1899 (Netflix, From Dark Creators)

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
How is the breh's character in this?

Much screen time / agency?

There is one breh, who is a part of the main ensemble cast. Decent amount of screen time, can't say he was among one of my favorite characters though. Not a reason to check out the show.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I have one episode left but I've changed my mind this show is a misfire. Too many characters too many languages the plot is not interesting and it starts becoming a Looney tunes cartoon. They started going off the rails a bit with the third season of dark and this is completely unhinged and has become background noise and I just use my phone
Sounds like Dark after season one :francis:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Surprised to see the so-so reviews here, I quite enjoyed it. Maybe brehs were waiting for something more similar to Dark though, or on par quality-wise, it's not as good but still good imo. I'm really intrigued to understand the whole language thing, there must be a reason they all speak their own language yet somehow basically understand each other.

I met the breh a couple times irl here in Paris, cool guy happy he's getting some international shine.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
damn i kinda didn't like this

this brand of storytelling pisses me off so much. Where you as the audience member have no idea what's going on and the show REFUSES to explain. It hinges on the answers being satisfying, but idk i didn't feel like they were here. it's like westworld. sets up a bunch of shyt and then when you get to where it wants to go it's either lame or just another fuucking mystery.

6/10 had some cool moments.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I watched the first 2 eps on the weekend and it did not click at all for me. It's like they tried to come up with a bunch of mysteries but spent no time in the story or characters. I don't think I'll finish it.

I had high hopes, Dark is one of my favorite shows of the past 10 years :mjcry:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Disappointed to hear :francis:. Didn't like it as much as Dark, but was pulled in by the mystery and the direction the story was headed. Numbers weren't massive, but seemed pretty solid and was hoping the Volume like tech they were using could help keep costs down.