2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone already but I wanted to say it in here since this has always been our Lakers/Kobe headquarters.

Besides the suddenness of this tragedy and the fact his daughter Gianna was with him, I think this is extremely personal for all of us beyond his 20 years in a Lakers jersey and all of his great accomplishments. To be a Kobe fan, we all felt like we had to fight for his place in the game alongside him. All of us have gotten in arguments online and in real life over Kobe's legacy, while he was still playing and after he retired.

Every other great player has been accepted without caveats for the most part. With Kobe, when it came to non-Laker fans, it was always, "yeah, he's great, but..." You generally don't see people on TV talk about Jordan, Duncan, Shaq, LeBron, Magic, Bird, etc. and bring up a bunch of shortcomings or say they weren't as good as so and so.

He was one of us; that was OUR guy. That played a monster part in the passion of Kobe fans..at least that's how I feel.
Honestly defending Kobe is what turned me into an active message board poster. All the people shytting on him due to the Jordan comparisons and just overly attacking him due to something out of his control. I got sick of seeing it so got in thread after thread defending him and posting why he was great. This was around 2000/2001. Before that I was just lurking and reading for like two years.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang

Bad bunny did a tribute track for Kobe

Here is the translation

Yeah, hey

I sometimes ask if I´m right respecting the commandments,

Where is God in this moments?

I know life´s short as a tale,

In a blink of an eye wind takes it away.

I still remember your first game I watched,

a thousand emotions and a lot of times you stood me up.

You tought to me that everything in life is done with passion,

to win, you have to have heart.

You tought that number 13 is not bad luck,

and failures can make you stronger.

No matter what you say,

you will be the greatest to me, hey

Rest in peace with the lord.

Congratulations, you won 6 rings,

5 nba and 1 wedding that gave you your daughters,

Thinking that one went with you makes me out of control,

but it was for you to not play alone ;(

More than 81 reasons to admire you,

more than 5 players at the same time to stop you,

we were similar because we both made art,

Black Mamba forever yeah

We will always remember you yeah

:mjcry: at some of these lyrics

I can't stress enough how big Kobe was for the Latino community in LA. I know bad bunny is PR but he had that connection like no other as a global icon.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Bron still looks a bit out of it
EPauJaxWsAATVHW

Last edited:

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I just dont care about basketball anymore. I dont know if just me but it means nothing now, hopefully its a phase because i loved the game
I said this on sunday, I am deleting 2k off my ps4, I dont even want my basketball shoes anymore.. Most are in a box and they will probably stay there for a while.. I see nike is pulling all his merch, I think thats great, dont want these greedy a$$holes buying and reselling his shyt for 7x the price. I always thought that was corny
Same. It just doesn’t feel important anymore.

The game brought us all here
The game brought Kobe into our households
You love Kobe
You love the game
He loved the game
I swear the game is hard to watch but it'll get better

Status
Not open for further replies.