2/8/24 WRESTLEMANIA 40 KICKOFF PRESS CONFERENCE 7E/4P LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS (THE ROCK/ROMAN REIGNS/CODY RHODES/CM PUNK; ROCK SLAPS FIRE OUTTA CODY!)

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
I'm sticking to my guns that ALL of this is a work. I've been on that train since the day after Smackdown and everything that's happened since only makes me more resolute in that feeling. The genuine acknowledgement of the entire situation on air and on social media by the announcers and the other wrasslers, the signs passed out at multiple shows backing Cody, the fact that everyone has spoken about this situation except Cody, all these backstage reports that make no sense...

The SI writer being fed misleading information not long before all of this should be the biggest clue to everyone that all of the chatter coming out from sources are part of this work, whether knowingly or otherwise. The thing is, this writer isn't part of the wrasslin landscape and cared more about his legitimate credibility so he immediately published a retraction once he realized he was duped whereas the wrasslin media are doubling down, refusing to admit that they're being worked too.

They WANT you to think Cody is being stupid in the story
They WANT you to think Rock is being an a$$hole in real life
They WANT you to be furious and generate conversation

I said it at the time, the magic of wrasslin is when they can make you think something that isn't real, is real and we've lost that for decades. Kayfabe now is working us on the behind the scenes machinations, not what happens in the ring.

I think Rock and Cody are working together to trick the Tribal Chief into two matches because it's been shown that no one can defeat the entire Bloodline alone. Roman would never knowingly agree to fight Rock with the fate of the Bloodline at stake, but he thinks Rock is coming for the title. He certainly wouldn't agree to take on Rock at WM unless thought Cody would step aside. The "counsel" Rock gave to Cody was them hatching this plan together. Cody would never give up on finishing his story and The People's Champ would never take this ending away from the people.

So Roman signs the contract with Rock and THEN Cody reminds Roman he can still pick who he wants because he has an open contract and he still wants Roman. Roman is livid but there's nothing he can do about it now, his name is on two contracts at WM. The only concrete thing Cody has told us in all of this is that he wanted to take everything from Roman. This isn't just about taking the title, it's about the taking Bloodline. One way or another, Roman loses control of the Bloodline in his dealings with Rock (on the road to WM or at the event) and then Cody is free to take on Roman one on one, where he defeats him for the title.

Cody isn't being dumb here, quite the opposite.
Rock isn't being an a$$hole here, quite the opposite
They're getting people legitimately angry right before they give them the desired yet expected ending
All while making Cody's name a mainstream topic of conversation

That's what originally made this business work and that what's happening right now on the biggest level in decades.

Note: I do think Seth/Punk getting injured has forced them to reshuffle some things on that side but it has no real bearing on their overall plan for Cody/Roman/Rock outside of possibly changing the layout of when the matches occur at WM.

05martin-scorsese3-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

That said, I'm not about to get pressed and argue angrily over this, I'm going to wait and see what happens. If the real booking thru WM doesn't match my speculation but the outcome is still interesting and makes me feel something, then they've still delivered in my eyes. I'm not here to steer the ship, I'm here for the ride.

See ya'll at 7.
full

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'm sticking to my guns that ALL of this is a work. I've been on that train since the day after Smackdown and everything that's happened since only makes me more resolute in that feeling. The genuine acknowledgement of the entire situation on air and on social media by the announcers and the other wrasslers, the signs passed out at multiple shows backing Cody, the fact that everyone has spoken about this situation except Cody, all these backstage reports that make no sense...

The SI writer being fed misleading information not long before all of this should be the biggest clue to everyone that all of the chatter coming out from sources are part of this work, whether knowingly or otherwise. The thing is, this writer isn't part of the wrasslin landscape and cared more about his legitimate credibility so he immediately published a retraction once he realized he was duped whereas the wrasslin media are doubling down, refusing to admit that they're being worked too.

They WANT you to think Cody is being stupid in the story
They WANT you to think Rock is being an a$$hole in real life
They WANT you to be furious and generate conversation

I said it at the time, the magic of wrasslin is when they can make you think something that isn't real, is real and we've lost that for decades. Kayfabe now is working us on the behind the scenes machinations, not what happens in the ring.

I think Rock and Cody are working together to trick the Tribal Chief into two matches because it's been shown that no one can defeat the entire Bloodline alone. Roman would never knowingly agree to fight Rock with the fate of the Bloodline at stake, but he thinks Rock is coming for the title. He certainly wouldn't agree to take on Rock at WM unless thought Cody would step aside. The "counsel" Rock gave to Cody was them hatching this plan together. Cody would never give up on finishing his story and The People's Champ would never take this ending away from the people.

So Roman signs the contract with Rock and THEN Cody reminds Roman he can still pick who he wants because he has an open contract and he still wants Roman. Roman is livid but there's nothing he can do about it now, his name is on two contracts at WM. The only concrete thing Cody has told us in all of this is that he wanted to take everything from Roman. This isn't just about taking the title, it's about the taking Bloodline. One way or another, Roman loses control of the Bloodline in his dealings with Rock (on the road to WM or at the event) and then Cody is free to take on Roman one on one, where he defeats him for the title.

Cody isn't being dumb here, quite the opposite.
Rock isn't being an a$$hole here, quite the opposite
They're getting people legitimately angry right before they give them the desired yet expected ending
All while making Cody's name a mainstream topic of conversation

That's what originally made this business work and that what's happening right now on the biggest level in decades.

Note: I do think Seth/Punk getting injured has forced them to reshuffle some things on that side but it has no real bearing on their overall plan for Cody/Roman/Rock outside of possibly changing the layout of when the matches occur at WM.

05martin-scorsese3-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

That said, I'm not about to get pressed and argue angrily over this, I'm going to wait and see what happens. If the real booking thru WM doesn't match my speculation but the outcome is still interesting and makes me feel something, then they've still delivered in my eyes. I'm not here to steer the ship, I'm here for the ride.

See ya'll at 7.
full

You're REALLY talented.

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
The Rock turning heel wouldn’t even make sense when Roman is already heel. It’s still fukk Rock and we want Cody.