2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yeah, even on Miami you had Wade and Joel Anthony (and Chalmers for one start) who had played together the year before. Even on Cleveland you had Delly and Shump and TT (and Kyrie for one start) who had played together already. I can't think of a year where literally NO ONE in the starting five had shared the court before the year started. That's wild when you think of what it takes to create that scenario.

Technically, Rondo, LeBron, McGee, Kuz, and KCP were here last year. :manny:

easymoneysniper

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Lakers would prefer if LeBron wasn't having to guard the best player on the court. And in your set, who guards a big skilled wing? KCP? Dudley? Lakers have a lot of 3-and-D guards to defend the little guys but no one they can trust to put on the bigger guys.

Especially for the sets where AD is playing center, Lakers would like a bigger 3-and-D to pair with LeBron, someone who fills the role Ariza or Artest did with the Lakers or young Kawhi with the Spurs or....Iggy with Golden State. And Iggy is the only player like that really available.

I agree it could be hit or miss. He might not have enough legs left to make a defensive impact. His shot might not be there anymore. But if he can defensively match on someone like Kawhi and shoot well enough in big moments without choking (even if it's just 33-34% from three) then he would be a very nice piece for them and might even finish games.

IMO IGGY is done. His legs are gone

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps