2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
narrative before the game: “Clippers got some dogs, all they want to do is beat the Lakers and take the LA throne”

narrative after the game: “Clippers didn’t want it as much, they already won the first 2 games”

where’s that damn Marlo Stanfield gif.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s crazy you had “Clipper” fans, Laker haters, and Lebron haters puffing their chest out after the Clippers first two wins against the Lakers, and whenever the Clippers FO made a move.

But now that we won against the full strength formerly 10-0 Clippers and the Bucks we can’t express ourselves.:mjgrin:

Also the Lakers were getting a lot of wide open threes on Christmas and yesterday the difference is probably that Lebron hadn’t flipped the switch yet. And Bradley’s been hitting his three’s lately. In all three games we’ve had a different role player step up. So all these excuses concerning Bradley are pointless.

All this. Not only what you posted but if anyone has watched the lakers this season you can tell that they been hiding plays all year. Some of the action they ran against the bucks and clippers they didn't run in the previous match ups.

But this is what lebron teams been doing since his 2012 heat season. Hide offensive and defensive plays and sets during the regular season. Then pop them out come playoff time or late in the season. That is one of the biggest things Pat Riley taught him that he has used with his teams since the Miami days.

Plus he got vet coaches who are smart themselves and know the game and what to show and what to hide until the time is right.

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also maybe it’s just me, but fukk the MVP race: make sure Lebron and AD get some rest in this last quarter of the season, let everyone else find their rhythm and get the best rotations with Waiters for the playoffs

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
also maybe it’s just me, but fukk the MVP race: make sure Lebron and AD get some rest in this last quarter of the season, let everyone else find their rhythm and get the best rotations with Waiters for the playoffs

I agree, but with the bucks reeling and the top seed in reach this may be reason the lakers go for the top seed. Which in turn LBJ wins the MVP.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Low-key LeBron is a lock for his 16th All-NBA selection. That will put him all by himself for the most in NBA history. Right now he's tied with KAJ, Kobe, and Duncan with 15 each.

It will also extend his record 13th 1st-team All-NBA selection. Kobe and Malone are tied for 2nd with 11 each.

Think about that. LeBron came into an era where Garnett, Duncan, Webber, Dirk, and McGrady were all in their prime, had Carmelo come in right beside him, then watched KD, Blake, AD, Kawhi, PG13, and Giannis all try to make their mark....and yet he's been one of the top 5 forwards in the league for 16 consecutive years and one of the top-2 for damn near all of those seasons. Out of KG, Timmy D, Dirk, Carmelo, KD, AD, Kawhi, Giannis, they can't find TWO guys to have a better season than him in any given year.

It's also going to be his

14th season with a top-5 MVP finish (KAJ is tops with 15)
13th time top-4 (best ever)
11th time top-3 (best ever)
If he finishes top-2, which looks likely right now, that'll be the 8th time (tied with MJ for best ever).
Obviously, in the unlikely event he wins his 5th MVP, he'll still be just behind MJ and KAJ with 6.
I wonder if he can get a 2nd team All Defense if he finishes the year strong :lupe:

If not him...somebody other than AD should make it right:patrice:

Unless thats proof AD is DPOY :mjgrin:

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
narrative before the game: “Clippers got some dogs, all they want to do is beat the Lakers and take the LA throne”

narrative after the game: “Clippers didn’t want it as much, they already won the first 2 games”

where’s that damn Marlo Stanfield gif.

1569220709970.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.