2/8/24 WRESTLEMANIA 40 KICKOFF PRESS CONFERENCE 7E/4P LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS (THE ROCK/ROMAN REIGNS/CODY RHODES/CM PUNK; ROCK SLAPS FIRE OUTTA CODY!)

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Perfect :mjgrin: they crying even more and
juelz-talking.gif

doubling down, corporate rock

we witnessing cinema tonite :wow:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The Rock turning heel wouldn’t even make sense when Roman is already heel. It’s still fukk Rock and we want Cody.
It ain't about being heel. The Rock character is a heel by nature..so the back talking won't do shyt..he's the boss of all bosses on the mic. You thought he was gonna take it like Cody did in AEW or Cena in the WWE? What on earth? Lol

You thought someone sending death threats to his daughter was gonna calm the Rock down? He bleeds Attitude Era..lol

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Liggins, we all know you're just a contrarian who complains about everyone to feed your superiority complex...the same way you always like to point out hypocrisy in things that don't matter, all in an effort to 'be right'...it has been this way for what now...15 years? we really don't care :heh:

But you responded though. :mjgrin:

And everyone is wrong but me. Even you @Jesus H. Christ. If anyone should know this law of nature, it should be you.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I'm sticking to my guns that ALL of this is a work. I've been on that train since the day after Smackdown and everything that's happened since only makes me more resolute in that feeling. The genuine acknowledgement of the entire situation on air and on social media by the announcers and the other wrasslers, the signs passed out at multiple shows backing Cody, the fact that everyone has spoken about this situation except Cody, all these backstage reports that make no sense...

The SI writer being fed misleading information not long before all of this should be the biggest clue to everyone that all of the chatter coming out from sources are part of this work, whether knowingly or otherwise. The thing is, this writer isn't part of the wrasslin landscape and cared more about his legitimate credibility so he immediately published a retraction once he realized he was duped whereas the wrasslin media are doubling down, refusing to admit that they're being worked too.

They WANT you to think Cody is being stupid in the story
They WANT you to think Rock is being an a$$hole in real life
They WANT you to be furious and generate conversation

I said it at the time, the magic of wrasslin is when they can make you think something that isn't real, is real and we've lost that for decades. Kayfabe now is working us on the behind the scenes machinations, not what happens in the ring.

I think Rock and Cody are working together to trick the Tribal Chief into two matches because it's been shown that no one can defeat the entire Bloodline alone. Roman would never knowingly agree to fight Rock with the fate of the Bloodline at stake, but he thinks Rock is coming for the title. He certainly wouldn't agree to take on Rock at WM unless thought Cody would step aside. The "counsel" Rock gave to Cody was them hatching this plan together. Cody would never give up on finishing his story and The People's Champ would never take this ending away from the people.

So Roman signs the contract with Rock and THEN Cody reminds Roman he can still pick who he wants because he has an open contract and he still wants Roman. Roman is livid but there's nothing he can do about it now, his name is on two contracts at WM. The only concrete thing Cody has told us in all of this is that he wanted to take everything from Roman. This isn't just about taking the title, it's about the taking Bloodline. One way or another, Roman loses control of the Bloodline in his dealings with Rock (on the road to WM or at the event) and then Cody is free to take on Roman one on one, where he defeats him for the title.

Cody isn't being dumb here, quite the opposite.
Rock isn't being an a$$hole here, quite the opposite
They're getting people legitimately angry right before they give them the desired yet expected ending
All while making Cody's name a mainstream topic of conversation

That's what originally made this business work and that what's happening right now on the biggest level in decades.

Note: I do think Seth/Punk getting injured has forced them to reshuffle some things on that side but it has no real bearing on their overall plan for Cody/Roman/Rock outside of possibly changing the layout of when the matches occur at WM.

05martin-scorsese3-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

That said, I'm not about to get pressed and argue angrily over this, I'm going to wait and see what happens. If the real booking thru WM doesn't match my speculation but the outcome is still interesting and makes me feel something, then they've still delivered in my eyes. I'm not here to steer the ship, I'm here for the ride.

See ya'll at 7.
full

That's a good story but how do you explain the Rock's pivot to heelish antics? Cody is going to have to address the crybabies comments, especially with the Rock doubling down. An interesting wrinkle to your story would be the Rock and Cody did plan to take Roman down together via trickery but it slowly falls apart because the Rock can't stomach the fans turning on him and the resentment leads to him turning on Cody.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
@Raw Sauce That can all work but Cody would have to do double duty too, if the heel is going to. Otherwise he looks like a chump babyface who took out a battered Roman who fought the night before.

Time will tell in 30 minutes though :dj2:

itiswhatitis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Raw Sauce That can all work but Cody would have to do double duty too, if the heel is going to. Otherwise he looks like a chump babyface who took out a battered Roman who fought the night before.

See WM10.

At this point it seems like Seth/Cody and Roman/Rock on Night 1 and the two winners face each other Night 2.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps

I'm fine with that.

That said, Roman doesn't have to lose to the Rock to lose the Bloodline, he could just go too far and they abandon him.
:jbhmm:

Also, it could give Roman cover for a rubber match at Summerslam. There's a lot of ways it could go.

• Dap
Reactions: CJ

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
That's how it would have to go yeah. Cody leaving with both straps though.. :patrice:
Seth shouldn't have called it the Dusty title if he didn't want Cody to take that one too
:ufdup:

I'd prefer that tbh

One true top champ, can pop up on any show. Cody's the guy by far so I'd wager the networks would rather share him than for one of them to get Seth/Drew/Sami/etc and I feel like Cody would be up to working both shows.

Each show gets one men's champ, one women's champ, and hopefully one tag champ.

EDIT:
I forgot about the women's tag titles
:skip:

Last edited:

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
That's a good story but how do you explain the Rock's pivot to heelish antics? Cody is going to have to address the crybabies comments, especially with the Rock doubling down. An interesting wrinkle to your story would be the Rock and Cody did plan to take Roman down together via trickery but it slowly falls apart because the Rock can't stomach the fans turning on him and the resentment leads to him turning on Cody.
A simple enough explanation would be they had to sell it to Roman. Rock can easily justify this with his charisma and a smile and most of the crowd would forgive him, especially if he helps Cody. shyt, Rock used to insult fans as a face in his prime. But this could be a program for Rock and Cody later on like you said.