1925-2025 New York Giants Thread: 100 Years in the making

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
:what:

Why would they hire Daboll when he's currently coaching a dumpster fire? The team's failures aren't just on Daniel Jones so he can't just quit and walk away like none of this is on him.

I'm not convinced he's a good coach. They backed into the playoffs last season and are worse now. He's shown nothing warranting a new head coaching job.

He helped made Josh Allen; then turned around and made Daniel Jones look competent. I'm not saying he's perfect, but his pros outweigh his cons, and is a clear upgrade over Staley.

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
What up brehs, it's been a minute. Damn this season has been rough. Team has been off all year. I'm just confused how we can be this bad. O-line is beyond horrible even against backup d-linemen. Neal is leaning towards a bust. What happened to Wink and the D. I was expecting growing pains with Banks and Hawkins. Kayvon had two sacks, but he doesn't look explosive. Why is Pinnock still starting?

Idk we finally had expectations with this team, but we're not even close to the Cowboys or Eagles. This isn't hindsight, I wanted to trade Barkley last season when his value was the highest. Jones contract is really on 2 yrs guaranteed so I'm not worried. My biggest concern is how we don't look competitive in these games.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What up brehs, it's been a minute. Damn this season has been rough. Team has been off all year. I'm just confused how we can be this bad. O-line is beyond horrible even against backup d-linemen. Neal is leaning towards a bust. What happened to Wink and the D. I was expecting growing pains with Banks and Hawkins. Kayvon had two sacks, but he doesn't look explosive. Why is Pinnock still starting?

Idk we finally had expectations with this team, but we're not even close to the Cowboys or Eagles. This isn't hindsight, I wanted to trade Barkley last season when his value was the highest. Jones contract is really on 2 yrs guaranteed so I'm not worried. My biggest concern is how we don't look competitive in these games.
What's good man! It's sad imo. We should be better. We need DJ out of here.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He helped made Josh Allen; then turned around and made Daniel Jones look competent. I'm not saying he's perfect, but his pros outweigh his cons, and is a clear upgrade over Staley.

:comeon:

Coaches don't make QB's. They might hone what's there but an elite QB will figure it out. We've seen most of these QB whisperers fail once they got a guy with limited ability.

Daboll's first two seasons with Buffalo they finished 31st and 26th in passing. They didn't take off until they got Diggs so was it the coach or the personnel who took Allen to the next level?

Last season the Giants got 7 of their 9 wins against the Titans, Panthers, Bears, Packers, Texans, Commanders, and Colts. They were the product of a soft schedule and even with a bunch of cupcakes and mediocre to bad defenses Jones only had 15 TD's.

Daboll hasn't proven anything and no one is looking to give him a head coaching job at this point. You're out of your mind to think he's qualified to coach the Chargers 4 games into a terrible season and a lifetime regular season record of 10-10-1 and after you advocate he quits. His teams sucks and he's a quitter but that somehow makes a great hire. How?

His offense sucks, QB has regressed, special teams are a disaster, and they look undisciplined. That's on the head coach. He's another Belichick coaching tree guy who appears to be not capable of leading a team. It was a sham to name him coach of the year but that award will only buy him time in NY not in another city.

Last edited: