. They show so much love, so much support."

Hart didn't want to specify which people in the Lakers front office he called to clear the air, or who the one person he "had a problem with" was, that he alluded to in a subsequent tweet. But Hart did elaborate on why he was upset that he wasn't given a heads-up that he was included in the deal.

"Obviously, sometimes things happen quickly," Hart said. "But I mean, you have of a gist of if something's going to happen. At least that day or something. So just reach out.

"You know in this league, this is a possibility. Like 'Hey, you're going to get an all-world player [Davis], I get it. ... Cool. No hard feelings.'

"But all you want is just like a heads up, or even -- when the deal is final -- to get a call or even get a call just the same day and not find out on Twitter, and not get called, days later."

Hart said he heard he'd been traded by reading it on Twitter. At the time, he was supposed to be taping an episode of his podcast with Kenneth Faried.

"It turns out he's very allergic to dogs, and we didn't know until he got to the house," Hart explained. "So if that did happen, our phones would've been on airplane mode, and I wouldn't have known until, an hour, an hour and a half after [the trade news] came out."

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

there have been entire superstars that got traded and knew nothing in the past :mindblown:

but you want a heads up :stopitslime:

and thats why i say do what you want and go where you want once your a free agent :win:

Status
Not open for further replies.