1899 (Netflix, From Dark Creators)

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
The first season of dark had a 60 or so on metacritic iirc so idc.

Just finished first ep and I'm intrigued enough. I said the other day I wish there was more shyt set on ships

That's why i don't fukk with Metacritic....

Dark season 1 is GOAT in the streets....

The first episode of this bored me, but i will give it a few more before i choose to drop it.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Just finished first ep

It was cool. Giving me Dark vibes the soundtrack and visuals

Everyone is on the run, harboring some dark secret

The lead looks like a prime Nicole Kidman lol

Started slow. Picked up towards the end. Did enough to leave me wanting more

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I dont think she’s on the ship where the story is taking place. I think shes in the mental institution.

:patrice: but she was a passenger of the prometheus tho.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That Nikka probably dont like mindbenders and slow burn. thats why he led with “huge fan of Dark…”. Dark is time travel, science fiction. This is more science fiction, mind bender futuristic… two different type of shows. And both got quality acting.

I’m gonna give it a try tomorrow, i put it on briefly yesterday and got distracted with something.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
That Nikka probably dont like mindbenders and slow burn. thats why he led with “huge fan of Dark…”. Dark is time travel, science fiction. This is more science fiction, mind bender futuristic… two different type of shows. And both got quality acting.

The writing - particularly the pacing & character writing - on 1899 is inferior in every way to Dark. I watch a lot of mindbender type of shows, the only reason I watched this to the end was off the strength of Dark. I had no issue with the setting/setup, the payoff is underwhelming and the 2nd act of the season did not make me care about any of the characters at all.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished the 1st episode, intriguing setup :ohhh:

Will probably stay out of this thread, until I finish the series.