15 years ago Guerrilla Warfare cameout :bandreas:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i still recall my 1st time hearing this tape.

it was the morning after the source awards aired. me and my bul went to the bootleg man. i copped the TRU tape and he copped the hot boys. then iirc, i think we swapped tapes right away, went half on a pack of blankss and dubbed each other's tapes up.

i accidentally dubbed side B first. so the first joint i heard was "boys at war". as soon as i heard the track come on, i knew this tape was something special. best group cut on the album.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
HIP-HOP classic!

FIXED.

It's one of those classic "what would've happened" hiphop questions, if B.G. didn't get hooked on H. He lost too much of his brain too early, it's a damn shame.

ehh. BG may have been burnt out regardless.

dude had dropped 4 straight albums leading up to this, that range from great to classic. and thats not even counting the other hot boys album, and all his other works. even had the label on his back for years.

imo, BG is one of those guys that the mainstream was just late on. right up there with DMX(another druggie) and 50 cent.

Chill bruh. shoot 1st is a classic.

This CD evokes some of the my strongest nostalgia feelings on the low. I remember being 13 when it dropped, me and my nikka sitting in my crib everyday listening to this shyt on my karaoke machine because it had a subwoofer, playing WWF attitude on N64. It was trash but we liked the create a wrestler shyt back then.

It's VERY tough to chose, but I think Ya Dig is the best solo CLOSELY followed by Bout Whatever. They all fukking jam though.

5* classic album, one of the best ever.

oh snap. you really took it back.

wwf attitude was THAT CHIT that summer. that and knockout kings had the combat games on smash around my way.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
:usure: no limit was doing those videos before cash money, actually.

edit: they used to stay biting young turk tho. but so did half of the south for a good 5 years.

Nah, there's subtle nuances to Percy's biting...it's an ever evolving stream of shark moves that may be confusing to the uninitiated...that video is moreso a low budget bite of the prime Bad Boy era "big willy" aesthetic... hence the ill-fitted suits, the synchronized dancers ala Mase's first album and Will Smith circa Get Jiggy With It....he didn't flat out say fukk it throw the solider branding and pseudo mafiaso schtick in the bushes and wholesale shark the Hot Boy steez till around the time of the Hot Boyz (:russ:) movie and Tight Whips

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nah, there's subtle nuances to Percy's biting...it's an ever evolving stream of shark moves that may be confusing to the uninitiated...that video is moreso a low budget bite of the prime Bad Boy era "big willy" aesthetic... hence the ill-fitted suits, the synchronized dancers ala Mase's first album and Will Smith circa Get Jiggy With It....he didn't flat out say fukk and wholesale shark the Hot Boy steez till around the time of the Hot Boyz movie and Tight Whips

:usure:

master p was rockin suits in his videos long before puff. and this is nothing like a bad boy video/song at all.

i never said he didnt bite cash money in other instances, but youre way too caught up in internet rhetoric. half the stuff yall throw out there is laughable.

besides, using your logic, cash money bit no limit since they were doing these types of videos before CMR.:whistle: you want it to be one way.

Last edited:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
:usure:

master p was rockin suits in his videos long before puff. this is nothing like a bad boy video/song at all.

i never said he didnt bite cash money in other instances, but youre way too caught up in internet rhetoric. half the stuff yall throw out there is laughable.

besides, using your logic, cash money bit no limit since they were doing these types of videos before them.

Percy's perpetual biting extends waaaay past "internet rhetoric"...the actual parties themselves (from Yuk to Kast to Mannie and BG etc) have called him out for it first hand...he's the GOAT biter :manny:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Percy's perpetual biting extends waaaay past "internet rhetoric"...the actual parties themselves (from Yuk to Kast to Mannie and BG etc) have called him out for it first hand...he's the GOAT biter :manny:

:patrice:

Master-P-Jay-Z.jpg

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps

There's a certain level of shamelessness that separates Hov and percy, far as biting goes...Jay cares too much about perception to put outa blatant one to one carbon copy bootleg bite of a song, that's still in rotation when you bite it

He's the biter of biters

• Dap
Reactions: VBM

Harry B

Superstar
Daps

ehh. BG may have been burnt out regardless.

dude had dropped 4 straight albums leading up to this, that range from great to classic. and thats not even counting the other hot boys album, and all his other works. even had the label on his back for years.

imo, BG is one of those guys that the mainstream was just late on. right up there with DMX(another druggie) and 50 cent.
While I'm not big of a fan enough to call his 3 first albums dope (thought they were pretty meh) CCITG was straight fire.
He was only 18-19 when this dropped though, same with CCITG and he had moments of fire.
He was developing in a nice pace just like Weezy did, so that's why it's worth to wonder if that pace would've continued up until his early to mid 20s if it wasn't for the dope.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Stop it, Jay jacks lines from Biggie and a few other very known classic lines.

Master P's concept was jacking sounds, swags and all that from around the nation, getting his production team and selling it to his region. Jay could do without those lines, dude arguably a better emcee than the ones he jacked. P would have to redo his whole career.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
While I'm not big of a fan enough to call his 3 first albums dope (thought they were pretty meh) CCITG was straight fire.
He was only 18-19 when this dropped though, same with CCITG and he had moments of fire.
He was developing in a nice pace just like Weezy did, so that's why it's worth to wonder if that pace would've continued up until his early to mid 20s if it wasn't for the dope.

nah. BG wasnt developing. he was already developed. he was 19 at this point, but in rap years, he was more like 29. and i wouldnt even compare him to weezy cuz weezy will never put out the quality music that BG was droppin. BG was more like the old school artists who came out throwing haymakers and making classics in their teenage years. and you know once you start making LEGIT classics, theres nowhere to go but down, no matter how good the rest of your music is.

chopper city is a legit classic, and theres people that will argue to the death that the following 2 albums are better.

and dude was still able to have a renaiisance period in the mid-00s.

i cant really blame it on the dope. its just natural progression & regression. i think CMR burnt him out almost as bad as they did mannie. BG had the label on his back for a good 3 years, at least.

There's a certain level of shamelessness that separates Hov and percy, far as biting goes...Jay cares too much about perception to put outa blatant one to one carbon copy bootleg bite of a song, that's still in rotation when you bite it
He's the biter of biters

dog. jay-z stole other rappers' STYLES, claimed them as his own and ran with them for years. he even jacked from his own crew.

all master p does is take lil concepts and put his spin on them. hes gotten a bit more shameless in recent years but its so blatant, you cant even knock it. only people he really did dirty was dru down/luniz & UNLV. and even then, he just ran with their concepts, and made completely different songs out of them.

and you listed none of those examples in your previous post. instead, you pulled ridiculous accusations out of nowhere........INTERNET RHETORIC.

and i would take outkast off your list cuz "hoody hoo" was really just a common practice. all he did was take a hook from a well-known album in a previous era. people do that ALL THE TIME. i think kast is a bit bitter because TRU made a huge banger out of it. and their fans are bitter because most of outkast's stan-base wasnt actually listening to them in their prime years:laugh: so they likely knew the TRU song long before the kast version.

sure P had some infamous biting moments, but most of the stuff yall accuse him of is laughable. and i dont know man. theres guys like ice cube, jay-z and others that make a strong claim for that title as well. and when i say jay-z, im not talking about him quoting lines.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
turk had the best song on here.

its a shame how he gets chitted on by younger fans on some revisionist chit.

like half the south ran with his flow too.