2/8/24 ESPN: Teofimo Lopez vs Jamaine Ortiz (WBO Super Lightweight Title) / Keyshawn Davis vs Jose Pedraza

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps

nikkas always use this argument to defend dudes like Ortiz.

No one wants to see that bullshyt.

most importantly, no body wants to pay to watch that bullshyt.

let’s say Ortiz won the belt, if I’m Haney, Matias, or romero why would I wanna fight Ortiz after seeing that?

that style of boxing isn’t good for business and not fun to watch.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps

let’s say Ortiz won the belt, if I’m Haney, Matias, or romero why would I wanna fight Ortiz after seeing that?

Speak for yourself. Some people actually care about competition and also want to see who the better boxer is. A fight is gonna play out how it plays out. If Lopez didn't have any answers and couldn't fxcking do anything he shouldn't be rewarded with a fxcking unanimous decision FOH.

It's still a sport at the end of the day. It's never ok to take a world class athlete and rip his hard work away because the fight wasn't "exciting". It was a Thursday night you could have watched basketball or some shyt. I don't care how bored you were, Ortiz won that shyt.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

thankfully thats not how ortiz usually fights....this fight plan was based off how martin fought teo...the only thing he didnt do was enough of the sticking part...so it came off as spoilerish whereas martin was putting hands on teo and dropped him a couple of times

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
thankfully thats not how ortiz usually fights....this fight plan was based off how martin fought teo...the only thing he didnt do was enough of the sticking part...so it came off as spoilerish whereas martin was putting hands on teo and dropped him a couple of times

This!!!

Ortiz didn't really touch up Lopez until the last quarter/third of the fight. I thought it was a brilliant fight plan and still don't think Lopez did enough but I think the cards look different if Ortiz is just a tad bit more aggressive.

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
Speak for yourself. Some people actually care about competition and also want to see who the better boxer is. A fight is gonna play out how it plays out. If Lopez didn't have any answers and couldn't fxcking do anything he shouldn't be rewarded with a fxcking unanimous decision FOH.

It's still a sport at the end of the day. It's never ok to take a world class athlete and rip his hard work away because the fight wasn't "exciting". It was a Thursday night you could have watched basketball or some shyt. I don't care how bored you were, Ortiz won that shyt.

nikka I dont give a fukk about what you care about.

Ortiz should care tho, because unlike a lot of you nikkas I buy a lot of ppvs, I go to the fights. I actually support the sport with my dollars.

This fight hurts his stock, this fight makes other top names not wanna fight him. Ortiz at the end of the day not only lost the fight, but he lost potential fans moving forward. boxing is a business. he made a terrible business decision fighting like a track star.

Me and 3 of my homies have a boxing group chat, and everyone was frustrated by how Ortiz fought. Im the most hardcore ran of all my homies. I bet you non of these nikkas will ever check for Ortiz again.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While i think Ortiz won the fight I think being the challenger and knowing the politics you have to be a little more agressive. I think he could have had the same exact gameplan but just thrown so more punches

With that said it was a great game plan because Teo is flat footed and struggles with anyone who can move halfway decently and won’t stand there and trade punches with him

Though Teo hasn’t shown the same power since he moved to 140 so I’m not sure if Ortiz should have even worried about his power and engaging with him as much as he did

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Though Teo hasn’t shown the same power since he moved to 140 so I’m not sure if Ortiz should have even worried about his power and engaging with him as much as he did
ortiz's last fight he got clipped a couple of times and prolly decided to be more conservative with someone twitchy and explosive like teo with the game plan he used

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so that story of the Davis bros whooping Teo and his father's ass over saying nikka is true? lol

This is the social media era we either would have seen it or it would have been a big thing by now

Doubt something like that could happen in this day and age but get no further then being a internet rumor

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the social media era we either would have seen it or it would have been a big thing by now

Doubt something like that could happen in this day and age but get no further then being a internet rumor
apparently happened in the gym and it's been spoken about for awhile, don't think one of the brothers would have threw that out there casually if there wasn't some truth to it

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
nikka I dont give a fukk about what you care about.

Ortiz should care tho, because unlike a lot of you nikkas I buy a lot of ppvs, I go to the fights. I actually support the sport with my dollars.

This fight hurts his stock, this fight makes other top names not wanna fight him. Ortiz at the end of the day not only lost the fight, but he lost potential fans moving forward. boxing is a business. he made a terrible business decision fighting like a track star.

Me and 3 of my homies have a boxing group chat, and everyone was frustrated by how Ortiz fought. Im the most hardcore ran of all my homies. I bet you non of these nikkas will ever check for Ortiz again.

So Instead of speaking for everyone why not speak on behalf of you and your three homies then. Respectfully.

Y'all didn't like the fight, we get it. It doesn't mean it's ok to fxck ppl over and reward a man who clearly lost. Boxing is judged on 4 specific criteria and until that changes, this business shyt does not and should not factor into the outcome of a sanctioned title fight.

Some of us, Crawford included, watch boxing because we are interested in who the better competitor is on a given night, not who makes the best "business decisions" or who has the most bread

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Exactly. You can't judge a fight based on feelings, you got to go by the work done in the ring. Ortiz was moving and throwing punches, and Lopez was flustered.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will have to watch the Martin fight again but it did look like Teo defense was a little better in this fight because Ortiz didn't land a bunch of his flurries. Ortiz threw nearly double what Martin did but landed close to the same but that is comparing 10 round fight to a 12 round.

Last edited: