2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It hurts even more when it's the player you grew up watching; makes it more personal. I was 13 when he debuted and I was able to follow his career from start to finish.

It was different back then. Now, we can watch every game that every team plays. Back then, you had to depend on national TV games so you'd count down the days until LA was on NBC, TNT or TBS again and cherished when you saw. There was no Youtube with highlights of every bucket a half hour after the game ended. At best, Sportscenter would have a two minute highlight clip of the whole team that you'd catch once and burn it into memory. Maybe you'd watch SC re-runs all morning but that was the only way you saw it more than once.

I remember staying up way past my bedtime to watch Laker games with the TV turned down so my mom couldn't hear. I'd celebrate in silence when he'd make a great play or make a crazy shot. I vividly recall his game tying tip-in against GS off a purposely missed free throw by Glen Rice at Golden State in a game Shaq was out. The announcer went nuts and so did I, pumping my fist in silence.

Just a devastating loss and day. Nothing will hurt more than this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.