2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
KD did it :lolbron:
Pau was the first one to do it since Hakeem. I purposely said, "first", not "only", because I knew people could say that KD had arguably done it too. I wouldn't agree, partially because whether KD was better is debatable and partially because KD wasn't Bron's primary defender, Iggy was, but it's close enough to be worth debate.

Bron was unquestionably the best player in 5 Finals in a row, but he didn't match the other team's best player aside from the first one (after KD it was either TP/Duncan in 13/14 and Steph in 15/16), so he didn't pull what Pau pulled. Neither did MJ or Shaq or Kobe or Duncan or anyone else.

The person who said that Kawhi and Iggy had outplayed LeBron is a flaming idiot, it wasn't even close.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Pau was the first one to do it since Hakeem. I purposely said, "first", not "only", because I knew people could say that KD had arguably done it too. I wouldn't agree, partially because whether KD was better is debatable and partially because KD wasn't Bron's primary defender, Iggy was, but it's close enough to be worth debate.

Bron was unquestionably the best player in 5 Finals in a row, but he didn't match the other team's best player aside from the first one (after KD it was either TP/Duncan in 13/14 and Steph in 15/16), so he didn't pull what Pau pulled. Neither did MJ or Shaq or Kobe or Duncan or anyone else.

The person who said that Kawhi and Iggy had outplayed LeBron is a flaming idiot, it wasn't even close.
finals MVP say otherwise :umad:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
To my eyes KD looked like he was the better player in the 17 finals

But I think they were about even in 18. Although you could give KD the slight edge because of how he closed out game 3

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
finals MVP say otherwise :umad:
It doesn't say that though, since most voters say that the loser in the series doesn't get MVP regardless of how well he plays. If you think that Iggy or Kawhi outplayed LeBron then you've pretty much ensured that your opinion on basketball matters should be ignored.

But I think they were about even in 18. Although you could give KD the slight edge because of how he closed out game 3
I'd basically agree, but it's tough because LeBron was working with a much higher degree of difficulty. KD, Iggy, and Draymond were taking turns switching onto LeBron, three elite defenders who all matched up on him well and who kept each other fresh. KD was being guarded by.....?

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil

He was playing on the Warriors....was doing wide open lay ups....his role was to basically do better than Barnes ...

If I knew b-ball...it was a wrap when he signed ...he just had to be better than Barnes....

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
It doesn't say that though, since most voters say that the loser in the series doesn't get MVP regardless of how well he plays. If you think that Iggy or Kawhi outplayed LeBron then you've pretty much ensured that your opinion on basketball matters should be ignored.

I'd basically agree, but it's tough because LeBron was working with a much higher degree of difficulty. KD, Iggy, and Draymond were taking turns switching onto LeBron, three elite defenders who all matched up on him well and who kept each other fresh. KD was being guarded by.....?

That's a good point. The Warriors had so many more two way players than the Cavs. Besides that Bron basically exhausted himself by the fourth quarters because the Cavs bench couldn't do anything.

He was playing on the Warriors....was doing wide open lay ups....his role was to basically do better than Barnes ...

If I knew b-ball...it was a wrap when he signed ...he just had to be better than Barnes....

Also a good point. The Cavs seemingly game planned against Curry more so than Durant in 2017

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
In terms of how perfect of a fit KD was on the 2017 Warriors, what would be the equivalent for Bron?

Kyrie
Covington
Bron
AD
Gobert?

Just watching highlights of that team in 2017, they were incredible even though I hated them

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I'm going to need Lou Will to demand a trade from the Clippers :unimpressed:

He knows he wants to be a first option somewhere else :unimpressed:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
In terms of how perfect of a fit KD was on the 2017 Warriors, what would be the equivalent for Bron?

Kyrie
Covington
Bron
AD
Gobert?

Just watching highlights of that team in 2017, they were incredible even though I hated them
That 2017 Cavs team would have won the championship damn near any other year...if not for that Warriors squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.