2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
I will say this I know seeing those comments can be triggering but they are the minority, focus on the positive and realize that this minority is not the real world. He is getting great praise throughout and just focus on that.
I hear you breh and I've encouraged that even in this thread I just didn't need to hear that shyt on my way to work ...I'm blocking all the haters out because Kobe and Gianna's life deserve all the shine

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I just dont care about basketball anymore. I dont know if just me but it means nothing now, hopefully its a phase because i loved the game

Same. It just doesn’t feel important anymore.

I said this on sunday, I am deleting 2k off my ps4, I dont even want my basketball shoes anymore.. Most are in a box and they will probably stay there for a while.. I see nike is pulling all his merch, I think thats great, dont want these greedy a$$holes buying and reselling his shyt for 7x the price. I always thought that was corny

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone already but I wanted to say it in here since this has always been our Lakers/Kobe headquarters.

Besides the suddenness of this tragedy and the fact his daughter Gianna was with him, I think this is extremely personal for all of us beyond his 20 years in a Lakers jersey and all of his great accomplishments. To be a Kobe fan, we all felt like we had to fight for his place in the game alongside him. All of us have gotten in arguments online and in real life over Kobe's legacy, while he was still playing and after he retired.

Every other great player has been accepted without caveats for the most part. With Kobe, when it came to non-Laker fans, it was always, "yeah, he's great, but..." You generally don't see people on TV talk about Jordan, Duncan, Shaq, LeBron, Magic, Bird, etc. and bring up a bunch of shortcomings or say they weren't as good as so and so.

He was one of us; that was OUR guy. That played a monster part in the passion of Kobe fans..at least that's how I feel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.