2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Kobestans confirmed. Supposed "LWO" proves once again that all y'all who joined in the last 20 years were just Kobe fanboys who (like him) don't give a shyt about anyone else. :mjlol:

bytch about me being here when I'm rooting for more players on this team (Rondo, LeBron, Green, Bradley, Caruso, and maybe even AD/Dwight if they act right) than y'all are. :russ:

The only person who has brought up Kobe in this thread...is you :ld:
nikkas in here still butt hurt about Lebron :mjlol:

Meh, there are some positive posts about Bron in this thread you know :ld:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Kobestans confirmed. Supposed "LWO" proves once again that all y'all who joined in the last 20 years were just Kobe fanboys who (like him) don't give a shyt about anyone else. :mjlol:

bytch about me being here when I'm rooting for more players on this team (Rondo, LeBron, Green, Bradley, Caruso, and maybe even AD/Dwight if they act right) than y'all are. :russ:

When did anybody mention Kobe :mjlol:
You out here with pom poms talking about rooting for grown men eat a dikk botty boy

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
:hhh:

Deadass the worst part of Lebron signing to the Lakers is this hoe ass nerd dankster stinking up the team thread.... him pulling that “I’m a fan Blazers fan” bullshyt like bliz and profasi pretended to be Kings and Suns fans while having exponentially more posts in our thread is the last straw for me

:camby:get him out of here

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
You and every one of your fanboy homies would have rooted for any team Kobe played on, don't even come at me with that bullshyt. If Kobe had ditched the Lakers for the Clippers you would have followed him there in a millisecond just like @CHICAGO follows D-Rose around.

I am a Portland fan and will always be a Portland fan. If I root for a new team every year, then show me ALL the teams I've ever rooted for since I joined the Coli. :sas1::sas2:

Only time I ever hated on Portland players was during the later parts of the JailBlazer era, and that wasn't even because of the fukkery so much as they basically quit on the court and were just fukking around. Other than that I've rooted for every player in a Portland jersey up till the moment they left the team even fat Kemp and that giant Korean with anger issues.

Bullshyt mentioning the 9th and 10th men on a team headlined by fukking LeBron James and Anthony Davis. :skip:

Homosexual fixation, Bron hater confirmed. :mjlol:
Except we have rooted for Lakers the past 6 years and still are rooting for the team :russ:. Making things up to try to make your argument is stupid.

Not liking the group doesn’t equate to not being a Lakers fan.

You want Lakers fans to be in love with LeBron when our only memory of him is not making the playoffs, and bragging about his stats on IG after losing by 50. Most fan bases outside of the LeStanley coalition would not be heads over heel for that.

Again, you are the one who brings up Kobe on every topic :mjlol:. No one even mentioned him.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
:whoa:
:hhh:

Deadass the worst part of Lebron signing to the Lakers is this hoe ass nerd dankster stinking up the team thread.... him pulling that “I’m a fan Blazers fan” bullshyt like bliz and profasi pretended to be Kings and Suns fans while having exponentially more posts in our thread is the last straw for me

:camby:get him out of here
All of them have the same gimmick, probably a bot with a different team script on it.

talks about Kobe and Lakers and LeBron, you press them and they say I am a fan of the Mavs:whoa:i have never seen that dude talk about blazers :deadmanny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
him pulling that “I’m a fan Blazers fan” bullshyt like bliz and profasi pretended to be Kings and Suns fans while having exponentially more posts in our thread is the last straw for me
Yes, I have exponentially more posts in the thread that exists than I have in the thread that doesn't exist. :mjlol:

There are mad receipts that I'm a lifelong Blazers fan, including the fact that I repeatedly tell stories on the bball board that no one who is not a blazers fan would ever know. My dad moved from LA to Portland for work when I was a little kid, and I moved back to LA when I was a teenager. I've spent most of my life as a Portland fan surrounded by LA fanboys. It's like home here.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Dank a Blazers fan? Since when :gucci:
1987. I've probably hated the Lakers for longer than you've been alive. :russ:

No one can accuse me of being a fake Blazers fan when I've written threads like this one or especially this one or write comments like this one. There's no way that ANYONE who wasn't a huge Blazer fan could have just made the connection to that shyt off the top of their head from 25+ years ago.

Other obvious Blazer stan comments:

"Guys you were ashamed to say that you rooted for" - people are pulling out J.R. Rider and Robert Pack.

"Worst draft busts ever" - people are shouting Greg Oden and Sam Bowie.

"Craziest teammate punch" - people are calling in Ha Seung-Jin/Nedzad Sinanovic or Ruben Patterson/Zach Randolph.

Now we're bringing up Darius Miles and Sebastian Telfair.

Why my Blazers always front and center on all these lists? :sadcam:
Some of y'all clearly didn't see Roy play. It was CLEAR how good he was from the break. There wasn't no need for guesswork. He was already a top-ten player and would have stayed there as long as his body held up.

Insanely clutch too.
I don't know how many people outside of Portland realized this. If "clutch" actually means, "playing better in the last five minutes than you do the rest of the game", then Brandon Roy was the most clutch player I've ever seen play basketball.
Brandon Roy - really strong all-around game on offense despite not having next-level athleticism, and was just uncanny, ridiculously good in pressure situations

The greatest series of game-winners in one game in NBA history
Except Roy.

Watching Roy play, he would literally get better when the game got stressful. It was like that crazy season where Tim Tebow could only hit passes in the 4th quarter...except Roy was already good during the game, he just became perfect at the clutch moments. Buzzer-beaters on any quarter, close games in the final 5 minutes, last-second shots...he was still a new player in the NBA, and he was just incredible. I've never seen a player who you were so confident was going to make absolutely everything. By his 3rd season he already had something like 8 game-winners.
I was going to post that. The roar of the crowd when Roy hit that shot is the greatest sports noise of my life. :banderas:
Alaa Abdelnaby

Didn't even realize he was the first Egyptian-born player in the NBA when he was with those epic Blazers' teams, I don't remember Portland media ever mentioning it. Always thought he was light-skinned Sudanese or something.
Some professional screwed me over getting me to pay $10 for a Robert Pack rookie card right after his rookie year ended.

You look back, he wasn't even good his rookie year. But for some reason we were hyping him like hell because he had a couple scoring runs here and there during the season.

Turns out, that was pretty much his career highlight.

Brian Grant was the man! Remember the series where he stood strong against Malone and got called for blocking fouls because Malone slammed his elbow into Grant's nose?

As a man, Brian Grant was probably one of my top 3 favorite Blazers ever.

J.R. was one of the most talented ballers out there. If only he wasn't dumb as a doorknob....

Can't believe someone other than me actually said Robert Pack.

The number of Blazers on this list is :snoop: status.

Miles had probably the greatest meaningless box-score stuffing game in NBA history.

47 points, 12 boards, 4 steals, 5 blocks coming off the bench in the last game of the season for a completely shyt team.

Portland's starters in that game were Stoudamire, Sebastian Telfair, Ruben Patterson, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, and Joel Pryzbilla.
Not to mention all the Jordan draft scenarios. But my personal favorite is Sabonis.

* Portland drafts Sabonis with the 24th pick in the 1986 draft. However, the Soviets force him to continue playing in Russia, where he had already experienced an injury due to being overplayed
* In 1988 USSR allows Sabonis to go to Portland to rehab his achilles injury. Portland performs a surgery, but tells them to let him rest because it's not fully healed.
* USSR refuses to listen and plays Sabonis in the Olympics. An injured Sabonis leads the Soviets to the 1988 Olympic gold, even going toe-to-toe with a healthy David Robinson
* Sabonis's legs are never the same again. He doesn't go over to the NBA until 1995, old and decrepit, and still puts together a 16-10-3 and 1.2 blocks/game season. Is the starting center for the 2000 Blazers team that should have won the title, refs had to get him out of the game because Shaq was gonna lose with him in there

If the Soviets had let Sabonis's injury heal and let him come over in the 1980s, Portland would have destroyed the league. Duckworth at center was their weakest link. Lineup would have been Porter Drexler Kersey Buck Sabonis. Sharpshooters Drazen Petrovic and Danny Ainge off the bench along with versatile big man Cliff Robinson

That team would have killed. Scorers everywhere, passing everywhere, top rebounders in the league at every position, Drexler/Porter's long arms in the passing lanes, and now they'd have one of the top rim protectors in the world there too. They took prime Jordan to 6 games in 1992 with Duckworth at center useless on both ends....they would have certainly won with prime Sabonis there instead.
The Blazer what-ifs alone are depressing as hell.

1978: What if Bill Walton hadn't gotten injured and his career wrecked when the defending champ Blazers were 50-10 and looked destined to repeat? How many titles would that team have won and would they have been regarded as one of the greatest squads ever?

1983: What if the Blazers had drafted Jordan instead of Sam Bowie? What kind of magic would the Jordan-Drexler Blazers have pulled off?

1985: What if young and healthy Sabonis had actually been allowed to come to the Portland team that drafted him instead of being wasted in the USSR? How many dynasties would have gotten shook (Lakers? Pistons? Bulls? Rockets?) by an already 60+ win Blazers team whose only weak spot would have been filled by one of the top centers in the world????

2000: What if the refs hadn't given the Lakers a 37 to 16 free throw advantage in Game 7 and fouled both Scottie and Sabonis out of the game so Kobe/Shaq could squeak out a narrow victory. Would the Jail Blazers have won a title that year? Would the Lakers have crumbled to infighting even earlier?

2007: What if the Blazers had drafted Durant instead of Oden? How could would the Brandon Roy-Kevin Durant-LaMarcus Aldridge Blazers have been? Would they have been able to take out Miami in 2012? Would LMA ever leave for the Spurs and KD ever bolt for the Warriors in that scenario?

2009-11: What if Brandon Roy and Greg Oden had knees that held together? The Blazers 2006 and 2007 drafts were among the most talented two-year streaks of all time (Roy-LMA-Oden-Fernandez-Rodriguez), if 3/5 of that squad hadn't gotten knocked out of the league due to injuries, could they have done something?
Greg Oden and Brandon Roy are right up there too.

And the refs in Game 7 of the 2000 WCF.

Being a Blazer fan for the last thirty years has been :mjcry:
This Sabonis story was before he joined the team, but it deserves to be on here too:

"[Sabonis] developed more than a passing relationship with a bottle of vodka, a condition that former SI writer Curry Kirkpatrick memorably labeled as "Stolichnaya elbow." — I heard the same priceless Sabonis/vodka story from both Marciulionis and Dallas Mavericks general manager Donnie Nelson, who was an assistant coach on the Lithuanian team that won a bronze medal at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics.

After the Lithuanians defeated the Unified team for the bronze -- a victory fraught with meaning since the Unifieds represented, to the Lithuanians, the very Soviet empire against which they had fought for their independence -- the closing ceremonies were still hours away. "That's far too much time for a Lithuanian," Nelson told me, smiling.

Sabonis and his teammates ventured back to the Olympic dormitory, where Sabonis challenged fellow Olympians in arm wrestling for shots. One by one, wrestlers and shot putters among them, Sabonis beat them. By the time of the award ceremony, three Lithuanians did not make it to the podium. Sabonis was one of them. “I knew how they used to roll,” said Chris Mullin, part of the United States’ Dream Team. “I think they came out with their tie-dye on. They did what the Deadheads do. They got loosened up. Made use of their free time.”

Sabonis was located a couple of days later in one of the women’s Olympic dormitories.
Trailblazers fan here. Just felt like there hardly been shyt to see in our team since Roy left.

I grew up with the team from the very beginning of the Drexler/Porter/Kersey/Williams/Duckworth era, from the moment they came together up through two heartbreaking Finals and then Drexler S's departure. It was a quick transition to Sabonis and Rasheed, which eventually brought the Stoudamire/Smith/Pippen/Wallace/Sabonis team and another near title that ended in a heartbreaking ref-aided collapse. They dissolved into the jailblazer years, which were at least entertaining, and then the incredible two seasons where we drafted Roy, Aldridge, Odom, Batum, Fernandez, and Rodriguez all at once. THAT team had sick potential, they just couldn't fukking stay healthy. And Roy was my favorite player ever. His health collapse on the heels of Odom and Fernandez coming apart was too much.
Blazers were idiots not giving Petrovic a bigger spotlight and then the breh died young. :mjcry:

I was looking the other day and he put up 20+ppg on damn near 52/45/90 splits in his two years starting.
Detlef was a straight-up baller, and I liked him. He played for my Blazers in the twilight of his career. But I don't think he'd be an all-star in this era. He'd start for a lot of teams though. Just my opinion.
My main issue is that the NBA quality degrades when roster spots and "developmental" time are taken up by young players who aren't ready yet rather than vets who make the team better. I remember the Blazers drafting Jermaine O'Neal out of high school and just sitting on him for three years...there was literally no point to that except that they knew he'd eventually be good.
You forgot Buck Williams off that team?
My sister partied with the jailblazers back when she was a teenager. Her close friend worked for Nike and was extremely cute - so Zach and Qyntel kept hitting on her. She got invited to parties and took my sister along with her as backup cause she didn't want to get involved in anything with those guys. I know they partied with Damon, and Scottie was around at least once. I was a huge Portland fan but living in Inglewood at the time - it was utter ridiculousness to know that she was at a party with THAT team of all teams.

Here's a story no one told yet. Late in the Jailblazer era they lost Sabonis, so they picked up this massive 7'4" Serbian dude Nedžad Sinanović to replace him. Then the next year they decided to hedge their bets by adding this massive ass Korean center Ha Seung-Jin. 7'3", easily over 300 pounds.

Both were fukking awful.

So one day during summer in the practice facility, they were working out against each other playing one-on-one and Nedžad was giving Ha that work, apparently. They started jawing, who knows in what fukking language (neither could speak English worth a damn).

In order to wind up they have a free-throw shooting contest, and when he makes his shot Nedžad holds onto the ball too long. Ha gets pissed off and grabs the ball from him. Nedžad says something to set him off, and then they just start whaling on each other.

Fifteen feet and 600 pounds of humanity throwing hands.

Ha gets popped in the face, they both go to the ground still punching/fighting each other, the trainers get up in there trying to break it up without getting killed.

Finally the trainers manage to separate them to opposite sides of the practice facility to cool off. Then it gets better.

Ha goes to "cool off" in the weight room, but grabs one of those long wooden poles they use for stretching and comes out swinging it like a fukking samurai sword and screaming Korean curses while running straight at Nedžad. Nedžad took two shots with the stick before someone else was able to rip it away and throw it across the court.
:mindblown:

Then the next day they make up and were cool with each other.

That's the level of fukkkery those Jailblazers were on. Even the no-English-speaking foreigners were all caught up in it.

I think I've named every single Blazer player from the last 30 years at some point. :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
1987. I've probably hated the Lakers for longer than you've been alive. :russ:

No one can accuse me of being a fake Blazers fan when I've written threads like this one or especially this one or write comments like this one. There's no way that ANYONE who wasn't a huge Blazer fan could have just made the connection to that shyt off the top of their head from 25+ years ago.

Other obvious Blazer stan comments:

I think I've named every single Blazer player from the last 30 years at some point. :ohhh:

Breh it's Saturday go get some air :russ:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Yes, I have exponentially more posts in the thread that exists than I have in the thread that doesn't exist. :mjlol:

There are mad receipts that I'm a lifelong Blazers fan, including the fact that I repeatedly tell stories on the bball board that no one who is not a blazers fan would ever know. My dad moved from LA to Portland for work when I was a little kid, and I moved back to LA when I was a teenager. I've spent most of my life as a Portland fan surrounded by LA fanboys. It's like home here.

I've probably hated the Lakers for longer than you've been alive. :russ:

So as a self admitted lifelong Laker hater get outta our thread having the audacity to question anyone’s fandom and just overall being a hoe nikka...go start a blazers thread and type your paragraphs in there

:camby:

or will your lust for Lebron simply won’t allow it

Status
Not open for further replies.