2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
YnfQAMA.jpg
And Dwight not even starting:laff:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
don't tell me the goat franchise is shook of Javale McGee and pander to him?

:gucci::gucci:

It's not like we didn't give him opportunities, he could have ran with it but he's looking like Shaqtin a Fool Mcgee out there.

Daps
IF U DIDNT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE WAS SAYIN THEN CLEARLY U THE ONE WHO
AINT THAT BRIGHT MAYN
I'm afraid only rockheads like yourself understand the logic of other rockheads. Not too dissimilar to how you've disappeared from that Julius thread after sticking out your chest because you were box score-watching last season.

:lolbron:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
I'm afraid only rockheads like yourself understand the logic of other rockheads. Not too dissimilar to how you've disappeared from that Julius thread after sticking out your chest because you were box score-watching last season.

:lolbron:

“ROCKHEAD” GOTA BE THE LAMEST SNAP IVE HEARD IN A MINUTE .. YOU 6 YEARS OLD BRODIE?

I BEEN REPLIED TO YOUR NONSENSE

PRIME KAREEM WOULD LOOK BAD ON THE DYSFUNCTIONAL KNICKS

STILL BETTER THAN SHIITY ASS PORKER

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Iggy can't shoot, can't hit free throws and can't go by anyone. I'm not certain why Laker brehs want him so bad. If the final lineup is
Bron
Green
Iggy
AD
Dwight

What kind of action is Iggy going to be in on the offensive end? There isn't enough shooting and he can't create anymore. I think you need a little more spacing in those half court sets coming down the stretch, his man might sag off of him and clutter AD's isos. You're already gonna have Rondo back and although he's an improved shooter, he's not a shooter.
Bron
Green
Cook/Daniels/Bradley (whoever is the best shooter that night)
AD
Dwight
Lakers would prefer if LeBron wasn't having to guard the best player on the court. And in your set, who guards a big skilled wing? KCP? Dudley? Lakers have a lot of 3-and-D guards to defend the little guys but no one they can trust to put on the bigger guys.

Especially for the sets where AD is playing center, Lakers would like a bigger 3-and-D to pair with LeBron, someone who fills the role Ariza or Artest did with the Lakers or young Kawhi with the Spurs or....Iggy with Golden State. And Iggy is the only player like that really available.

I agree it could be hit or miss. He might not have enough legs left to make a defensive impact. His shot might not be there anymore. But if he can defensively match on someone like Kawhi and shoot well enough in big moments without choking (even if it's just 33-34% from three) then he would be a very nice piece for them and might even finish games.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I just realized - if Bradley-Green-LeBron-AD-Dwight ends up being the starting lineup at playoff time, Lakers will have a starting five with no one who played together last year. That shyt's crazy. And there's several other guys you could switch in and it would still be true. Has that ever happened on a playoff team, much less a Finals team?

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
I just realized - if Bradley-Green-LeBron-AD-Dwight ends up being the starting lineup at playoff time, Lakers will have a starting five with no one who played together last year. That shyt's crazy. And there's several other guys you could switch in and it would still be true. Has that ever happened on a playoff team, much less a Finals team?
Miami? Cleveland?

Edit: nevermind

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Miami? Cleveland?

Edit: nevermind
Yeah, even on Miami you had Wade and Joel Anthony (and Chalmers for one start) who had played together the year before. Even on Cleveland you had Delly and Shump and TT (and Kyrie for one start) who had played together already. I can't think of a year where literally NO ONE in the starting five had shared the court before the year started. That's wild when you think of what it takes to create that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.