1998 = The Most Underrated Year In Hip-Hop History

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
a couple other remixes that were superior to the original around that time:

this right here set the precedent for homemade youtubes videos. YES THIS WAS THE OFFICIAL VIDEO THAT AIRED ON THE BOX.

:stylin::stylin:
:stylin::stylin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
That remix was nice. One of those records that makes me realize i may be underestimating just how ubiquitous DMX was back at that time.

I tend to forget this myself, until I pull out the archive tapes or dig in the crates.

DMX in '98 is an elite goat year for an artist.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I tend to forget this myself, until I pull out the archive tapes or dig in the crates.

DMX in '98 is an elite goat year for an artist.

Yep. Until he dropped Flesh...

But that was like the end of the year anyway...

Wo

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hanson-3_Car_Garage.jpg

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
98 was one of the greatest years for Hip Hop.....Sheek Louch once refered to that year as the year of the collabos cuz thats when everyone was doing a track with everyone. I disagree with Op. That year was not underrated....1Too many classics plus 1998 was the year that Hip Hop for the first time became the biggest selling genre in America outdoing country which was holding the crown for a minute in the 90's. You cant be slept on when your the biggest thing of the year

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
What are the classic records from that album?

honestly, I wouldn't expect you to like that album so im not even gonna bother with all that.

but the 3 mics chit tho? the 3 mic comment is what has me going :dahell:

what up wit that?:ld:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
honestly, I wouldn't expect you to like that album so im not even gonna bother with all that.

but the 3 mics chit tho? the 3 mic comment is what has me going :dahell:

what up wit that?:ld:

Nah you right. 3 at best was pretty harsh. There was some good records on that album. But it was a disappointing follow up. I remember picking it up on release date and sitting down and listening to it, me and this other cat who also a big fan. And about halfway through we were both like "there's too many wack records for this to be good".

To me, Swizz ain't hold that record down right, and it seemed as if X had used his best rhymes and concepts on IDAHIH and just rushed another album out to cash in while he was hot.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
define classic

Mostly superior quality and consistency. With the beats rhymes and concepts. Has to be some impact - otherwise I'll call the record a personal classic.

Classics from 1998
IDAHIH
Capital Punishment
Moment Of Truth
Mos and Kweli

That's just off the top. I could be forgetting others.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no limit ran shyt back then. east n west was starting slipping right here, til the south took over in 03