2/8/24 WRESTLEMANIA 40 KICKOFF PRESS CONFERENCE 7E/4P LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS (THE ROCK/ROMAN REIGNS/CODY RHODES/CM PUNK; ROCK SLAPS FIRE OUTTA CODY!)

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I think it's pretty clear where they're going with Rock/Cody/Roman

The only thing that isn't clear is who Seth is facing...but I don't think anyone actually gives AF

They need to have Drew challenge Seth so the WHC doesn't lose face. In a way, I feel bad for Seth because his WrestleMania plans were locked in, but Punk getting injured put him in a position where he's out there fighting for himself.

At least with Drew, you know he's going to carry his weight as much as possible and make that match must-see. That segment they had in December is something they can build on.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Do you think there is more conversation and interest in this rematch now than if they hadn't done all of this?
Do more people know Cody Rhodes now than before this?
Yes or No?

i feel like mania is mania no matter what. I'm curious to know the difference in revenue between 38 and 39 with Cody in the main event. most mania watchers are likely those who have been watching from before. look at the huge pop he got when he came back to face Seth. what was that at 38 right? they could book any match and mania would still be successful because of how big the spectacle is. its like the super bowl. it could be teams nobody likes but people are still gonna watch cuz its tradition. i dont think the stars of today are as big household names like the rock, austin, undertaker, hbk, and even older generation ones like hogan, savage, flair, were back in the day but thats cuz the business was much bigger in popularity back then outside the industry, of course now the finances are much bigger. the interest would've been the same with or without this. i wouldn't be surprised if most of the target audience they wanted from the rocks films were already wrestling fans, especially since most of us grew up with him in attitude era. i dont think he was bringing in fans that weren't here already and neither was cody.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I think it's pretty clear where they're going with Rock/Cody/Roman

The only thing that isn't clear is who Seth is facing...but I don't think anyone actually gives AF

Damn, Seth got buried 2x. They doing him dirty @ this point.

I bet he cries to Becky at night saying "why they gotta do me like that ? :mjcry: "

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need to have Drew challenge Seth so the WHC doesn't lose face. In a way, I feel bad for Seth because his WrestleMania plans were locked in, but Punk getting injured put him in a position where he's out there fighting for himself.

At least with Drew, you know he's going to carry his weight as much as possible and make that match must-see. That segment they had in December is something they can build on.

Seth's match is obviously the B side, but Drew vs Seth is the best option at this stage and the match will get a pretty good reaction. Despite being more over than Drew, Cody vs Seth is a bad idea imo

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the fukk was the point in all this if H was gonna make the decision himself? :gucci:
Yall think everything a work when its more than obvious Rock doing what he want and nikkas trying to work around it. I never seen Roman so confused:mjlol:

That Triple H tweet is a reactionary "This still my fukkin show" tweet