1925-2025 New York Giants Thread: 100 Years in the making

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
With Chicago getting the w last night, we’re very much in the hunt for Caleb. Hopefully after the Giants get blown off the field over the next couple weeks, Schoen is able to talk some sense into Mara’s goofy ass and explain that the best way forward is to trade away their expiring contracts, attain more draft picks, and try to get that number 1 overall next year.

Most Giants fans won’t want to hear that, especially after overachieving last year, but this team just isn’t good. At all. We’re miles away from even competing in our own damn division. Gettleman fukked this team up so bad. It’s crazy.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Olinemen talent is scarce in todays league. A lot of olinemen drafted inthe first round arent even making it to a second contract. Cowboys have mutlitple first round busts from other teams on their practice squad
Evan Neal is exhibit A. Can't believe his fat ass thought it was a good idea to make that social media post given how awful he's played.
It’s very simple, the giants played WAAAAY over their heads last year, it was like a 5 win roster that Daboll won with, which is why he was the COY. They got very lucky in one score games that was no really sustainable
Reminds me of the Minnesota Vikings. Won a ton of close games and unable to replicate it the next year. In fairness to them, they've been competitive at least. Giants keep having their doors blown off.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Evan Neal is exhibit A. Can't believe his fat ass thought it was a good idea to make that social media post given how awful he's played.

Reminds me of the Minnesota Vikings. Won a ton of close games and unable to replicate it the next year. In fairness to them, they've been competitive at least. Giants keep having their doors blown off.
The funny thing with the vikings is they are actually playing better than last year, they’re just not as lucky :mjlol:

Kurt is playing much better and the defense is improved

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Eli had terrible games it was frustrating because you knew he could play better. Eli had the potential from day 1 he just needed to put it all together which he finally did in 07.

Jones on the other hand is playing exactly like he did at Duke. There is no untapped potential with Jones. This is who he is. This is who he will always be. He’s not gonna magically speed up his processing speed.he literally has no idea what he’s looking at.

His “good” year was a 15 passing TD season. Daboll and Schoen had to know this is who Jones is. It’s looking more and more obvious that this is all Mara.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
When Eli had terrible games it was frustrating because you knew he could play better. Eli had the potential from day 1 he just needed to put it all together which he finally did in 07.

Jones on the other hand is playing exactly like he did at Duke. There is no untapped potential with Jones. This is who he is. This is who he will always be. He’s not gonna magically speed up his processing speed.he literally has no idea what he’s looking at.

His “good” year was a 15 passing TD season. Daboll and Schoen had to know this is who Jones is. It’s looking more and more obvious that this is all Mara.
Seems like another one of those "this feels similar to the past" decisions. Its why Joe Judge was the head coach for bit, because he talked like an old school coach

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
While I like Daboll, I will admit he's made some questionable decisions this season (i.e keeping DJ in the game against Dallas). However, the lack of attention to his meltdown on the sidelines is crazy to me. While I certainly empathized with his reaction as a fan, showing up your starting QB (or any player for that matter) in that fashion is unexcusable from a head football coach. It's starting to feel like the NYC spotlight is becoming too much.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Lol

Theres no way yall can watch games like the Vikings playoff game, the Packers game, and the Ravens game and think that this dude is trash.

Is he worth $40m? No, but hes taking most of the blame for a flawed roster and coaching