2/8/24 ESPN: Teofimo Lopez vs Jamaine Ortiz (WBO Super Lightweight Title) / Keyshawn Davis vs Jose Pedraza

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
So Instead of speaking for everyone why not speak on behalf of you and your three homies then.

Y'all didn't like the fight, we get it. It doesn't mean it's ok to fxck ppl over and reward a man who clearly lost. Boxing is judged on 4 specific criteria and until that changes, this business shyt does not and should not factor into the outcome of a sanctioned title fight.

Some of us, Crawford included, watch boxing because we are interested in who the better competitor is on a given night, not who makes the best "business decisions" or who has the most bread
There were people who scored the fight for Lopez or a draw.

ortiz fukked over himself, as a fighter he should have known winning a decision fighting that style was risky business.

He is sitting in his hotel now wishing he would have did more, and left it all in the ring.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I will have to watch the Martin fight again but it did look like Teo defense was a little better in this fight because Ortiz didn't land a bunch of his flurries. Ortiz threw nearly double what Martin did but landed close to the same but that is comparing 10 round fight to a 12 round.
i remember martin clocking teo over and over again with check hooks...countered repeatedly..he made no adjustment...the only break he got was the fact that a headbutt broke martin's nose...teo had a whole mental breakdown in his corner talking about do i still got it.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i remember martin clocking teo over and over again with check hooks...countered repeatedly..he made no adjustment...the only break he got was the fact that a headbutt broke martin's nose...teo had a whole mental breakdown in his corner talking about do i still got it.
I would argue that Lopez was having a bit of a mental break in this fight. It was clear that he and his pops felt they were losing.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Lopez is really struggling with Ortiz’ movement. He just hasn’t been there to hit easily. I have Ortiz up on the cards. #LopezOrtiz
The fights that they fight on come up are never against movers because it’s boring and doesn’t produce knockouts like going against a Mexican style fighter who isn’t good.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
There were people who scored the fight for Lopez or a draw.

ortiz fukked over himself, as a fighter he should have known winning a decision fighting that style was risky business.

He is sitting in his hotel now wishing he would have did more, and left it all in the ring.

None of these ppl had Lopez winning a unanimous decision. Not even his own father. Stop it man. There's playing it safe, and then theres getting robbed on some complete nonsense.

As Ortiz indicated in post fight he implemented a specific game plan meant to neutralize Lopez and leave him flustered and powerless. And that's exactly what he did. He then said after what just happened to him, the only way to win that fight would be to knock him smooth the fxck out and he's right.

This isn't the slam dunk contest. Boxing is to be scored on specific criteria. Any judge who scored 117 for Lopez had their mind made up before the bell breh. He had no chance whether the fight was action packed or not.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
nikka I dont give a fukk about what you care about.

Ortiz should care tho, because unlike a lot of you nikkas I buy a lot of ppvs, I go to the fights. I actually support the sport with my dollars.

This fight hurts his stock, this fight makes other top names not wanna fight him. Ortiz at the end of the day not only lost the fight, but he lost potential fans moving forward. boxing is a business. he made a terrible business decision fighting like a track star.

Me and 3 of my homies have a boxing group chat, and everyone was frustrated by how Ortiz fought. Im the most hardcore ran of all my homies. I bet you non of these nikkas will ever check for Ortiz again.
:dead:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
While i think Ortiz won the fight I think being the challenger and knowing the politics you have to be a little more agressive. I think he could have had the same exact gameplan but just thrown so more punches

With that said it was a great game plan because Teo is flat footed and struggles with anyone who can move halfway decently and won’t stand there and trade punches with him

Though Teo hasn’t shown the same power since he moved to 140 so I’m not sure if Ortiz should have even worried about his power and engaging with him as much as he did
You don't take someones belt fighting like Ortiz did.