2/8/24 WRESTLEMANIA 40 KICKOFF PRESS CONFERENCE 7E/4P LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS (THE ROCK/ROMAN REIGNS/CODY RHODES/CM PUNK; ROCK SLAPS FIRE OUTTA CODY!)

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Rock looks like he's gearing back into rare form promo wise.

In ring I just hope he doesn't tear all his muscles.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Crazy part is that Rock wasn’t exaggerating either.

https://x.com/ankit_wfn/status/1755671047867621386?s=46&t=amPFcK1V9TVqsTtu3vT4CQ

Grown ass men, crying.:dead:
"I nor any member of the Nightmare Family have any athothiathion with thith man."
iaQBPtd.png

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
@Raw Sauce That can all work but Cody would have to do double duty too, if the heel is going to. Otherwise he looks like a chump babyface who took out a battered Roman who fought the night before.

Time will tell in 30 minutes though :dj2:

See WM10.

At this point it seems like Seth/Cody and Roman/Rock on Night 1 and the two winners face each other Night 2.
:jbhmm:

I never liked the "Two nights of Roman thing" because it makes no sense, in kayfabe, for Roman (the ultimate stacker of decks) to disadvantage himself defending to two most valuable things to his character to what...be a workhorse champ like Seth?

This actually makes sense.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm honestly baffled a lot of brehs didn't expect Rock to actually do something about this. Of course he was going to try to flip the situation towards a positive, that's what he has always done as a performer.

Whenever the crowd is not behind is when he actually gets creative and does some entertaining shyt. It was one of the reasons the Cena feud was so clunky, because he couldn't just bury dude nor the fans. So in the end we ended up with a so-so version of babyface Rock.

Now we probably gonna get him and Gewirtz at their best.

I actually hope he gets boed like crazy tonight because that's gonna motivate him even more :blessed:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'm honestly baffled a lot of brehs didn't expect Rock to actually do something about this. Of course he was going to try to flip the situation towards a positive, that's what he has always done as a performer.

Whenever the crowd is not behind is when he actually gets creative and does some entertaining shyt. It was one of the reasons the Cena feud was so clunky, because he couldn't just bury dude nor the fans. So in the end we ended up with a so-so version of babyface Rock.

Now we probably gonna get him and Gewirtz at their best.

I actually hope he gets boed like crazy tonight because that's gonna motivate him even more :blessed:
You’re less likely for him to go heel now than when he was feuding with Cena because Roman is the biggest heel in over a decade.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You’re less likely for him to go heel now than when he was feuding with Cena because Roman is the biggest heel in over a decade.
It's not even about being a heel, it's about him actually interacting with the crowd and working from there. The Cena feud he was walking on eggshells the entire time, it was weird as fukk. The only promo you could tell he was comfortable with was the (infamous?) 9 minute Facebook video that ignited the whole thing.

This time around he doesn't have to worry about Cody because he's incredibly beloved by all of WWE's fanbase and Roman is already made so he can just go out there and try shyt out.

Not every joke/bit/catchphrase is gonna work, but he's at least gonna put some fukking effort into it and he's gonna have way more hits than misses :manny:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. Still doesn’t make sense.

So now Cody agreed to some deal with a heel that’s talking shyt about his fans to hurt Roman :gucci:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It's not even about being a heel, it's about him actually interacting with the crowd and working from there. The Cena feud he was walking on eggshells the entire time, it was weird as fukk. The only promo you could tell he was comfortable with was the (infamous?) 9 minute Facebook video that ignited the whole thing.

This time around he doesn't have to worry about Cody because he's incredibly beloved by all of WWE's fanbase and Roman is already made so he can just go out there and try shyt out.

Not every joke/bit/catchphrase is gonna work, but he's at least gonna put some fukking effort into it and he's gonna have way more hits than misses :manny:
That's cause Cena was lowkey cooking his ass and playing dirty :russ:

He probably had seen that type of shyt since HHH used to do it to him back in the day.