2/8/24 ESPN: Teofimo Lopez vs Jamaine Ortiz (WBO Super Lightweight Title) / Keyshawn Davis vs Jose Pedraza

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I see that a lot of people thought it was boring but I was into it lol I have no problem watching someone dancing around picking shots and countering, and taking someone out of their gameplan.
I've seen actual boring fights when both fighters barely throws any punches
far from boring but was expecting a more engaging fight, maybe i was being too optimistic.
Ortiz had a plan to win but lacked the offensive.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Btw, this reminded me of when Canelo had trouble catching and cutting off the ring with the human Gazelle Lara. I think it might be difficult to cut the ring off when someone is actively moving both ways laterally and not looking to engage. This is not your ordinary fighter where you can just cut off the ring here and there - this is someone doing everything to avoid interaction. Not the same.

I certainly had Canelo winning that fight btw because there’s no way in hell I’m giving the W to a man literally running and NOT looking to fight his opponent. And yeah, some haters had Lara winning - just like some haters have Ortiz winning now. The right man won tonight though. Anything else is just a reflection of their disdain for Teo.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Btw, this reminded me of when Canelo had trouble catching and cutting off the ring with the human Gazelle Lara. I think it might be difficult to cut the ring off when someone is actively moving both ways laterally and not looking to engage. This is not your ordinary fighter where you can just cut off the ring here and there - this is someone doing everything to avoid interaction. Not the same.

I certainly had Canelo winning that fight btw because there’s no way in hell I’m giving the W to a man literally running and NOT looking to fight his opponent. And yeah, some haters had Lara winning - just like some haters have Ortiz winning now. The right man won tonight though. Anything else is just a reflection of their disdain for Teo.
Yeah there's a big difference between fighting someone that's boxing and using legs to set up offense versus someone that's flat out running. I felt Ortiz was running tonight and completely avoiding trading. Teo needs to work on holding his opponent in position once he gets him cornered for sure, but Ortiz spent two minutes at least of every round actively running. It's hard to look good against a talented fighter that's not trying to fight. 117-111 is a ridiculous scorecard but I'm happy with the result. The fighter doing all that move has to look to establish some kind of offense.