2/8/24 WRESTLEMANIA 40 KICKOFF PRESS CONFERENCE 7E/4P LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS (THE ROCK/ROMAN REIGNS/CODY RHODES/CM PUNK; ROCK SLAPS FIRE OUTTA CODY!)

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The most exciting part was the tease of power struggle with Rock and Triple H. They can make this all look passable using that underlying storyline. Fantasy bookers dream right now, still got Elimination Chamber to add more plot point. No doubt in my mind right now this is all being done to garner Cody as much mainstream attention for his WM match, by proxy of just rubbing shoulders with Rocky

Rock vs Triple H coming to a WM near you :troll:

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
i feel like mania is mania no matter what. I'm curious to know the difference in revenue between 38 and 39 with Cody in the main event. most mania watchers are likely those who have been watching from before. look at the huge pop he got when he came back to face Seth. what was that at 38 right? they could book any match and mania would still be successful because of how big the spectacle is. its like the super bowl. it could be teams nobody likes but people are still gonna watch cuz its tradition. i dont think the stars of today are as big household names like the rock, austin, undertaker, hbk, and even older generation ones like hogan, savage, flair, were back in the day but thats cuz the business was much bigger in popularity back then outside the industry, of course now the finances are much bigger. the interest would've been the same with or without this. i wouldn't be surprised if most of the target audience they wanted from the rocks films were already wrestling fans, especially since most of us grew up with him in attitude era. i dont think he was bringing in fans that weren't here already and neither was cody.
Which was Vince's intention. But the intention here is to make Cody and Roman's names big in the mainstream. It's not just about ticket sales to WM, it's about getting more people to watch on Netflix, sell more merch, and I believe eventually move some of the PLEs back to PPV. At the end of the day, I've seen it anecdotally, people who never ask me shyt about wrasslin are hitting me up asking who Cody Rhodes is and why are people mad at the Rock. Is every one of those people gonna tune in? No. But I got a few that have asked if I'm gonna have a watch party so I'm telling ya'll, there *is* more interest in this now than there was before.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which was Vince's intention. But the intention here is to make Cody and Roman's names big in the mainstream. It's not just about ticket sales to WM, it's about getting more people to watch on Netflix, sell more merch, and I believe eventually move some of the PLEs back to PPV. At the end of the day, I've seen it anecdotally, people who never ask me shyt about wrasslin are hitting me up asking who Cody Rhodes is and why are people mad at the Rock. Is every one of those people gonna tune in? No. But I got a few that have asked if I'm gonna have a watch party so I'm telling ya'll, there *is* more interest in this now than there was before.

Yea anyone talking about ticket sales with Mania is missing the point majorly. The point this yr, other than of course to have a huge wrestling show, is to use Rock to get eyes on Roman and whoever else and help make them mainstream stars.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Do you think there is more conversation and interest in this rematch now than if they hadn't done all of this?
Do more people know Cody Rhodes now than before this?
Yes or No?
Cody was damm near trending for like 3 days this fukkery has put away more eyeball on him mainstream wise to causal
Why are they mad at The Rock let me check out the fuss over this Cody guy real quick
Cody going to get that same stimulus that Cena got from working with Rock

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
The most exciting part was the tease of power struggle with Rock and Triple H. They can make this all look passable using that underlying storyline.
I'd love to see Rock at some point bring up how HHH and HBK tried to sabotage him early in his career and now he's thier boss :win:

Last edited: